2018 JGP Ljubljana Ladies Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Ladies Short Program

Fluture

Record Breaker
I think so, I adore Anna T and Anastasia Tarakanova was charming, but I don't think they can get enough points to push Yelim out no matter how well they do in the free.

So, if none of them gets first who will get the last Final spot? The one who‘s got more points total, I assume and the silver medal, right?

Fluture

Record Breaker
Well, there is still Kanysheva next week...

But so far it‘s Anna Shcherbakova, Alena Kostornaya, Yelim Kim and Alexandra Trusova (likely) in the final. So, there need to be two more anyway. Kanysheva and one of the girls here. Or did I miss someone?

frida80

Record Breaker
So, if none of them gets first who will get the last Final spot? The one who‘s got more points total, I assume and the silver medal, right?

If neither of them win today, the final spots will go to the silver medal winning Russian from this competition and presumably Trusova and Kanysheva, provided Kanysheva comes in second. If she doesn’t, it will be a tie breaker between her and the Russian bronze medalist from this competition. This is presuming the second Russia from Saturday gets bronze.

WhiteProphet

On the Ice

But so far it‘s Anna Shcherbakova, Alena Kostornaya, Yelim Kim and Alexandra Trusova (likely) in the final. So, there need to be two more anyway. Kanysheva and one of the girls here. Or did I miss someone?

Oh, I didn't consider that...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
No ! on Haein's flip :yahoo:

Upon further inspection, Haein and Kawabata Tomoe's GOEs on jumps are almost the same, it was the spins and the step sequence not getting the levels that made the difference (and of course the PCS). The free is going to be one hell of an event.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Haein only had a level two stepsequence and a level three spin otherwise I think she‘d be higher.

Anastasia and Anna both also had level 3 on one of their spins. Anastasia also was the only one of the Top 5 to get a level 4 step sequence. Interesting... There were lots of points left on the table from each skater. Especially Haein, though. If she wants a medal she needs to get those level 4s...

Fluture

Record Breaker
No ! on Haein's flip :yahoo:

:yahoo: Now only fix those levels and she‘ll be even more ready to slay. She‘s really a skater that has everything. Jumps, spins, powerful presence on the ice, deep edges, nice interpretation and the ability to draw the audience in. I literally can‘t wait for her to slay on the junior circuit next year but I‘ll also be eagerly awaiting her senior debut!! :luv17:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
:yahoo: Now only fix those levels and she‘ll be even more ready to slay. She‘s really a skater that has everything. Jumps, spins, powerful presence on the ice, deep edges, nice interpretation and the ability to draw the audience in. I literally can‘t wait for her to slay on the junior circuit next year but I‘ll also be eagerly awaiting her senior debut!! :luv17:

There's this third girl, Seoyeon Ji, born in '05 (same as Haein and Seoyoung), and I think they'll be the new junior trio. Very much anticipating that :luv17:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mans World to.. an Italian version of man's world? I'm not sure. It was bad. Be glad I've taken the bullet for you.

The thing I didn't like was towards the end when both versions were playing at the same time. And there were partial overlaps between the Italian lines and the English lines, and it just sounded a total mess.

If it was me, I would have had two definite sections: James Brown singing at the start, with Pavarotti taking over half-way through and continuing until the end.

But, other than that, it didn't bother me.

CaroLiza_fan

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Ok, so, we can say now that Yelim is officially safe, right?

Not necessarily. Tarakanova needs just a 125 to get 198, so if she's clean she can do it. And then Tarusina would need just a 124 to beat her. All assuming Tomoe drops from first, that is. She's not usually clean, is she? and that's necessary here.

WhiteProphet

On the Ice
Not necessarily. Tarakanova needs just a 125 to get 198, so if she's clean she can do it. And then Tarusina would need just a 124 to beat her. All assuming Tomoe drops from first, that is. She's not usually clean, is she? and that's necessary here.

198-63,98=134,02 ??

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Ye Lim Kim has 388.23
Actually Tarakanova needs 133.56 (and place second, obviously) or win.
If Tarusina ends up dropping to 2nd, she'll need 135.81 in the FS. If she scores that high, she probably would be the winner.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Ye Lim Kim has 388.23
Actually Tarakanova needs 133.56 (and place second, obviously) or win.
If Tarusina ends up dropping to 2nd, she'll need 135.81 in the FS. If she scores that high, she probably would be the winner.

I doubt either Anastasia or Anna could achieve a score like that. Alena had what... 133 and something in Linz? 135 is a huge, huge score. I think it will be the one who wins (or gets second place if the winner isn‘t Russian) who goes to JGPF. I’m pretty sure Yelim will be in the final.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Rion’s second 3T was UR, hence the relatively low score.

Tomoe's Lutz is perfection but that 3T was UR too, just like in her last event. This time it wasn't called.
It's funny because she has the textbook technique but for some reason she can't get that second jump around. :think:

Her 3F though deserved some +4s but it even got a 0! What the heck was J5 thinking??? :laugh2:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I didn't watch the event live, now you imagine my surprise to see Tomoe>Tarusina>Tarakanova>Lee! :laugh:

I loved Tomoe's performance! She's a joy to watch, she has the expression and her body movements are suited to the music. That was something I think was missing from Tarusina's performance, you could see how her shoulders and neck were tense the whole time, even when the music asked for more relaxed and fluid movement; her expression too was a bit too serious and one dimensional for that music. But that's the problem with choosing tango, you have to be able to sell it. To me neither Tarusina or Tarakanova(as much as I love her) sold their performances. I have to say, Tarakanova's choreography is much better and her jumps are huge compared to Tarusina's. It's unfortunate she doubled the Toe, she could've been second now. I thought Tarusina's 3F was a bit overscored, no way that jump deserves a +4! But overall, she had a clean skate with good energy!
Haein Lee is so lovely! She's missing the expression but she has the performance ability in her body movements and she's very musical, the jumps are good too. By next season she could be one of the top Korean Ladies.
By the way, Korea is really bringing it this season with Juniors. I haven't seen a perfect, complete package skater, but all of them have so much potential! And it seems that lady who used to coach Eunsoo is coaching a bunch of these Korean ladies, interesting to see.
And as always, I have to compliment the Korean dresses! Haein Lee looked beautiful! :love:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Tomoe's Lutz is perfection but that 3T was UR too, just like in her last event. This time it wasn't called.
It's funny because she has the textbook technique but for some reason she can't get that second jump around. :think:

Her 3F though deserved some +4s but it even got a 0! What the heck was J5 thinking??? :laugh2:

I am okay with the 3T not being called < because I see it as borderline 1/4 turn underrotated... however that big hooked landing should have hurt GOE.
I don't know why anyone would give the 3F 0 GOE only... unless they take issue with the takeoff edge perhaps

Anyway, isn't Tomoe a sight for sore eyes :love: