Change Foot Combination Spin
Step Sequence
Double Axel+Triple Toeloop+Double Toeloop
Triple Lutz+Double Toeloop
Triple Salchow
Choreo Sequence
Fly. Change Foot Comb. Spin
Layback Spin

This was her planned content, you can find it alongside what she actually did on the results page under the plus icon. I think she should be able to get it but they definitely need to focus more on fitness and stamina for the free.

I didn't word my previous comment properly. I did see her planned content, but that's just what's written on a sheet of paper that gets submitted. What I meant was, at the point when she was actually skating her program, I wondered if she went into that lutz and salchow purposefully planning to double at that point, based on how well those jumps were executed.

I think the biggest challenge will be top 4 at regionals, and not so much the 75 technical score. She got about 62 here and there are so many areas where she can collect points without needing big 3-3 combos: a 3F in the short, doubling her axels, tripling the sal, higher spin levels, adding in some +2T or +2Lp to get combos,...

macy

Record Breaker
She is Gracie Gold! She can do it. Have some faith. She is building.

I have a lot of faith in her, just trying to be realistic at the same time ;)

Bradie is a whole new skater from 2 years ago. She looks so mature and her emoting has gotten so much better even from last season. I think this was a decent outing since she was injured, she has a lot to build on and a lot of potential.

It was nice to see Mirai back out there. I'm not sure if shes contemplating a comeback or just did this for funsies, but she also has a good foundation to do so. I could tell she ran out of gas towards the end (I laughed with her at the improvised ending :laugh:)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So so proud of gracie for making it to sectionals! The first 3 jumps in her long looked really nice IMO. I think the biggest things she needs to work on in the next month or so are stamina and consistency, she will need both to make it to nationals. I just hope she is also staying realistic about not making it to nationals as well, it is quite a possibility, and I hope that doesnt discourage her if that happens. I really think she can make it far if she keeps working hard as she has.

Agreed! I think it’s great that she was actually able to get through the entire program today as well as she did, even if she had to double a few jumps to do so. This was her first full competition in 3 years, and unlike anyone else there, she had the added pressures of being a former national champion and knowing that many people were there just to see her. She’s still a work in progress, but I think the grit and determination she showed today bodes well for her. Hopefully in the next month she can build on what she learned here and improve her stamina and consistency.

Looking forward to seeing her again!

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Impressed with bradie today, she’s really matured and is a lot more expressive. The French braid hairstyle has got to go. Love the simple and classic look of the dress though

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Re South Atlantic regionals:

Emily Zhang posted some group photos including lots of skaters (such as Julia Biechler, Nicholas Hsieh, Peter Liu).
Emily's first two photos are of today's Senior Ladies podium :bow::

Fun fact: Thanks to Emily's photos, I was able to put a face to the name of Cailey Weaver, who placed fourth … and then recognized Cailey as the skater-actress who had a featured role in the dramatized PSAs from the USFS We Get Up campaign a couple of years ago. (Her male counterpart was TJ Nyman, who was the skater-actor with a featured role.)

Shani

On the Ice
Kudos to Gracie today. Thank you for being the bravest skater I see to return to the ice and begin your return.

haribobo

On the Ice
Alysa Liu 214 Broadmoor (208.10 @ JGP)
Mariah Bell (204 Nebelhorn)
M Amber Glenn (186.28 @ US Intl) 170 Skate Detroit
Karen Chen 182 Philadelphia (173.66 @ Autumn Classic)
Hanna Harrell 182 Cannon Texas (160.50 @ JGP)
Starr Andrews (181.18 @ Lombardia) 150 LA Open
E Audrey Shin 180 Golden West (143.29 @ JGP)
E Emily Zhang 178 South Atlantic Regionals
Ting Cui (177.47 @ US Intl)
Gabriella Izzo 169 Lake Placid (160.94 @ JGP)
E Rena Ikenishi 164 Moran Memorial
M Pooja Kalyan 164 Greater Chicagoland
E Sarah Jung 162 Philadelphia
E Jill Heiner 158 South Atlantic Regionals
P Alex Evans 156 Pasadena Open
M Alyssa Rich 151 Broadmoor (SP&QFS)
E Heidi Munger 149 Collegiate
M Paige Rydberg 149 Southwest Florida Fall Classic
P Emilia Murdock 146 Glacier Falls (148.95 @ JGP)
E Julia Biechler 146 Wilmington
M Maxine Marie Bautista 146 Greater Chicagoland
M Stephanie Ciarochi 146 Skate Houston
P Caitlin Ha 145 Glacier Falls
P Sierra Venetta 145 Skate San Francisco
P Lily Sun 144 Skate St Moritz
M Akane Eguchi 142 Skate Detroit
E Megan Wessenberg 142 Glacier Falls (135.72 @ Lombardia)
P Brynne McIsaac 141 Broadmoor
P Akari Nakahara 140 LA Open
E Gracie Gold 135 South Atlantic Regionals
E Cailey Weaver 131 South Atlantic Regionals

Current East ranking- Shin, Zhang, Ikenishi, Jung, Heiner, Munger, Biechler, Wessenberg, Gold, Weaver

Current Mids ranking- Glenn (might get bye to Nationals?), Kalyan, Rich, Rydberg, Bautista, Ciarochi, Eguchi

Current Pacs ranking- Evans, Murdock, Ha, Venetta, Sun, McIsaac, Nakahara

FYI the min total TES score (for this season) of 75 for senior ladies was reached by all ladies at Nationals who scored over 150...so that gives you an idea of about where the cutoff is...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How many skaters have actually comeback successfully after a large amount of time away? It takes a lot of work to get everything back, but I feel like if she keeps making progress Gracie has a good chance of being able to do it. It's not like the US is that competitive right now. Sure we have Alysa but other than Alysa the US is currently not a dominate or competitive force in the women's discipline.

Deanna Stellato is one, but that’s in pairs, which have to be much easier than ladies singles.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I think I’m confused. Hasn’t she had about a year to get her stamina?

I think it has taken a year to get her triples back. Stamina will be the next step as she begins to train programs instead of jumps in isolation.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even if she qualify for sectionals, she might not make nationals because her technical score both short and long combined is not 75

Do you think that’s likely? I really hate that minimum score. In my opinion..if they make it through sectionals..they should get to go to Nationals. I’m a the more the merrier sort of person.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Deanna Stellato is one, but that’s in pairs, which have to be much easier than ladies singles.

OT, and not to denigrate what Gracie is doing, but pairs is usually considered the hardest discipline. And Deanna came back after 16 years.

Re Gracie’s stamina, she’s pretty much got to be able to sustain something close to her maximum heart rate for 4 minutes. You can’t train for that by doing anything other than running your program. I do wonder how many run throughs she had before yesterday.

Regarding the minimum TES, there is a very real possibility she won’t meet it. She’s fully capable of exceeding it and would not have to be close to her old form to do so. But she needs to improve quite a bit in the next 4-5 weeks. I think she can do it, but it depends on her training.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OT, and not to denigrate what Gracie is doing, but pairs is usually considered the hardest discipline. And Deanna came back after 16 years.

Re Gracie’s stamina, she’s pretty much got to be able to sustain something close to her maximum heart rate for 4 minutes. You can’t train for that by doing anything other than running your program. I do wonder how many run throughs she had before yesterday.

Regarding the minimum TES, there is a very real possibility she won’t meet it. She’s fully capable of exceeding it and would not have to be close to her old form to do so. But she needs to improve quite a bit in the next 4-5 weeks. I think she can do it, but it depends on her training.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant there are fewer pairs and when she came back, forgive me if I’m wrong, but there was no minimum TES. I wouldn’t be surprised if a pair made it to Nationals without much competition. Like there were 3 or 4 men at the regionals Gracie skated in. There were 19ish ladies. Going back to Gracie, I’m really worried about that TES. Are there any other competitions she could skate in before Nationals to get that score? I know we are all happy for her, but I’m not sure she was. She didn’t do all that work to come in 3rd place at Regionals.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it has taken a year to get her triples back. Stamina will be the next step as she begins to train programs instead of jumps in isolation.

Ok, so she has a little time to do it. She is amazing! I could not attend but a friend was kind enough to give her flowers on my behalf.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States

I was thinking the same thing; not much time. I'm sorry to dissent but she does not look good at this point. I really hope that stamina issue can be resolved as I would love her to be able to meet the minimum and make it to Nats.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Sorry, I was unclear. I meant there are fewer pairs and when she came back, forgive me if I’m wrong, but there was no minimum TES. I wouldn’t be surprised if a pair made it to Nationals without much competition. Like there were 3 or 4 men at the regionals Gracie skated in. There were 19ish ladies. Going back to Gracie, I’m really worried about that TES. Are there any other competitions she could skate in before Nationals to get that score? I know we are all happy for her, but I’m not sure she was. She didn’t do all that work to come in 3rd place at Regionals.

Ah okay thanks for clarifying!

The answer is no, there are no more competitions before sectionals where she can get the TES - but the good news is, she can get it at sectionals. There were quite a few competitions earlier this summer where she could have earned it, but she may not have felt ready.

If she doesn’t make it this year, it’s not the end of the world. She still has time. To be honest, whatever happens this year, I would like to see her with a different coach next year - one who focuses less on Instagram and more on fundamentals- but I’m not sure that’s a realistic option.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Probably deliberately chosen to limit spectators.

If so it didn’t work too well. I’m told it was standing room only. As opposed to when Karen Chen skated in a competition for awhile (a year? I can’t remember) and there were maybe 30 people there

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah okay thanks for clarifying!

The answer is no, there are no more competitions before sectionals where she can get the TES - but the good news is, she can get it at sectionals. There were quite a few competitions earlier this summer where she could have earned it, but she may not have felt ready.

If she doesn’t make it this year, it’s not the end of the world. She still has time. To be honest, whatever happens this year, I would like to see her with a different coach next year - one who focuses less on Instagram and more on fundamentals- but I’m not sure that’s a realistic option.

Yes, I do realize she can make it at Sectionals; I’m just worried that she won’t. . In my opinion (which could easily be wrong) he is the perfect coach for her, regardless of her placements at competitions. He brought her back (well, I’m sure not him alone) from what seemed to be a pretty bad eating disorder and depression. That’s her real triumph, regardless of whether she ever steps foot onto Nationals ice ever again. Having said that, I really hope she does.