2018 JGP Yerevan Ladies Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Yerevan Ladies Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't like the slits (I mean, right across the bodice, really??), but this is a pretty nice unitard. Where's anonymoose_au?

I liked it. I didn't have any problems with the front of it. In fact, I thought the front looked lovely. Although, I do think that the way the slits were on the back looked really odd.

And although it was very different, I loved the dress of the Armenian girl on before her too.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:laugh: The resemblance is uncanny! I didn't even realise Eteri wasn't always blonde!

That's the opposite of me. I really can't get used to her being blonde.

In other news it's nearly 12:30am and I feel I should turn in...sorry last group!

Well done! If it was me, I wouldn't have even lasted for that long!

Sleep well!

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That headband is over the top even for Swan Lake...

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Arrrgh!!!! Just reading through the comments about the interval music, and am regretting winding back to watch Elen and Alina again (I wrote too much in my comment about Trusova, and didn't half see them at the time) :bang: :bang: :bang:

Right, I'll have to remember to put the archived livestream on and have the resurfacings playing in the background when I'm doing stuff later on. :rock: :rock: :rock:

CaroLiza_fan

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
even though I'm a sucker for Saint-Saens' Swan
that was a lovely skate from Laziza

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
even though I'm a sucker for Saint-Saens' Swan
that was a lovely skate from Laziza

I'm sure I'm not the only person that saw her costume and automatically assumed that we were going to be hearing Swan Lake again. And much as I love Swan Lake, it was nice hearing about a different swan for a change.

And it's good to see a young Ladies skater from Uzbekistan coming through. I was worried that once Misha Ge retired, that would be the last we would see of Uzbekistan in figure skating. So, it's a relief that it's not. It's always nice seeing small skating countries in the competitions.

Very cheery girl when waiting for her results. I like that. :)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Massive cheer for the girl from Yerevan.

And then "Por Una Cabeza" comes on. :eek:

Not sure that was a wise choice so soon after Anna Pogo made it her own...

CaroLiza_fan

freeman21

On the Ice
Is there some kind of tango requirement this season? I noticed it a lot also in senior Singles/Dancing competitions these past few weeks.

(sorry, I'm not really up to date with most of ISU's decisions/changes)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is there some kind of tango requirement this season? I noticed it a lot also in senior Singles/Dancing competitions these past few weeks.

(sorry, I'm not really up to dat with most of ISU's decisions/changes)

It's required for the rhythm dance (short dance) for the ice dancers. The others are doing it by choice.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
On the plus side, at least she didn't use the exact same edit as Anna. Marina stuck to the proper version, without the techno stuff that Anna used (and which I didn't like).

But, just wait until you see Ilayda's FS to it tomorrow... ;) :biggrin:

Can't believe we're onto the last skater already. That competition flew past.

CaroLiza_fan

katymay

Medalist
I think Kanysheva has far better skating skills than Trusova, but besides that Sasha deserves to be first for the big jumps and the transitions.

Nitpicking on Trusova's SP:
- i wish she ditches the illusion at the end of the flying camel spin (it's slow and she doesn't finish it)
- more flow on the steps sequence would be nice, and as Ted pointed out her skating is still a bit angular.
- little bouncy edge in the cantilever and the leg for the illusion entry into the bielmman should be a little higher.

Watching the other programs, i think Araki, Kanysheva and Kuzmenko were a bit underscored.

Akari way underscored.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I expect some System of a down next but cannot complain with Iron maiden either :rock:

that would have been on point, they are armenians :biggrin:

anyway, cathicng up with sp:

Kanysheva: what a great skater and what a beautiful program, probably my favourite so far in juniors.

Yokoi: the queen of jungle XD that dress hits all my soft spots

Guidote: sassy girl, loved her spirit

Trusova: what one could possibly say about her?:clap:

Arbitrary

Medalist
Trusova looks like a long way out of her perfect conditions. Yet she received +2 vs best of the boys.

But I'm sceptical for tomorrow.
that would have been on point, they are armenians [emoji3]

anyway, cathicng up with sp:

Kanysheva: what a great skater and what a beautiful program, probably my favourite so far in juniors.

Yokoi: the queen of jungle XD that dress hits all my soft spots

Guidote: sassy girl, loved her spirit

Trusova: what one could possibly say about her?:clap:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Trusova looks like a long way out of her perfect conditions. Yet she received +2 vs best of the boys.

she just came out from a flu, but anyway i don't see how kanysheva (or any other girl in the last group) can snatch the gold from her.

moriel

Record Breaker

Trusova has a huge safety pillow.
When healthy, she can do tons of quads. If she is not feeling well, she can replace them with triples and still win easily.