• Bradie TENNELL

Votes: 88 52.1%
  • Megan WESSENBERG

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
(Just Checking in as I Just returned for a few weeks before I am off again on another motorcycle trip but will be back by Late Sept)
So glad to see many of these skaters again. Will try and get a pic with Marin! Looking forward to this event and Four Conts. Should we start a thread of GS attendees for this event?

nguyhm

On the Ice
(Just Checking in as I Just returned for a few weeks before I am off again on another motorcycle trip but will be back by Late Sept)
So glad to see many of these skaters again. Will try and get a pic with Marin! Looking forward to this event and Four Conts. Should we start a thread of GS attendees for this event?

Yes, please start a thread for GS attendees. It's 2 months away and coming up very fast.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Arrrgggghhhhh...only two weeks to go....gotta get out of motorcycling touring/camping mode and get into making my folder for the trip over the Cascades.
Looks like a good group! In fact, I am excited about all 4 disiplines....that and the comp gets me away from Ranch work! ;)

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Polina, Bradie, Kaori, or Satoko for the win! Would love to see Polina and Kaori qualify for the GPF. Bradie will definitely be the crowd favorite here!

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I expect Bradie and Satoko to do well here but I am really rooting for Kaori to do well too. I love the smooth flow of Kaori's skating. She reminds me of two old favorite skaters of mine, Shizuka Arakawa of Japan and Susanna Poykio of Finland. They both seemed to me to have soft knees and wonderful flow into and out of their jumps.

I am also looking forward to watching Loena and Marin in person for the first time. I also hope that Alaine Chartrand and Elena Radionova have good skates here—I have enjoyed watching them live in previous competitions and feel sad for their recent struggles.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I expect Bradie and Satoko to do well here but I am really rooting for Kaori to do well too. I love the smooth flow of Kaori's skating. She reminds me of two old favorite skaters of mine, Shizuka Arakawa of Japan and Susanna Poykio of Finland. They both seemed to me to have soft knees and wonderful flow into and out of their jumps.

I am also looking forward to watching Loena and Marin in person for the first time. I also hope that Alaine Chartrand and Elena Radionova have good skates here—I have enjoyed watching them live in previous competitions and feel sad for their recent struggles.

We may have to chase Marin around the concourse but we need a pic with her and maybe we can catch Kaori too!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Fingers crossed Laurine can replicate or even improve on her spectacular results from French Masters here! Her SP wasn't streamed from Villard-de-Lans, so I"m really looking forward to seeing it for the first time here.

(...maybe she has been stepping up her training on the 3A again following the Masters and might be willing to give it a try?)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hey Everybody

Just letting you know that if you want to make formal predictions on more positions than just the winner, the 2018 edition of the Senior Grand Prix Predictions Game has now started. And for this season we have a new home over in The Edge.

Here are the links:

2018 Senior Grand Prix Predictions Game (Rules)
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?76205

2018 Senior GP Game HALL OF FAME!
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?76206

2018 Skate America: Predictions Game Round 1
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?76207

Let the fun begin! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Judges have been tough on rotations this year. Are they going to decimate Satoko? Last year she got thru Skate America unscathed but the trend and new scoring system seem to be shifting away from a leniency on rotations and instead we’re seeing it in GOE. Not somewhere I’d expect her to excell. Maybe her program presentation will be enough to charm the judges and even distract the TP ;)

All the best to her regardless...I’m looking forward to seeing her programs which I’ve not yet seen. I’m not sure where to put her on my predictions....Loena is looking fierce :think:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Judges have been tough on rotations this year. Are they going to decimate Satoko? Last year she got thru Skate America unscathed but the trend and new scoring system seem to be shifting away from a leniency on rotations and instead we’re seeing it in GOE. Not somewhere I’d expect her to excell. Maybe her program presentation will be enough to charm the judges and even distract the TP ;)

All the best to her regardless...I’m looking forward to seeing her programs which I’ve not yet seen. I’m not sure where to put her on my predictions....Loena is looking fierce :think:

as much as i love loena, i don't think she'll be able to beat satoko. the russians are another pair of shoes she can place above at least 2 out of 3

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Elena has definitely been struggling, so Loena will likely beat her. Polina is more of a mixed bag, but if URs are called here (and they might be, to lower Satoko's risk to Bradie) then Loena will probably go ahead of her. Sofia I wouldn't count out, though, she's new and fresh and ready to impress :) but I am biased of course :biggrin:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks to the GS forum staff for posting the music. Much of it I dont recognize, like Marin's, but I watch her FS, which I do like the music to and her interpretation, I can put a name to a tune. Some day, I can just click on a song and my computer will just play it...."Computer, please play "Invierno porteno"

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, I am a bit confused as usual. While making my SA program, I was putting in the Personal bests and see that some are very low. Kaori's SP is 49.91? This must mean under the current (2018) ISU rules???

figurefan0726

Final Flight
OK, I am a bit confused as usual. While making my SA program, I was putting in the Personal bests and see that some are very low. Kaori's SP is 49.91? This must mean under the current (2018) ISU rules???

Yeah, since the scores were completely redone.