2018 Skate Canada TV and Livestream

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Im fairly shure that eurosport is the way to go if you live in europe this time around as well

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Im fairly shure that eurosport is the way to go if you live in europe this time around as well

It's hard to tell because the listings on the Eurosport Player do not agree with the event schedule.

And for that reason, although I did make out my usual Eurosport schedule post based on the listings on the Eurosport Player website, and posted it in the TV thread in The Edge, I am not actually going to copy it into this thread this time around.

It would cause more confusion than it's worth.

CaroLiza_fan

danse

On the Ice
Practices will be live-streamed on Dailymotion but only available to those living in Canada, so it says on the channel

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
It's hard to tell because the listings on the Eurosport Player do not agree with the event schedule.

And for that reason, although I did make out my usual Eurosport schedule post based on the listings on the Eurosport Player website, and posted it in the TV thread in The Edge, I am not actually going to copy it into this thread this time around.

It would cause more confusion than it's worth.

CaroLiza_fan

Hi - I've been taking a look and I agree it's confusing but it does actually line up: all four the short programs, at the times listed in that photo I linked on TV thread to the nearest five minutes, are scheduled on the Eurosport player. What's confusing is that there are other random 'figure skating: grand prix' listings (eg at 1500 UK time on E1) that don't match up - I presume these are replays from SA, or possibly last year.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
So Thursday practices start at 8 am ET. SC says they will be streamed but no word about Daily motion. They only say thee stream is available only in Canada. apparently the stream will be on SC website click on live streaming (practices)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
After checking the schedule, it is no sleep/little sleep on Fri/Sat and Sat/Sun for me if I want to watch live everything.

RIP sleep:palmf:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anybody knows when practices start? It must be Thursday, as far as I remember SC from previous years.

I've been looking at the dreaded ISU color coded schedule in hopes of arriving on time for the men's practice tomorrow. http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/gpcan2018_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf Looks like the dance is the first up at 8 am. I'm primarily interested in the men's practices which start at 9:25 am and 3:05 pm. It's a LONG day if you go to everything. Ladies at 12:15 pm and 5:55 pm. This is easier to read and more detailed with the skating order.http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/gpcan2018_PracticeGroupsAndMusicRotation.pdf

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hi - I've been taking a look and I agree it's confusing but it does actually line up: all four the short programs, at the times listed in that photo I linked on TV thread to the nearest five minutes, are scheduled on the Eurosport player. What's confusing is that there are other random 'figure skating: grand prix' listings (eg at 1500 UK time on E1) that don't match up - I presume these are replays from SA, or possibly last year.

The listings that just say "Grand Prix" are the event highlight shows. So, the one you mentioned is a repeat of the one from Skate America (it is being shown earlier on Friday morning as well). And the one on Monday night will be the one from Skate Canada.

But, it is after Friday that things start to go awry.

So, my advice is to use the coloured time schedule and a time converter to work out what times things are supposed to be on.

Then, you can just open the Eurosport Player 5 minutes before the segment is due to start, and keep refreshing the page until a stream appears. (Somebody is bound to realise by then that it's coming on).

The easier way would be to have the ISU livestream on Eurovision Sport open. But, I don't know if that option will be available for Skate Canada or not.

CaroLiza_fan

nguyhm

On the Ice
The Olympic Channel only broadcasts the events starting on the following Monday - so awful, what good does that do :noshake:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The Olympic Channel only broadcasts the events starting on the following Monday - so awful, what good does that do :noshake:

OK, I'm confused. I have NBC Sports Gold figure skating pass and it says I can watch the events on demand or real time. So the Oly Channel doesnt broadcast in real time? So that's why I dont have cable....

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know if there will be any kind of stream to watch the practices outside of Canada?

Sabrina

Record Breaker
The streaming is on Skate Canada website, as I assumed. Yes, they started with Dance. Unfortunately it is available only in Canada, so I guess you need a VPN changer to trick the geo blocking.

And Ted Barton is commenting!:love:

Nimyue

On the Ice
The streaming is on Skate Canada website, as I assumed. Yes, they started with Dance. Unfortunately it is available only in Canada, so I guess you need a VPN changer to trick the geo blocking.

And Ted Barton is commenting!:love:

Hola for Chrome is working for me! Love Ted's commentary!