2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 3 | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Team Event Day 3

edenlover

On the Ice
I've been waiting for a performance like this from her for a long time. I always knew she could do it. I met her at her first senior nationals--she was adorable. I'm over the moon for her! I even think she's a bit underscored.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
64 pcs... they could have rewarded her better, close to 140. oh well...

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Mirai Nagasu

Wonderfully landed 3A, very clutch given some missteps earlier on the footwork. 3F+3T, 3T might be under-rotated but looks alright. Good 3S to follow and a well-centered combo spin with a nice I-spin. A beautiful catchfoot camel spin. Clear 2A+3T+2T. Secure 3Lz+2T and a solid 3F. Good step sequence with a nice smile, and refined Charlotte spiral, and a wonderful 3Lo. Gorgeous layback spin to finish!

Wow, Mirai did it! That was an Olympic-worthy performance. Fierce, focused program with brilliant jumping passes and that cracking 3A. She has really fought her way through her career and forced the judges to pay attention to her. I don't think she'll get any dings, maybe one or two. But that is a program that will define her career.

FunsizedFlier

On the Ice
I also love seeing the whole team flip out for her.

Side note, Father Flier wanted to have a sudden debate as to the existence of Mirai's inner thigh tattoo* right before the 3A and I practically was hissing. Not. The. Time, man.

EDIT: Or kinesiology tape? I didn't even notice at first and there were more important things to pay attention to in the moment, lol