2018 Skate Canada TV and Livestream | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada TV and Livestream

aliste

Rinkside
FYI for those of you who have NBC Sports Gold, the event reminder email I just got about Skate Canada includes this:

Note: Skate Canada International will be streamed without commentary, just as if you were at the event.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
FYI for those of you who have NBC Sports Gold, the event reminder email I just got about Skate Canada includes this:

Note: Skate Canada International will be streamed without commentary, just as if you were at the event.

Thanks! I will check my email. For me, its kind of a double edged sword. I like good knowledgeable commentary (but not two yack boxes) but its also nice to appreciate good skating sans voices. Sometimes when Yuna was laying down some of the best skating the world has ever seen, the commentators would clam up till the end, which was much appreciated....
One wonders if NBC is just trying to save bucks?

melgirl25

Medalist
I just bought the NBC Gold pass and it looks like the don't stream the exhibition on Sunday.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker

You know, while this is a net positive, part of me doesn’t know how to watch skating without yelling at American commentators to shut up. It’s been a family tradition since I was a tot. I have fuzzy memories of watching skating as a very young child and my parents saying words I wasn’t meant to repeat. [emoji23]

Also, Johnny will day something insightful within each hour of coverage, which is kind of a fun game to play: “Hmm, hour has changed... does he make two lucid comments in a row or should I take the under on him saving his other braincell for late in the game?”

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Best news I heard all day!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
-deleted - comment was meant to be in the SP thread

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have to say I am very impressed with NBC Sports Gold. Excellent pic quality and no Johnny and Tara today. Just hook the HDMI from the laptop to the telly and we are off to the races. And same day event on demand. Would like louder K and C audio. Dog with green neck band loves watching skating. We all just fit on the couch.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Guys, I'm afraid that I've got some bad news.

My Dad's away this afternoon, so rather than watching the races from the final round of the World Superbike Championship in Qatar, I am taping them and catching up on last night's skating.

However, I just flicked over to check if I was taping the right channel (I made that mistake with the MotoGP qualifying last night / this morning), and made a shocking discovery:

Races have been delayed due to flooding! :jaw:

Yes, you read that correctly. Flooding in the desert! :shocked:

I just looked up the WSBK website and, at the moment, the provisional schedule is as follows:

World Supersport 600: 16:15 BST (was originally 15:30 BST)
World Superbike Race 2: 17:45 BST (was originally 17:00 BST)

The bikes are being shown on British Eurosport 2. The figure skating is being shown on British Eurosport 2. So, you know where this is going.

With SBK Race 2 starting at 17:45 BST, the race itself will not be long finished before the Pairs FS is due to start at 18:30 BST. And with it being the final race of the season, they will want to stick with the LIVE coverage until after the podium ceremony. And then Matt and the guys will be doing a round up to the season.

Basically, I can't see them joining the skating until around 19:00 BST.

Of course, this is assuming that the delay stays at being 45 minutes. It could be longer, depending on how long it takes the track to dry out.

They're currently showing a repeat of a race from earlier in the season.

Right, I'm away to watch the Pairs SP. But, I'll keep an eye on what's happening in between routines, and update you if anything changes.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After a further half-hour delay, the Supersport race is starting NOW (16:45 BST), with a reduced distance of 12 laps.

The Superbikes are still due to start at 17:45 BST. No word about whether it will be over a reduced distance.

Apparently a lot of the World Feed TV equipment has been damaged, so the coverage is going to be cut back. So, maybe there won't be coverage of the podium, and British Eurosport will get to Matt and the guys sooner. Plus, they've already been gossiping for over half an hour filling time during the delay, so they shouldn't have as much to gossip about afterwards.

So, I'm quietly hopeful that they might get to the Pairs before the first partnership starts.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My optimism was short lived.

Superbike Race 2 is now due to start at 18:05 BST.

So, even if they do reduce the race distance (I don't know if they have made any decisions on that) there's no chance of it being finished by the time the Pairs FS starts at 18:30 BST. :disapp:

I know it’s not their fault but this is so typical Eurosport. I just hope that they find a way to replay the live coverage at some point. It’s bad enough that the Ladies and Ice Dance aren’t getting commentary.

Such is life.

Actually, it is totally British Eurosport's fault. The Superbikes are being shown on Eurosport 1 on the continent, with the figure skating on Eurosport 2. So, if they had kept the Superbikes on Eurosport 1, there would be no problem.

But, no. British Eurosport had to switch the Superbikes over to Eurosport 2, and show repeats of things on Eurosport 1 instead. :bang:

So, we have every reason to be angry with them! :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

Zhafiraiha

On the Ice
Ahhh I’ve been trying to find streaming links but I can’t find anything. I guess I’ll only read your commentaries here guys.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am not sure but apparently the gala is streamed by eurovision sport and it is supposed to start in 3 hours. TSN is not showing it.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I tried a VPN changer, still no luck with eurovision (tried France and US). I get an error message. I can normally use it but nor for Skate Canada.

So any streaming link, please!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Just a note.. TSN is showing the "Thank you Canada" tour on November 24th.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I have to say I am very impressed with NBC Sports Gold. Excellent pic quality and no Johnny and Tara today. Just hook the HDMI from the laptop to the telly and we are off to the races. And same day event on demand. Would like louder K and C audio. Dog with green neck band loves watching skating. We all just fit on the couch.

Chris.. I always wanted to watch Skating with my GSD but he hated TV and music and would leave the room with a baleful glare (He especially hated Celine or Whitney). New dog, Bella (Golden Lab) sits in my lap while I watch skating and does not seem to mind if I sing along with the music. I would love to have 3 GSD! It would be like the ideal life if horses were also part of the story.