2018 Winter Olympics Tickets | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2018 Winter Olympics Tickets

seabm7

Final Flight
Thanks for calling seabm7! I was wondering how I could call them from overseas without having to call long distance. I do wonder if this decision means they don't expect a the trains to be fully booked within the first day of open reservation.

My interpretation is that they will put aside a portion of train tickets for the Pyeongchang pass holders.

ETD: Of course this is just a speculation.

seabm7

Final Flight
As of January 17, 6:40 AM, Seoul Metropolitan-Gangneung KTX tickets are still available except the ones departing from Seoul Station during the Men's single days.

ETD: There is a rumor that the shuttle T22 between the Gangneung KTX station and the Olympic park is just for people with mobility problems. According to this rumor, other people should walk to the Arena. So I changed my reservation to the earlier ones departing from Sangbong Station at 7:05, which arrives in Gangneung at 8:39 AM.

ETD2: I made a phone call to the Pyeongchang organizers. It's confirmed. T22 is not for general public.

evasorange

Final Flight
As of January 17, 6:40 AM, Seoul Metropolitan-Gangneung KTX tickets are still available except the ones departing from Seoul Station during the Men's single days. I reserved the tickets departing from Cheongnyangni Station at 7:40 AM. The train arrives in Gangneung at 9:18 AM. I may miss a few skaters in the beginning, but that's it.

Foreigners still can't buy until 4pm Korean time today right?

seabm7

Final Flight
Ok I thought so cool thank you! Although I will be leaving from Seoul Station....I sure hope they have some set aside for foreigners....:shocked:

Cheongnyangni Station is near to Seoul Station, about 20 min by subway. So you can consider this option.

evasorange

Final Flight
Cheongnyangni Station is near to Seoul Station, about 20 min by subway. So you can consider this option.

Thank you so much I will! It's gonna be 1am my time when it opens up for foreigners:eeking: I'm gonna try and reserve as fast as I can lol

seabm7

Final Flight
No Shuttle between Gangneung Station and Gangneung Ice Arena

T22 is only for the people with mobility problems. General public is supposed to walk to the arena. I called the organizers Today and asked about the shuttle. They are going to fix the information on T22 at the Korean webpage.

There is also the security check when you arrive at the Olympic Park. I guess it will take at least an hour from the Station to the Ice Arena entrace.

evasorange

Final Flight

T22 is only for the people with mobility problems. General public is supposed to walk to the arena. I called the organizers Today and asked about the shuttle. They are going to fix the information on T22 at the Korean webpage.

There is also the security check when you arrive at the Olympic Park. I guess it will take at least an hour from the Station to the Ice Arena entrace.

This just seems like poor planning....How far exactly is the station from the arena? The day of the gala the earliest seats available to reserve get us to Gangneung a little over a half hour before it starts! omg

Danibellerika

Medalist
Thank goodness we booked our hotels the night before all of the events because they start in the morning. We weren't trying to take any chances.

seabm7

Final Flight
This just seems like poor planning....How far exactly is the station from the arena? The day of the gala the earliest seats available to reserve get us to Gangneung a little over a half hour before it starts! omg

From the KTX station to the Southern end of the Olympic Park is about 1.6 km. The Ice Arena is at the Nothern end.

ETD: 2km is to the center of the Park. More likely 1.6 km to the Southern end.

evasorange

Final Flight
From the KTX station to the Southern end of the Olympic Park is about 2km. The Ice Arean is at the Nothern end.

ohhhh mannn lol this kind of sucks! well at least I know I won't be the only one in this boat. Seriously though thank you so so much for all of you info! You are seriously a life saver for those of us planning this trip!! <3

katonice

On the Ice

I remember though when they sold event tickets during the early booking period, back in May/June, they said anyone who bought tickets then would be entitled to free shuttle bus rides. I would have to look for this again in their website, but I distinctly remember having read this on their ticketing website at that time. I guess this is not being honored anymore?

lavenderlush

Rinkside
I remember though when they sold event tickets during the early booking period, back in May/June, they said anyone who bought tickets then would be entitled to free shuttle bus rides. I would have to look for this again in their website, but I distinctly remember having read this on their ticketing website at that time. I guess this is not being honored anymore?

I found the information here: https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/spectator-guide/infrastructure

Spectator Shuttle Bus Information

The Spectator Shuttle Bus is a system that connects transportation from Jinbu, Hoenggye and North Gangneung Transportation Malls to Venues, transportation hubs and parking lots.

- Ticket holders may use spectator shuttle buses free of charge on the same day of the event.

- From one day before the Opening Ceremony to one day after the Closing Ceremony, the shuttle buses will start operating three hours before the first sports event of the day and continue until two hours after the last sports event of the day.

Edit: Found this too: https://twitter.com/derpyeon/status/953460148495843328

seabm7

Final Flight
Yes, it seems like the early trains are sold out for Feb 15-17, and the website is crashing due to too many users... :drama:

As of January 17, 16:14 pm, the trains leaving from Sangbong Station are still available: No. 873 and 875.

seabm7

Final Flight
How do you get to Sangbong station from Seoul station? Thanks!

From Seoul Station, you take either taxi or subway to go to Sangbong Station.

* By taxi, it will take 50 minutes at 20,000 Korean Won (~ 18 USD). The price and duration is an estimation by Naver.

* By subway, it is supposed to take about an hour. But there could be delay, since the subway trains loose priority to the KTX trains at the Gyeongui-Jungang line. ETD) I found the following info from Naver:

1) Take Subway Line 1 at Seoul Station.
2) Then get off at Hoegi Station and go over to the Gyeongui-Jungang line. This means you have to change the platform. The Gyeongui-Jungang line belongs to the Seoul Metropolitan Subway System, but the trains are using tracks over the ground. The trains come frequently, but this line is notorious of delays since the tracks are shared by all kinds of trains including KTX trains.
3) Get off at Sangbong Station. I heard they built a temporary platform for KTX trains somewhere here. But this platform is several hudred meters from the other ones, so you have to walk for a while.

* Here is a reference for the Seoul Metropolitan Subway System:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul_Metropolitan_Subway

Paval

Spectator
Thank you for the Sangbong tip!! I was stressed thinking how am I going to get there haha, I got the earliest train possible, I am terrified of being late.