2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 147 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Who is Karen Chen’s dress designer? Her sp costume is beautiful!

I’d like for Karen to hold on to the 3rd position, but I don’t think it’s possible. She is doing triple-doubles and seems to be struggling atm.

frida80

Record Breaker
Who is Karen Chen’s dress designer? Her sp costume is beautiful!

I’d like for Karen to hold on to the 3rd position, but I don’t think it’s possible. She is doing triple-doubles and seems to be struggling atm.
I think she said her mom made that dress. But I could be wrong.

waltzjump2

Rinkside
Karen’s FS cannot be what she wanted, but it was amazing to see her smile after the short. Also Bradie’s in the final for certain.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Karen’s FS cannot be what she wanted, but it was amazing to see her smile after the short. Also Bradie’s in the final for certain.

I'm sad for Karen yet, I'm thrilled that Bradie will skate in the GPF. Even if she doesn't beat any of the Russian Ladies, she'll have a good idea of where she stands and what she may need to improve on before Worlds should she make the team. She's had a great season.

Shani

On the Ice
Based on this weeks results, good probability this year top 5 at nationals will be Liu, Gold, Tennell, Bell and Glenn in no particular order.

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Based on this weeks results, good probability this year top 5 at nationals will be Liu, Gold, Tennell, Bell and Glenn in no particular order.

Not sure I agree that Gold will be in the top 5, however if I was her I would be super motivated to train hard these next two months as there is a lot of inconsistency after the top 3 or 4. I hope it’s motivating for her.

Silver Ice

On the Ice
Yay for Bradie making the GPF. I know it’s almost definite she won’t medal, but it’s just so awesome that she gets to go. I love both her programs this year.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Not sure I agree that Gold will be in the top 5, however if I was her I would be super motivated to train hard these next two months as there is a lot of inconsistency after the top 3 or 4. I hope it’s motivating for her.

I agree. I believe the skater who beat Gracie at Regionals and Sectionals did 3-3's in all four programs, so Gracie needs to get those back before she can really compete for a top 5 finish.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
According to TSL she fired Vincent and told him not to come to sectionals. She is still at same rink working with these two guys, Alex and Pasha to prepare for Nationals:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B49OGSTHc-0/?igshid=uzprqh1m900f

Apparently Vincent is no longer at the rink but is in California, unclear what is going on with him. Also Gracie is no longer with IMG, she is with Tara Modlin, who is Rohene Ward’s agent - causing TSL to hope / speculate that he will do choreography for Gracie next year.

OMG I would die to see Gracie with Rohene programs!

skatenewbie

Medalist
If this true i wonder what happened?🤔 They are still following each other in IG and Vincent post about Gracie like 2 weeks ago. I kind of think weird when Gracie posted her sectional medal with her coaches and no Vincent. He also posted Lara medalling but not Gracie

crazydreamer

On the Ice
Anything recent re Alysa? It’s been a while since I heard anything about her, just wondering if her conditioning has been maintained and she is ready for JGPF

mrrice

Record Breaker
I agree. I believe the skater who beat Gracie at Regionals and Sectionals did 3-3's in all four programs, so Gracie needs to get those back before she can really compete for a top 5 finish.

Exactly, I believe I saw her do a Lutz-Toe in a practice but, she never did one in her competitions. I think she'll be around 8th if she skates well and I would be very happy.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
According to TSL she fired Vincent and told him not to come to sectionals. She is still at same rink working with these two guys, Alex and Pasha to prepare for Nationals:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B49OGSTHc-0/?igshid=uzprqh1m900f

Apparently Vincent is no longer at the rink but is in California, unclear what is going on with him. Also Gracie is no longer with IMG, she is with Tara Modlin, who is Rohene Ward’s agent - causing TSL to hope / speculate that he will do choreography for Gracie next year.

OMG I would die to see Gracie with Rohene programs!

All I can say is: good.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
While 6th & 7th are definitely attainable, I hope that they do not succumb to the pressure of needing to secure 3 spots for the US. So long as they skate cleanly, they're looking strong enough this season to make a meaningful splash!

It's more than likely that the top 4 spots will be contested among the new Russian stars and Rika.

Looking through the current SB list, Young You claims 5th (among those likely to be sent to Worlds), with Bradie and Mariah claiming 6th and 7th respectively. Young has higher scoring potential, but relies heavily on landing the 3A to garner judge boosting. For now, I wouldn't count her as a safe bet just yet. Eunsoo/Yelim have not been as consistent this season, so I will rule them out for now. Elizabet is a big question mark, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her make a splash again with a few months of preparation. Satoko is being crushed under the weight of her own underrotations. If absolutely clean, PCS can possibly her above Mariah but Bradie's technical advantage should keep her ahead. Kaori is the main spoiler, with her late season peaking and judge favoring. Again, I think Bradie has a shot at challenging a full-powered Kaori, but Mariah's technical side may be just a smudge lacking.

Regardless, this season is still exciting for the American ladies as they are finally climbing back up to the top. I think it is far too premature to pronounce that Alysa will be taking a spot in 2022 - she has yet to even skate at a major junior competition, and 3 years of growth or new stars could happen. I would hold off on that until at least after this season! However, it would be imperative that the American ladies claim back 3 spots for the Olympics, so 2021 Worlds will be a tough watch.

I have a lot of confidence in Mariah and Bradie. The easily could earn three spots for the US. Bradie could even win a world medal if some skaters falter wich is possible at least one Russian lady crashing and a Japanese lady or two can be beaten. The only issue is if the second American ie mariah or whoever loses to the two Koreans, Lilbet, and all three Russians and Japanese ( do the Japanese have 2 or 3 ladies?) then there is trouble.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Exactly, I believe I saw her do a Lutz-Toe in a practice but, she never did one in her competitions. I think she'll be around 8th if she skates well and I would be very happy.

If she is happy with her performance, I will be happy regardless of her placement. I am still on a high seeing her smile after a 3rd place Sectionals finish. Contrast that with the way she felt after coming in 4th in Worlds.