2018 Russian FS Championship Pairs FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian FS Championship Pairs FS

TCAngel18

Medalist
Ugh, I REALLLLY didn’t want T/M to win, but that program was definitely enough to take the title.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
That program is horrifying. PCS (not here but internationally) shouldn't come close to S/M and S/H, in at least 4 out of 5 categories.

Please change coaches next year. Or get your programs by someone who do not want to sabotage you.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Yeah, i loved that. I liked interpretatation too, its refreshing for us - young folks. I hope they will skate to Britney Spears next season :agree:

Lota

Record Breaker
I totally understand they have won overall, with such a huge advantage after sp. And a deserved one, tbh. But this score for FS, come on.

I know. All the scores are ridiculous tbh, but this one really stand out.

Anyway, can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm thankful for T/M and their silly program, I needed something to pick me up after the disaster that was this final group. Even with the mistakes, they were clearly ahead of everyone else :agree:

Giselle

Medalist
All season I thought that Tarasova/Morozov were just joking and planned to unveil their real LP at some point, but no, it seems that they really plan on showing up to the Olympics with this program...

Clear winner of this competition, congratulations for their national title!

slider11

Medalist
T/M are my favorite Russian pair but I must agree that this Candy Man routine does not do them justice. Probably too late, but I would love it if someone could convince them to go to a classical or romantic lyrical piece for their Olympic LP.

TCAngel18

Medalist
Even with Ksenia’s falls, they BETTER win the PCS battle. Their program is so much more interesting and whole, even with the Warhorse music.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Still less PCS than S/M at GPF....:angry2:

- - - Updated - - -

La terre vue du ciel
vs.
Turandot
vs.
Candyman

:sarcasm:

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Even with Ksenia’s falls, they BETTER win the PCS battle. Their program is so much more interesting and whole, even with the Warhorse music.

If I were a judge, I'll hammer T/M on composition, PE, Transitions and IN. Their SS are very good and they have excellent elements (some throws and twists are the best in the world). You want to acknowledge everyone's taste ? Fine. But there is a limit. And the limit is there with that program it's just plain wrong.
We often say "the judges want this or that", "the ISU prefers this". Well I hope they hate this. I don't want T/M to become an embarrassement on the Olympic stage ! :(

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
76+ in PCS, here we go... Always for that team, but never for that program...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
T/M are my favorite Russian pair but I must agree that this Candy Man routine does not do them justice. Probably too late, but I would love it if someone could convince them to go to a classical or romantic lyrical piece for their Olympic LP.

What about The Power of Love from Frankie goes to Hollywood? I could see them skating to that! It's powerful and romantic. And not tacky but still more modern than some old warhorse.