2018 Quebec Summer Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Quebec Summer Skate

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
After 2 years away to come back and skate like THAT! :love: VERONIK is BACK!!! And with her coaches coming from the Cynthia era, you know she will be impeccably coiffed from head to toe come competitions this fall, as she has been previously.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Agreed!

If she can get a flip/lutz I would love to see her finally make it to worlds.

I also really love Alicia program...despite that skate...

I think Alicia is one of the most athletic skaters of the field and her spins and footwork are great. Now to work on nerves when it comes to being last skater of the pack and all.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Alaine was better than last year, but she has to fix the Loop jump and maybe the Flip. Her Lz is among the best among girls, but that's not enough.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Looks like Laurence and Nikolaj will be skating their last season FD. At least those looked like their last season FD costumes. I don't think they would skate and FD of different style in these costumes.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Cipriano/Richardson win my affection for using "Desperado", which I've long thought would make a good ice dance program.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Marie Jade and Romain are going all out for fun this year. I like the energy of their FD, but like with their RD, they need to smooth out the music transitions. Too disjointed for the thing to come together as a whole.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I forgot that Laurence and Nikolaj had to rework their Spanish FD for this season's rules to be able to skate it here. Perhaps they are going to keep it? Although it would be a bit risky with the RD being tango. Also, I missed their score - what did they get?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm assuming their costumes for this aren't ready/decided on yet, because to skate a Bruno Mars medley you really need flashy outfits.

I forgot that Laurence and Nikolaj had to rework their Spanish FD for this season's rules to be able to skate it here. Perhaps they are going to keep it? Although it would be a bit risky with the RD being tango. Also, I missed their score - what did they get?
I can see why they might keep it. Beyond, of course, it being a good program, the only international competitions they'll be eligible for this year are 4CC and Worlds, and they obviously haven't done this program at either of those before.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Colonel Green - Were you responding to me about costumes? If yes - I was talking about Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen, not Lauriault/Le Gack. And it's logical that F-B/S would have the same costumes for their last season FD so early in the season.

As for the rest - you are right, of course. And I actually don't mind Laurence and Nikolaj keeping their Flamenco FD for those few competitions as I like it a lot. But now I want to see their new RD (which I missed yesterday) even more.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Colonel Green - Were you responding to me about costumes?
No, the costume comment was about Lauriault and Le Gac. The all-black look resembles something you'd wear in practice sessions, more than something you'd skate a Bruno Mars song in.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Are the archived videos posted somewhere else? Patinage Quebec's channel has no junior or senior programs posted.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh, a pity. I was planning to watch, and looking forward to both team's performances/new FDs (meaning F-B/S and S/F). I had previously forgotten about this competition, so did not watch the RD (hopefully there will be videos from the stream). But withdrawals from the second half of the competition are to be expected at this point in the season. And there are still Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen to watch 🙂. This is most likely the only chance to see them before the Canadian nationals, while we will be able to watch Soucisse/Firus at other competitions during the first half of the season.

Actually we should see them at Quebec sectionals and Skate Canada Challenge as well. Both are usually streamed, at least in Canada. Challenge is in early Dec IIRC and sectionals are either October or November.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Veronique Mallet had beautiful programs, but with no F or Lz or 3-3, no wonder she made no mistakes. I really hope she finally gets a 3-3 and do all triples. Alaine has a 3Lz3T which is great only in training, where she also did 3Lz3L. I think she needs a psychologist more than a coach. I watched her training and she has better jumps than Kaetlyn. But when she is in competition I think she can't control her nerves. Other way I can't explain what happens.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Actually we should see them at Quebec sectionals and Skate Canada Challenge as well. Both are usually streamed, at least in Canada. Challenge is in early Dec IIRC and sectionals are either October or November.
Thanks, SnowWhite. I had forgotten about those competitions.