2018 JGP Linz Mens Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Linz Mens Free Skate

QuadSal

On the Ice
Yeah, Koshiro's TES is still higher than Camden's, even though Camden had a more difficult layout.

I wonder how Camden's work on Quads is going? I know staying in the JGP gives him more time to work on it... but will he be able to get it in, or will the motivation to skate clean keep him from adding it in?

It's very possible that because of last year he was kind of messy, even on the triples, so he probably wanted to stabilise them before he tries a quad. That and how the new scoring system does seam to award jump quality over just any quad.

zebobes

Final Flight
I think his 3As will keep him in the game --- a good 3A has more stock under this new scoring system.

Exactly, since it will keep him in the game, he won't have as much motivation to put in a quad, which will work out for him short term, but long term... Oh well, I'll just enjoy the performance of today and not worry about the future!

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I ended up missing so much but I AM SO HAPPY FOR KOSHIROOOO :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Silver medal after such a long time off from injury, and he skated soooo well! So proud of him!!!
Congrats also to Camden, he always had so much passion in his interpretation but he's become a lot more polished, he has more control, his arm movements are so soft! A well deserved gold!
I wasn't able to see either Conrad or Roman yet, but congrats to Roman on a bronze :clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Exactly, since it will keep him in the game, he won't have as much motivation to put in a quad, which will work out for him short term, but long term... Oh well, I'll just enjoy the performance of today and not worry about the future!

I'm of the don't rush it variety (especially since not doing one well penalizes you so much), so I'm not that worried about it. He trains with Vincent Zhou, so I'm sure he's aware of what he needs to do.

lady_bee

Medalist
I said this yesterday, but again, Camden's improved so much.
Not only technically but also artistically. I am so impressed:clap:

And Koshiro:yahoo:! His cute Chaplin program in 2015 is still my favorite junior program and I've been expecting him to be a good performer since then, but he's grown up beyond my expectation! I am very looking forward his further development.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Octagon-shaped medals? Sure.

ETA: My bad. Those are actually hexagons. :laugh:

Last edited:

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Koshiro on that podium... :sad21: I'm so happy for him! He was so good!
He has a shot at JGPF now, surely he will get a second assignment :yahoo:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They all look so happy:)

I will be a shallow auntie and say that Camden has a beautiful smile; he should use it skating more often.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Seeing Koshiro and Camden on the top step together warms the cockles of my heart... they were both at the training camp in Latvia (when Camden got his SP choreo). There is a very funny pic of Camden giving Koshiro a piggyback ride IIRC :biggrin: And doing lots of other fun stuff together. :)

Who's asking about afternoon tea with scones? :laugh:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Both of the JGP men's podiums so far have been:

Gold - North America
Silver - Japan
Bronze - Europe

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Seeing Koshiro and Camden on the top step together warms the cockles of my heart... they were both at the training camp in Latvia (when Camden got his SP choreo). There is a very funny pic of Camden giving Koshiro a piggyback ride IIRC :biggrin: And doing lots of other fun stuff together. :)

Oh, they made sure to get a pic together with their flags, too :luv17: And one with Roman too. :)

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Haha, what an eventful medal ceremony. Congratulations, Camden, Koshiro, and Roman!

Did anyone else think Camden looked a bit displeased by the meager amount of gold on his gold medal? (Who can blame him? :laugh:)

Koshiro definitely wins the gold medal in cheeriness. How adorable when he went to hug Roman without shaking his hand first, and nice save at the end, rescuing Camden from that mob of girls. :rofl: Were they allowed to go near him like that!?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He's been on the JGP for a while..
Here's his Chaplin from his first JGP season in 2015... SO PRECIOUS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sq1foryt-Q

He's really developed in so many ways since then! Honestly I'm like.. dude, when did he get that tall?! :laugh:

OK, I may have seen this one. But I dislike Chaplin programs soooo much, I may have put poor Koshiro out of my mind.

Not any more:biggrin:

emipeters

Rinkside
I did a bit of a double take seeing Camden next to Roman on the podium. Were it not for Camden's eyebrows, I would be confusing them all the time...

Well done to Koshiro! Love that kid's smile, and hope to see it a lot more on top of podiums this season!