2018 Tallinn Trophy Ladies Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Tallinn Trophy Ladies Short Program

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
dang, Daria :sad4:
It's so hard watching her skate now, she looks so sad, and I just want her to be happy with herself and her skate :(

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Daria Panenkova RUS: 3Lz-3T rip (good), 3F (off axis, UR?, fall), 2A tano (ok), she is fast but without expression
Score 55.83 (3 points deduction??) 6th

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Okay, now I'm kind of upset - Daria is Tsareva's only elite student who's skating internationally so how come she doesn't even have a coach with her?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Ouch. And another ouch. Her jumps are off-axis today... :(

And of course it's another tango.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Pity about the jumps and she lacks speed, but good to see Karen back! It's gonna take work and time, but I hope she keeps trucking on :luv17: 4CC or bust!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ting has a great chance to medal at her first senior International if she can keep it together. It would be a great way to go into Nationals. :agree:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ting has a great chance to medal at her first senior International if she can keep it together. It would be a great way to go into Nationals. :agree:

I was especially impressed by her upper body movement. Really uses her arms well.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Can anyone explain the 3 point deduction for Daria??? Did her music go a second over the allotted time? Take her position too late? I'm stumped.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daria may have taken too long to recover from the fall, that probably added enough time for two deductions.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Accoding to her protocol
2 pts were time violation + 1 pts for a fall = 3 pts total

Excuse me for being ignorant, but what was the time violation? Is one violation worth -2 points? Her ending music cut was borderline bizarre, but it still looked like she finished with it. Was it a time violation like what Kwan got at 2004 Worlds, where the tape player slowed the music down enough to end past the limit?
TIA!

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Could someone provide a phonetic pronounciation of Ting Cui’s name? I’ve heard it announced multiple different ways.

vitamintea

On the Ice
Excuse me for being ignorant, but what was the time violation? Is one violation worth -2 points? Her ending music cut was borderline bizarre, but it still looked like she finished with it. Was it a time violation like what Kwan got at 2004 Worlds, where the tape player slowed the music down enough to end past the limit?
TIA!

She probably took too long to take her starting pose (needs to be done in 30 seconds) and then ended late. Minus one point for each would give her -2.

vitamintea

On the Ice
Could someone provide a phonetic pronounciation of Ting Cui’s name? I’ve heard it announced multiple different ways.

T-eeng Tsway is probably how I would describe it. The "C" in Chinese has its own pronunciation where "Ts" or "Tsz" comes closest but isn't perfect. "Cui" would rhyme with "Sway."

concorde

Medalist
She probably took too long to take her starting pose (needs to be done in 30 seconds) and then ended late. Minus one point for each would give her -2.

That sounds correct since the 4th place finisher only got a 1 pt deduction for time.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Serafima's jumps are so strong now: in the past 2-3 seasons her 3-3 combos have always been unstable, last season with the question mark on the full rotation on the toe, here the 3f-3t was huge and clean. Good on the levels too, she got level 4 on both spins and stsq.