2018 Spanish Figure Skating Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Spanish Figure Skating Championships

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
14-year-old Marian Millares won Junior Ladies and will be sent to Junior Worlds. It's Spain's big talent and it will be interesting to observe how her career develops.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
In junior ice dance we have an ex singles skater Sofia Val, who decided to switch to ice dance and is now skating with Linus COLMOR JEPSEN (he's 17 and of Danish origin). Spanish Nationals are their first competition (they teamed up in October) and they did really well winning the Junior National title. Well, there was only one more duo, but they can be very satisfied with their overall performance.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Senior FD / TS:

1. Sara HURTADO / Kiril KHALIAVIN - 110.79 / 180.16
2. Olivia SMART / Adriá DÍAZ - 108.82 / 178.68

Olivia and Adria:
- according to the commentator there have been quite a lot of modification in their FD in comparison with the original program from the beginning of the season
- first set of twizzles a bit out of sync on part of Olivia, the rest very well executed

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
In junior ice dance we have an ex singles skater Sofia Val, who decided to switch to ice dance and is now skating with Linus COLMOR JEPSEN (he's 17 and of Danish origin). Spanish Nationals are their first competition (they teamed up in October) and they did really well winning the Junior National title. Well, there was only one more duo, but they can be very satisfied with their overall performance.

I saw him skate at the Copenhagen Cup in the Spring, talented boy, he won the Solo Dance event and the couples event. Very nice style. Look forward to seeing him on a bigger stage in the future. His new partner is very pretty, they're a nice match.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Senior FD / TS:

1. Sara HURTADO / Kiril KHALIAVIN - 110.79 / 180.16
2. Olivia SMART / Adriá DÍAZ - 108.82 / 178.68

Olivia and Adria:
- according to the commentator there have been quite a lot of modification in their FD in comparison with the original program from the beginning of the season
- first set of twizzles a bit out of sync on part of Olivia, the rest very well executed

Major changes, most notably the final section which they've made more upbeat, and reminiscent of Lilah & Lewis's FD. Check the closing pose! :think:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Major changes, most notably the final section which they've made more upbeat, and reminiscent of Lilah & Lewis's FD. Check the closing pose! :think:

You weren’t kidding! Though it’s the sliding movement into the pose that makes it for F/G so it not quite as effective for S/D.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm really glad that both ID teams will go to Euros. Congrat to H/K, the National Champions! :hap10:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I really like H/K’s free dance and am glad to see they won here. I’m not so keen on S/D’s free. I thought it would be a bigger margin of victory. It will be interesting to see how they place in Minsk, both teams are very close.

Does the Spanish Fed pay for both teams training? It can’t be cheap funding training in Montreal and Moscow.