2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Men Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2019 Canadian Nationals Senior Men Free Skate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I’m talking about 4CC. Where we get to send 3 men and Nic will be the third who finished behind Conrad and Jo, both of whom are eligible but Canada never sent them to get their minimums.

I thought it was Conrad's intention to only go to juniorworlds. Either way Canada is developing younger male skaters.I mean Nic isn't very old and for that matter neither is Nam.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Watched the men's free final live (not geoblocked, nice!) with Ted Barton's commentary. Only to find that the final six skaters wouldn't be streamed live.

One phrase struck me from the commentary: "the guys all skated like dudes" or something like that. And indeed, the skater's programs were masculine, powerful, and so was most of their music.
I think this is the right image to portray when it comes to building a strong male program that attracts lots of young boys wanting to skate "in figures" instead of chasing after a puck.

Now, the live streaming archives (https://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x68vq3) only seem to have French commentary. While my French is good enough to understand the basics, I prefer Ted Barton's commentary. Is there an alternative source?

Oops, my bad. The site is bilingual, Ted Barton commented videos are also listed.