2018 US Intl Classic Men's Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 US Intl Classic Men's Free Skate

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Brezina is still competing? Ummm why? Also it seems like Vincent is a slow starter every season if he skated like he did at Nationals and the Olympic he should have run away with this competiton. 213 points should have been easy for him to beat.

Which is why we have comps.

IMO, Vincent has a history of bombing one skate and killing the next. No way it “should” have been easy for him based simply on BVs or PBs.

That said, I think he is coming back from an injury and I hope he takes it easy until he is fully recovered.:thumbsup:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yamato ROWE (PHI)

Fall on the 4S, looked <. Popped 1Lz+2T with two-foot landing. Fall on the 3F as well. Better centering on the combo spin. Not sure on the hop with the second spin, very sloppy on the levels. Almost a slip on transition jump. Another fall on the 3Lz (heavy flutz to me). Popped 1F. Popped 1Lo. Alright combo sit spin, footwork. Popped 1A.

I bet that we're going to see quite a few pops tonight with the altitude.

Free Skate: 59.80
Total Score: 109.55

I liked this program,and I think it has potential.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
That said, I think he is coming back from an injury and I hope he takes it easy until he is fully recovered.

I think it's possible he may have grown also. He missed all his jumps on his tour stop at my local Stars On Ice this summer. Sometimes that just happens when it comes to spotlights, but it wasn't too surprising to me that he struggled at the Classic. Might be all injury-related, as his recent interview implied; but it seems like he's going through a pretty tough transition at the moment regardless. I would expect it may take a while for him to be back to 100%.

Kudos to Nam here for riding out the same. Great to see him coming out the other side of a very tough transition himself. Back to tackling jumps like he knows they are within his grasp and regaining the confidence that comes with knowing your body is working for you.

Just caught up with watching the men's event from the Classic. I think we can take this particular men's competition as a sign that it is a very good thing 4CCs was moved to Anaheim.