2018 Quebec Summer Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Quebec Summer Skate

Haleth

On the Ice
Sorry for multiple posts, but wasn’t sure if best to comment separately that siberia82 has news from Joseph and Nic. You can check their respective fanfests for what they told siberia82. I didn’t want to cut and paste their full posts because I wasn’t sure if the crossposting permission was only for the videos s82 made

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Senior Pairs SP:

Lori-Anne Matte / Thierry Ferland: Solid, other than Ferland wobbling on a spin.

Justine Brasseur / Mark Bardei: A lot of potential here (their opening twist is beautiful), but kinks to work out in the footwork, etc. Bardei had a horrendous Pogorilaya-level faceplant on the SBS.

Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro: Okay, I'm starting to worry about the ice conditions in one end of the rink, because there's a whole lot wobbling from multiple people in that end. Program looks nice, though with errors (again on SBS).

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Moore-Towers and Marinaro: she fell on the SBS, but every thing else pretty nice. Program's not really doing it for me, but as they smooth it out over the season it'll be beautiful.

Ruest and Wolfe: some minor wobbles on the spins and the twist take down. Hand down on throw. Great lift. Nailed the SBS.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Camille Ruest / Drew Wolfe: Best SBS we've seen so far. Iffy execution on a few other elements.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Thanks you two for the updates!

Zamboni break and then Junior Danse Rythmique.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Of the four programs, I think Brasseur/Bardei's Kaleo program is the best on a conceptual level.

KMT/Marinaro's program probably requires more intimate camerawork than the static rink view we're getting to have an impact.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Starting orders for the junior rhythm dance: https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/19_OD-1.pdf

Lajoie / Lagha skate first: Liked the variation on the first set of twizzles and matching leg lines in the pattern. Would like some more tango character especially on the step sequence. Fast rotational lift. The costumes are a different colour scheme than standard red/black, him in blue/black and her in a black dress with colourful flowers, but I'm not too sure about the music and the overall program. Good score of 66.79.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Anybody knows what's dance ritmique (rhythmic dance)? Is it sort of SP/OD for juniors?

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Anybody knows what's dance ritmique (rhythmic dance)? Is it sort of SP/OD for juniors?

The rhythm dance is the new name for the SD. This year in juniors, it is the Argentine Tango. Tango Romantica in seniors.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Fabbri/Ayer: This new couple skated at Minto two weeks ago. They seem to be coming together nicely. Good speed across the ice. Bobble on the first twizzle from him. Her second position on the lift could have been better extended. Some good use of AT figures. 59.09.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
So no stream for the third group?

I thought it was just ice resurfacing initially...

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In comparison to the other events, Senior Dance has a very high percentage of elite international skaters. Fully 50% of the participants have been to Worlds.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
The results are posted. Alaine lost the L as it was 2L, and got DG for T. I thought it was slightly UR, but they have better position...Poor Alaine is only 5th.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
When will Laurence and Nikolaj be eligible for international assignments? Beginning with 4CC if they place well at Nationals? They're looking good, Laurence is sultry as heck in this tango.