2018 Lombardia Trophy Ladies Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Ladies Free Skate

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
If her intention is to go for 3Lz3T and 2A3T and solo 3Lz, then she would have no room for the 3F.

Would like to see the choreography extend beyond her arms and down into her footwork more, but it is a fun energetic program!

Actually she can do an 8-triple program with two 3Lz and two 3T and a 3F ;)
And she'd better do an 8-triple program if she wants to win another world title.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Well, Liza just broke up the A-team's hold on the top 3 scores of the season so far

Sasha is still indestructible, however :devil: And even the two others were beaten just because juniors receive significantly lower PCS. If Anna and Alëna would have been scored as seniors, they would receive better score than Elizaveta.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Mako is 3rd! I'm SO excited! Late to the party, I had planned to see the last 2 groups and got caught in a massive traffic jam and only got to see Liza (but glad I did). Congratulations to all the ladies! Hopefully I can watch some of the programs now.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I'm all for Tuk4worlds though. So big scores can only be good for her.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
:cheer: :cheer: Mako is 3rd! I'm SO excited! Late to the party, I had planned to see the last 2 groups and got caught in a massive traffic jam and only got to see Liza (but glad I did). Congratulations to all the ladies! Hopefully I can watch some of the programs now.

Coach Fluffy was looking fabulous at the boards with Mako!

Arriba are you watching the medal ceremony?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
If her intention is to go for 3Lz3T and 2A3T and solo 3Lz, then she would have no room for the 3F.

Would like to see the choreography extend beyond her arms and down into her footwork more, but it is a fun energetic program!

Can do something like this:
3A
3Lz-3T
3Lo
3S-2T-2Lo
---
2A-3T
3Lz
3F

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

She can replace her single 2A by 3F but it may be risky - her 2A is solid as a rock, with big pluses and 10% bonus she would get 5 points for it more than flip with a step-out not speaking about a pop or a fall.

Anyway, Liza slayed!!!!!! I want her in the team with Alina and Zhenya (unless Polina starts to deliver - then I will be "torn apart"). That will be one star team with 3 world and one olympic championships among them....

Her score vs. Kaori seems fair. Just compare their lutzes....

atsumiri

Record Breaker
these scores are a laughable.
Lack of URs and edge calls too.

Mishin worked with Karolina... so it's not surprise that in Italy his skaters are getting these kind of scores.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
I know, Liza is the world champion and her jumps were good today (we can forget about 3A), but 68 in PCS for a program, where all her choreography concentrated in hands with almost zero transitions... No comments.

andromache

Record Breaker
Liza could actually be the #1 Russian this season if Evgenia and Alina skate like they did at the test skates. The judges are remarkably generous with her components (she has a lot of charisma, but the two foot skating and poor choreo just KILL me) and the spin GOEs.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Liza could actually be the #1 Russian this season if Evgenia and Alina skate like they did at the test skates. The judges are remarkably generous with her components (she has a lot of charisma, but the two foot skating and poor choreo just KILL me) and the spin GOEs.

We have to see if it's just the traditional scoring of this event that allowed her to get that score or the fed support. I think the fed will wait after the challengers to choose who will have her support. As test skates were not really convincing for anyone.

QuadSal

On the Ice
I am proud of the podium finishers; Liza, Sofia and Mako. Also to Kaori for fighting in the free and getting to 4th place. :):yes2:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist

I mean, is that the easiest LSp4 ever or what? :rofl: +3 GOEs for that?

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I don't know about Zagitova, she may be lacking motivation this season (although there is still that World champion title), which, in turn, may result in her making more mistakes than last season, but that clearly is not the case with Medvedeva. Of course, she might just have other problems as she is trying to improve her lutz and axel technique. Still, mistakes at the test skate are not an indicator that Medvedeva will be making mistakes and falling regularly during the season. She made mistakes at last season's test skates too. Also, at this season's FS test skate all other female skaters/girls made more mistakes than Medvedeva, including Tuktamysheva. Now look at Tuktamysheva in this competition.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Liza was fantastic, I loved this program for her. I think Kaori's music is not such a good match for her as last season's music, I was a bit underwhelmed but enjoyed her program nonetheless. Pity about missing the podium but she's on the right track, I hope she gets there eventually.
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by Lindfors and Kropa, I find their skating very pleasant to watch, despite the jumps not being top notch here.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Also, is it just me or does Sofia's skating resemble Elena R a lot? (I haven't seen the SP and haven't followed this thread so sorry if it's been talked about already)