2018 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
You get so angry when people say this type of comment about Canada yet you have no issue letting insults fly here? Every score...subtract 4-5pts minimum? :palmf: OK...lol. The Juniors here could come run all over the Canadian podium.

Just saying.

So that I am clear and understanding Sam, you don't believe over scoring took place at Russian Nationals today?

Hmmm...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So that I am clear and understanding Sam, you don't believe over scoring took place at Russian Nationals today?

Hmmm...

You’ve completely missed the entire point which was your blanket statement that every skater is over scored by 4-5 points? I’m surprised you actually watched every skater. I got up super early to watch it live and even I missed quite a few myself.

Saying that every skater deserves 4-5 points less minimum is a flat out disrespectful thing to say.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I can't believe Alina is in first with that mistake. What a joke. At least Zagitova and Tsurskaya were better today.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
You’ve completely missed the entire point which was your blanket statement that every skater is over scored by 4-5 points? I’m surprised you actually watched every skater. I got up super early to watch it live and even I missed quite a few myself.

Saying that every skater deserves 4-5 points less minimum is a flat out disrespectful thing to say.

Don't mean to be disrespectful, Sam, it is just that I agree with other posters here that some mistakes were ignored or not penalized to a full extent. When you start the bar higher than it should be, all other scores are effected as a result.

Still awaiting your response from my last Post, btw.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Ugh, I love that both my sentimental fav's, Sima and Rika Hongo did so well in their SP :sad4:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I've already written it somewhere else and I don't want to sound like a hater since I don't deny any of the good qualities of her skating: it's just that Kostornaia to me isn't that good. She's nice, has high jumps (but with not so much distance), nice spins and steps and choreography, but I just can't feel anything special about her skating. It always seems a bit generic and juniorish, not at all at the level of refinement and subtlety of someone like Gubanova or Tsurskaya. When I was at the JGP in Italy I actually found her SP artistically inferior to Kihira's by a loooong way :shrug:

russianfan

Match Penalty

I don't think he/she even watched. Just another meaningless attempt to spread the hate. Hilarious to hear about inflation from canadians, let's not dive into this. There were better things to discuss.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've already written it somewhere else and I don't want to sound like a hater since I don't deny any of the good qualities of her skating: it's just that Kostornaia to me isn't that good. She's nice, has high jumps (but with not so much distance), nice spins and steps and choreography, but I just can't feel anything special about her skating. It always seems a bit generic and juniorish, not at all at the level of refinement and subtlety of someone like Gubanova or Tsurskaya. When I was at the JGP in Italy I actually found her SP artistically inferior to Kihira's by a loooong way :shrug:

Well I can’t help but like her. She has an incredible sense for the music and uses very difficult movements to express her musicality. It’s a deep connection with this one. I can see how some might not agree though because what she lacks in my opinion is presence and character. All juniors have some weakness though so I don’t get too hung up on it.

She’s a sweet kid though and I’m easily swayed by stuff like that.

alvina9894

Final Flight

Ah yes, artistry is something very subjective indeed. It is a hit-or-miss.

What Kostornaia lacks among the top junior ladies is signature, or as others have put it, personality/presence. We all remember Kihira and her 3A, Trusova and her 4S attempts, Tarakanova being fast and furious. Kostornaia has great control over her blades and skate as if she herself is music. With her SP and FS being two different pieces of music, her performance might as well seem to be skated by two different people. She does not take over to perform and shine through the music, but melts within.

The main reason I fell for her was that she made me forget that she had a backloaded 0-7 programme, and or once, find a jump-less first half enjoyable as she gracefully dances through well-executed transitions and spins.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Why should she be behind exactly?? I can see an argument for Kostornaia, but Polina is not of the skaters who was overscored???
I dont see how she has a pcs advantage over gubanova in any category, Gubanova should get far more.

We all remember Kihira and her 3A, Trusova and her 4S attempts, Tarakanova being fast and furious.
How painful it is always reading these comparisons with this set of names together yet lacking one....