2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Canadian Figure Skating

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
It's not really a question of adding. That was supposed to be a triple-triple, she just landed iffily on the first jump and so didn't try for the triple.

Alison does have a tendency to UR her 3/3, so I am happy she played it safe and can try it in the LP. I have never seen her so happy in the KnC. :)

Kaiya, it was just 1 jump and it happens but nothing can take away from THIS season. She should be so proud of her growth, consistency, accomplishments and her remarkable skating!

nadster

Final Flight
Alison has consistently gone for th3 3F-3T this season upgrading from the 3S-3T she tried last season. She almost always gets a UR on the 3T.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
in the LP... she could just do 2a-3t and earn the same points... i don't recall her planned content but it's really in the SP that it is costly for her

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Rough outing for the Canadian men (and the men other than Mozalev, Gumennik, and Naumov, in general), but we eked out that second spot by under two points.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
on a side note. Jo needs a better sports psychologist. He has everything for him but the ability of doing 2 good programs back to back... when he messes up the SP he fights back in the LP... when he does well in the SP, he chokes in his LP... i adore Jo... but i hope that his talent doesn't get wasted by a toxic approach/environment. He needs to remain calm and humble and focus on his training... not thinking ahead or about potential results.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So the US keeps 3 spots for JW 21 and Canada keeps 2 spots. What about the JGP?
The US loses 2 spots in every event, since the US is the 4th nation in placement (needed to be 3rd to keep 2 spots per event). Canada is 8th nation in placement.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Seems like Stephen's boots broke during his FS and he injured himself. Raf went to the Edea stand at JWC with Stephen's boots and talked with the staff there
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9ZqvhJIHus/?igshid=19whxtaud41dz
https://twitter.com/goldenskate/status/1235984406097125377?s=19

Oh my. I thought it was his new body length (after the growth spurt) speaking up. It was unexpected after his success at Bavarian Open, but I didn't think there was a boot problem. I hope he's okay, and I'm sure he will be back next season.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's better for the Canadanes to not skate at Worlds if doing so impedes the healing process.They probably wouldn't have been in the best competitive shape anyway.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Both Joe and Conrad imo, have regressed since joining TCC. Perhaps a venue change may be best for both skaters.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Both Joe and Conrad imo, have regressed since joining TCC. Perhaps a venue change may be best for both skaters.

they regressed in their ability to nail good skates...

conrad improved technically and on spins..

they both got better choreography..

but yes... the big pond is not always good for the small fishies