2018 Skate America: Ladies' Pregame chat and predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America: Ladies' Pregame chat and predictions

Who will win Gold?

• Loena HENDRICKX

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Alaine CHARTRAND

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Laurine LECAVELIER

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marin HONDA

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Satoko MIYAHARA

Votes: 42 24.9%
  • Kaori SAKAMOTO

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • Elena RADIONOVA

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Sofia SAMODUROVA

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Polina TSURSKAYA

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Starr ANDREWS

• Bradie TENNELL

Votes: 88 52.1%
  • Megan WESSENBERG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Country
Russia
Ladies in order of Season Best of this season (got at Challenger Series)
1 Bradie TENNELL USA 206.41
2 Loena HENDRICKX BEL 204.16
3 Satoko MIYAHARA JPN 201.23
4 Sofia SAMODUROVA RUS 184.82
5 Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN 180.85
6 Marin HONDA JPN 178.89
7 Starr ANDREWS USA 159.76
8 Polina TSURSKAYA RUS 154.61
9 Alaine CHARTRAND CAN 150.02
10 Megan WESSENBERG USA 143.47

Laurine LECAVELIER FRA has not SB yet.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Any ideas who will replace radionova? If I remember correctly there where some russian women high up on the SB-list that didnt get spots since russia allready had maximum spots. I dont remember who it was unfotunately. Do you think it will be one of them or will they choose someone else with less potential to threaten Bradie?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Any ideas who will replace radionova? If I remember correctly there where some russian women high up on the SB-list that didnt get spots since russia allready had maximum spots. I dont remember who it was unfotunately. Do you think it will be one of them or will they choose someone else with less potential to threaten Bradie?

Nowadays quick getting US visa for a Russian national may be tricky. Sima just skated quite well but I don't know whether she has the visa.

temadd

Final Flight
On such short notice, my guess is that if they pick someone else, it will be someone who trains in US or Canada. Don't they also have the option to not fill the spot?

LKGwennire

On the Ice
Country
Brazil
Really sad for Lena's withdrawal. I wish her a quick recovery.

I'm hoping they invite someone who trains nearby asap, it's always a shame when the spot stays blank :/

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nowadays quick getting US visa for a Russian national may be tricky. Sima just skated quite well but I don't know whether she has the visa.

Her Visa should be good :pray: I’m curious who they invite. There are already too few spots for the amount of eligible Russians and I’d hate to see them lose this one. Not that I’m against anyone else taking it but there are several other events that look to be having open spots so...this might be the only chance for Sima unlike some of the others.

Wasting the spot would be a terrible :curse:

I expect Bradie and Satoko to do well here but I am really rooting for Kaori to do well too. I love the smooth flow of Kaori's skating. She reminds me of two old favorite skaters of mine, Shizuka Arakawa of Japan and Susanna Poykio of Finland. They both seemed to me to have soft knees and wonderful flow into and out of their jumps.

I am also looking forward to watching Loena and Marin in person for the first time. I also hope that Alaine Chartrand and Elena Radionova have good skates here—I have enjoyed watching them live in previous competitions and feel sad for their recent struggles.

ff topic, but is that your dog in your avatar? He looks like a champion.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Her Visa should be good :pray: I’m curious who they invite. There are already too few spots for the amount of eligible Russians and I’d hate to see them lose this one. Not that I’m against anyone else taking it but there are several other events that look to be having open spots so...this might be the only chance for Sima unlike some of the others.

Wasting the spot would be a terrible :curse:

I am with you. Number one, dont waste the spot. Give someone the international experience. NUmber 2, I would see if the Russians can cough up someone at the last minute and fast track the visa. Unfortunately, no one at the State Dept listens to me...what's wrong with those people? :confused2:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's so late that USFS has no obligation to replace Radionova. But both Lim and Craine train in the US.....

lusk8

Record Breaker
Great ladies field...Satoko, Marin, Bradie, Loena (who just had a really good skate at CS), Megan, Polina, Sofia, just to quote the ones I'm more familiar with this season. This will be interesting to watch, looking forward to it.