2018 Russian FS Championship Pairs FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian FS Championship Pairs FS

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I agree that TM here are the rightful winners here, no doubt. They stood up, SK didn’t. It’s the battle within the battle that irks me. RusFed always plays these little games with their scoring that just drive me up the wall.

Fair enough. Last year, it actually went the opposite way & many thought T/M were robbed of the win. At least the placement is correct this time.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Fair enough. Last year, it actually went the opposite way & many thought T/M were robbed of the win. At least the placement is correct this time.

Although I love Ksenia & Fedor like mad, you are right. No question this time. Knowing my luck, I’ll go to Moscow for the second time without being able to watch them because Ksenia’s leg needs more healing... still looking forward to it.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
After GPF 2015 I'm still waiting to see S/K at full potential again, with no injuries and no mistakes which probably never happen in training.
It's frustrating, I can't imagine how frustrating is for them...

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
If I were a judge, I'll hammer T/M on composition, PE, Transitions and IN. Their SS are very good and they have excellent elements (some throws and twists are the best in the world). You want to acknowledge everyone's taste ? Fine. But there is a limit. And the limit is there with that program it's just plain wrong.
We often say "the judges want this or that", "the ISU prefers this". Well I hope they hate this. I don't want T/M to become an embarrassement on the Olympic stage ! :(

You cant hammer someone just because you dont like their music, or costumes or concept of the programme :roll5: Im all for diversity and new age music choices. Give me more of that skaters :rock:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
You cant hammer someone just because you dont like their music, or costumes or concept of the programme :roll5: Im all for diversity and new age music choices. Give me more of that skaters :rock:

That's the issue. It's not that "I don't like", that I can deal with and if you are a judges it has to be as objective as possible. I'm actually all for change and differences too !

Performance wise, their elements save them so when they have mistakes it's hard to catch up because the program isn't good.
Interpretation is terrible - objectively, it's cringy and it doesn't suits them.
Composition : speaks for itself.
Transitions : well they could have been okay with that but even there are some cringy dance moments and faces through the programs.

And it's not even a case of : "it's so bad, it's good". :palmf:

Does someone knows who choreographed this though ?

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
That's the issue. It's not that "I don't like", that I can deal with and if you are a judges it has to be as objective as possible. I'm actually all for change and differences too !

Performance wise, their elements save them so when they have mistakes it's hard to catch up because the program isn't good.
Interpretation is terrible - objectively, it's cringy and it doesn't suits them.
Composition : speaks for itself.
Transitions : well they could have been okay with that but even there are some cringy dance moments and faces through the programs.

And it's not even a case of : "it's so bad, it's good". :palmf:

Does someone knows who choreographed this though ?

But its not terrible, it suppose to be campy and appealing to younger audience... Do you think my younger sister and her friends will enjoy more if someone skate to classical music?... And how would you interpret that kind of music?... Some younger audience just have different taste and they want to see someone skate to modern pop music...
...Robin did choreo...

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
But its not terrible, it suppose to be campy and appealing to younger audience... Do you think my younger sister and her friends will enjoy more if someone skate to classical music?... And how would you interpret that kind of music?... Some younger audience just have different taste and they want to see someone skate to modern pop music...
...Robin did choreo...

Robin ... ? Wut ? :eek: Okay...

Well I'm in my early twenties, I listen to pop music a lot. This music is from 2006, one of my friend even skated to it in 2008 I think. But the program isn't even constructed to be appealling to a young audience. Replace the dance movements, the costume (I think that will change the perception A LOT) and the music cuts... I mean the program as a whole comes across as tacky.
I didn't want to dislike their LP you know :( It' just a bad equation...

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Robin ... ? Wut ? :eek: Okay...

Well I'm in my early twenties, I listen to pop music a lot. This music is from 2006, one of my friend even skated to it in 2008 I think. But the program isn't even constructed to be appealling to a young audience. Replace the dance movements, the costume (I think that will change the perception A LOT) and the music cuts... I mean the program as a whole comes across as tacky.
I didn't want to dislike their LP you know :( It' just a bad equation...

I just think its not right to claim its bad when they did it the way they supposed to... Its just matter of taste will you like it or not...

LRK

Record Breaker
...Robin did choreo...

Really? I thought it was Tchernyshev?

whatif

Medalist
Did she really say this?

Aljona´s time has come finally.?

She stopped short going all the way. Given that it was Russian championship. But she stated that none of these people can stand a chance against Savchenko this season.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
From their interviews it was Tchernyshev. He did both their programs.

Ok, still Robin is the one who approved it... people were talking that Robin gave them that programme because he wanted Alona to win so :) but my point was - its not the programme which will make you a winner, just your skating...idea of a programme is really not that important when its come to the scoring of skaters performance...