2018 Winter Olympics Tickets | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
If someone is truly a fan, the cost won't bother them as they're paying for the experience as well :)

seabm7

Final Flight
If it is true it is quite generous to Korean public. I think in Sochi they started with 30% reserved - 20% Russian public - 50% other countries for individual events. For team event it was more lenient to the general public. That's why individual tickets were gone minutes after the sales started. And the team event was offered for a while. Well, as international quota was not used we ended up with similar 70-30: various FS tickets suddenly became available.

If only 30% of FS tickets are offered internationally chances are very slim that they will be in open sales in Russia: whatever quota we are going to have will be likely taken by officials and VIPs or companies arranging total packages. However, if good seats officially cost $700 per event I don't foresee a business for resellers. Say, 3 events for a couple plus gala is $5600 officially - kind of harsh. With resellers' markup the number of Russians who can and would like to afford these prices will be minuscule. And to fly to Korea and to sit at the very top - well, I'd rather watch on a big screen at home.

But if there are no good FS tickets available I am going to pass on Olympics.

I don't think Koreans can fill up that 70% of tickets. First, the ticket price is very expensive. Even a die-hard skating fan such as myself cannot afford it. I am thinking of buying only the ice-dance sessions. Second, Korea does not have a superstar like Yuna Kim currently, so the general public will not be so interested in figure skating tickets.

My guess is the tickets will be mostly bought by Japanese fans. For them, the travel cost to Korea is similar to visiting other cities in Japan.

Last edited:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Remember there will be Official Ticket Re-sellers, as for Vancouver and Sochi. Each re-seller will have a certain quota of tickets according to the population of the countries for each. They also offer packs for hotels, hostels and airplane tickets. I advise you to wait until there is an official anouncement, because buying with re-sellers is easier than by the Olympics web-site. I learnt it from last year

evasorange

Final Flight
Remember there will be Official Ticket Re-sellers, as for Vancouver and Sochi. Each re-seller will have a certain quota of tickets according to the population of the countries for each. They also offer packs for hotels, hostels and airplane tickets. I advise you to wait until there is an official anouncement, because buying with re-sellers is easier than by the Olympics web-site. I learnt it from last year

will they be at higher prices with re sale though? I think the US resale site is ticketmaster which doesn't fill me with a alot of hope...But would to love hear any details from your previous Olympics buying experience!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If someone is truly a fan, the cost won't bother them as they're paying for the experience as well :)

No. I absolutely HATE, HATE, HATE statements like this.

I am a true fan. I AM NOT MADE OF FREAKING MONEY. Not everyone is blessed to be rich with endless amounts of leave. Some of us have to budget carefully. I am a true fan of many things that I have never afforded to be able to do or to wear. It's like people saying the "true" fans are the ones decked out in the latest team merch...an NRL jersey in adult sizes is nearly $200. It doesn't make me any less of a fan of my team because I can't afford the $200 jersey. A fan is a fan and their fandom should not be disputed on the basis of their economic situation!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

tickets only available through registration, then lottery... i didn't win figure skating.. NOTHING... i was willing to pay several hundred dollars for it, which was the price of the LPs... but it was sold out... i went to curling... ;) 150 seems like a joke.. if you have a chance to go... just do it !

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I agree with that, I knew someone that was able to go to every West Coast Eagles game interstate for several years and found out in the end he was so up to his eyeballs in debt with interstate flights and accommodation (as we know flights from Perth to the East Coast ain't cheap most the times) it wasn't funny! Soz if I upset anyone with that true fan statement tho.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

tickets only available through registration, then lottery... i didn't win figure skating.. NOTHING... i was willing to pay several hundred dollars for it, which was the price of the LPs... but it was sold out... i went to curling... ;) 150 seems like a joke.. if you have a chance to go... just do it !

I was obsessed with curling during those games. OBSESSED.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
will they be at higher prices with re sale though? I think the US resale site is ticketmaster which doesn't fill me with a alot of hope...But would to love hear any details from your previous Olympics buying experience!

The price of the tickets is the same, no matter if you buy with a re-seller or in the Oficial Site. there can be an extra carge that is for the re-seller benefit (idk how much it can be for Figure Skating, maybe 60 or 70 US dollars).

As for the US, CoSport was the oficial reseller for the Olympics.

In my case, I had no major problems with Cartan. At January 2015, during my summer vacations, I started to search for information about the Olympics, the main reason was "It´s going to be SO good to celebrate the 50th b-day of my parents and my 18th". I searched for the ticket prices, and started to organize everything. I planned all the trip by myself during the last 2 years of high school.
After knowing that the official re-seller for us was Cartan, I contacted them to know the date of the ticket-release. it was 10 months before the Olympics. that day, I purchased 4 Athletics tickets for August 18th, to the night session (last race from Mr. Bolt). It was sold out after 30 minutes.
After this, I tried to purchase tickets for Sinchronised Swimming, Gymnastics and RG, but you need to know this: there is a quota of tickets from every discipline that varies from one country to another. Uruguay did not have tickets for those events, so I sent and "Additional Tickets Request" form that had to be approved by the Organization of Rio 2016. they told me I would have to wait until January 2016 to have the form approved.
It worked. the 9th of January I recieved the confirmation for Sinchronised Swimming. Ok, only 8 tickets left, 8 already mine. A month later, I had 2 news ( 1 good and 1 bad): I received the RG tickets, but my Request for Gymnastics was denied. they told me that I would have to purchase them in the Official Website. I logged in, but then I realised several things:
1) We wanted tickets for an especific session, the weren´t available.
2) we would only have only 4 days for sightseeing in Rio (and my lil-sister was not so fond of the sport events).
3) the only tickets available were from Cat. A (almost 300 US dollars EACH).
At the end, no Gymnastics event for us. I did not regret saying "No way" to my parents.

2 weeks before flying to Rio, I received a mail from Cartan stating that we needed to go to Cartan´s cuarters in Copacabana to have the tickets "in-hand". we did it, at 1 pm. and a temperature of 37 Celsius degrees at shadow!

I had an amazing experience, with the 3 events we attended and Thriatlon (we stayed in front of Copacabana Beach, so we saw the whole events), we went to a party after the soccer gold medal of Brazil on the 20th, right after the RG final, and visited the Hospitality houses of many countries.

so I say: official re-sellers are really useful, and also reccomend you places to stay, eat and go sightseeing, and also the best ways to move around the city.

I hope all this helps

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
CoSport? Tickets go on sale 2/9.
https://www.cosport.com/#olympics

Is this seller for international audience as well that is not listed in the countries with official resellers?
I went to Pyeongchang's website to purchase but it turns out they only sell tickets to locals right now. There are official ticket resellers though but they're only for Japan, Hongkong, China, and Singapore. *sigh

From their website:
"If you do not find an agent listed for your country, it means that your country’s National Olympic Committee has not yet finalised its arrangements to offer tickets in your country. As PyeongChang 2018’s list of agents is continually updated, please check back in future to see if an appointment has been made. PyeongChang 2018 is committed to ensuring people in all countries have the opportunity to buy tickets for the Winter Olympic Games. Please note that starting in late 2017 PyeongChang 2018 will allow spectators from all countries worldwide to buy tickets directly from our own website. "

My question is: is it possible to purchase tickets from these sellers if you're from a different country? I'd really like to get but I don't want to wait until late of 2017 because the tickets might be all gone by then.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
You can always find a travel company that is doing a hotel/ticket/airfare package to guarantee your tickets and then all the planning is done for you. Likely you spend much more $ doing that but it does save people headaches and planning time as this is a massive event.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
You can always find a travel company that is doing a hotel/ticket/airfare package to guarantee your tickets and then all the planning is done for you. Likely you spend much more $ doing that but it does save people headaches and planning time as this is a massive event.

As of the moment, I haven't found any travel agency in our country that offers that. So I'm looking for an international seller and just plan everything else on my own. :) I fear the tickets would sell out fast.

DaPurpleDino

Final Flight
Do you guys think New Zealand will even get tickets allocated for figure skating? I've been wanting to go for a couple of years now but I didnt realise so little of the tickets were allocated internationally :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is this seller for international audience as well that is not listed in the countries with official resellers?
I went to Pyeongchang's website to purchase but it turns out they only sell tickets to locals right now. There are official ticket resellers though but they're only for Japan, Hongkong, China, and Singapore. *sigh

From their website:
"If you do not find an agent listed for your country, it means that your country’s National Olympic Committee has not yet finalised its arrangements to offer tickets in your country. As PyeongChang 2018’s list of agents is continually updated, please check back in future to see if an appointment has been made. PyeongChang 2018 is committed to ensuring people in all countries have the opportunity to buy tickets for the Winter Olympic Games. Please note that starting in late 2017 PyeongChang 2018 will allow spectators from all countries worldwide to buy tickets directly from our own website. "

My question is: is it possible to purchase tickets from these sellers if you're from a different country? I'd really like to get but I don't want to wait until late of 2017 because the tickets might be all gone by then.

What country are you from? CoSport is the official reseller for many countries just look on their site and see if yours is listed.

Acirelk

Rinkside
Do you think that I will be able to resell my ticket later in case I can't come? I am planning to go on exchange to Korea next year, but I'm not sure when I find out if I'm accepted. And I'm already panicking that all tickets for men's free will be sold out by the time I know the answer..