2018 Skate Canada Men's Short Program | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Men's Short Program

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ouch - that slam into the boards hurt (on my end of the rink). Hope Shomita is ok...Really fun men's event other than that.

yude

Record Breaker
I haven't watched all men yet but they ended very close in points! FS is going to be interesting.

Shoma was saying in K&C he was defeated by himself or something but I think interview by Japanese press will come soon. I hope he did not get injured and I believe he will skate great in FS.

I will watch videos (if someone posted) before Ladies starts :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Great event...except two of the guys I was really anticipating splatted and I wasn't ready for that. I also wasn't ready for ALL the other guys to go mostly clean and be so amazing! So, mixed feelings...but mostly I was so happy to see the good performances. Brendan, Nam, Cha, Samarin and Tomono stood out to me today. Keegan always stands out to me, so fast and engaging and huge, huge jumps. Well deserved first!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Finally watched Kazuki, and I do have to say I disagree with the PCS today. I'm terribly biased, I know, but in all honesty Junhwan deserves much better and Keegan Messing should've had the best PCS here.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I was doing dishes. When I looked over to the TV, I didn't know who was skating. And my first thought was it sure felt and looked like Jeremy Abbott. Mostly because of the music and the skater was skating up too and real strong to the music and the interpretation. He had some strong jumps like Jeremy did in the old days

perhaps that's why I liked Samarin today, though not remembering much of him earlier :rofl:

champagnerain

Final Flight
What is the PCS cap supposed to be if there is a major mistake? Some judges handed Shoma 9.25s, but for some reason I was thinking the cap was 9. Am I wrong? (Probably).

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
What is the PCS cap supposed to be if there is a major mistake? Some judges handed Shoma 9.25s, but for some reason I was thinking the cap was 9. Am I wrong? (Probably).

<9.5 in SS, TR, and CO. <9.0 for PE and IE.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
On the scores, in a system that should be rewarding clean elements and more harshly punishing flawed ones, the standings look odd. It's an almost 3-way tie for 2nd ... but it would look better if one of those cleaner programs were in second place. It's not like they were deficient in either tech or skating skills! :scratch2: JMO

Ice Diva

On the Ice
They will push Keegan Messing for gold, don't count on that lol.

The only thing is he may try for 4ltz (which he never lands) so if he bombs then the door is open, but given the margin here after the SP, he might just do 4toes.

Who's "they"?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Whatever the protocols says:

Keegan 95.05
Shoma 88.87
Cha 88.86
Alexander S. 88.06
Daniel 84.90
Alexander M. 84.64
Nam 82.22
Kzuki 81.63
Brendan 80.99
Kevin A. 78.83
Jason 76.46
Roman 67.72

rachno2

Record Breaker
+4 on that flip....?

Sorry, I shouldn’t complain so much. It’s neither Shoma’s nor his fans’ fault after all.

kimi492

Final Flight
On the scores, in a system that should be rewarding clean elements and more harshly punishing flawed ones, the standings look odd. It's an almost 3-way tie for 2nd ... but it would look better if one of those cleaner programs were in second place. It's not like they were deficient in either tech or skating skills! :scratch2: JMO

Because despite all the hooplah about the system now being fairer to skaters who go clean, it ultimately doesn't matter - judges will pick and choose their favorites.