2019 Challenge Cup | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2019 Challenge Cup

P44

On the Ice
She had a phantom UR call in the short program. (I watched the combo in slow-mo and it was completely clean) I am not someone who believes in conspiracy theories normally. But, it does it seem like the judges / technical controller were united in their dislike of Rika. Her jumps were solid. What did they call UR?

I totally agree. I'm waiting for protocols but it's a pity

discode

Final Flight
Rika got lowballed. Seems unreasonable she "only" won by 20 points. :think: Wakaba ended up with the highest PCS of the day, not that I mind that.

champs

Final Flight
Someone please cure Amber's headcase problem. She's so talented she can't just keep skating like this.

frida80

Record Breaker
What a nice end to the season for Wakaba and Starr. Both on the podium after switching back to their previous season FS. I’m still gutted that Wakaba has those pops, but now she can focus on recovery.

Country
Norway
She had a phantom UR call in the short program. (I watched the combo in slow-mo and it was completely clean) I am not someone who believes in conspiracy theories normally. But, it does it seem like the judges / technical controller were united in their dislike of Rika. Her jumps were solid. What did they call UR?

I don´t know, the only thing that was quwstionable was the lading in the 3A, but everything else was so solid it should get positive GOES a long way. We just have to wait for the judges sheets allright. I normally also don´t believe that judges are biased, but this seems strange. First the SP, I was skeptic but ok, but this program is so marvelous.

P44

On the Ice
Someone please cure Amber's headcase problem. She's so talented she can't just keep skating like this.

She was ahead and in view of the score of Wakaba she had a certain margin here. Such a shame for her

frida80

Record Breaker

She’s way better than the start of her season where she got a 68.25 in her FS at Philly Intl. Being in first for the first time in her senior career was bound to do her in.

Country
Norway
Does anyone know what is the background song playing now?

I think her spot was already named. But you may have a point, I don't recall where she earned the SP minimum?

You mean if McKay got it? Because obvious Robertson had the score by good margin yesterday. Not sure with Mckay though, but I guess she has it, maybe from last season? I´m sure with Karlys current form she could place a lot higher, and actually qualify for the FS, i´m not sure about McKay. She is though more experienced, and probably has a better PCS, so maybe that´s way they send her?

frida80

Record Breaker
JUst an < on a 2lo for Rika. Still doesn’t explain this ridiculous PCS scores.

Whatever, I’m just glad her finger is better. Kick butt at Worlds, Rika!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
UR double loop? I don't remember that! J4 + J3 really weren't her fans today...

You mean if McKay got it? Because obvious Robertson had the score by good margin yesterday. Not sure with Mckay though, but I guess she has it, maybe from last season? I´m sure with Karlys current form she could place a lot higher, and actually qualify for the FS, i´m not sure about McKay. She is though more experienced, and probably has a better PCS, so maybe that´s way they send her?

Yes, maybe from last season as I think they have stayed the same. Natasha is the current national champion, but I believe their PCS scores could be similar.

Country
Norway
JUst an < on a 2lo for Rika. Still doesn’t explain this ridiculous PCS scores.

Whatever, I’m just glad her finger is better. Kick butt at Worlds, Rika!

Maybe they set the PCS so low because she´s new in senior competetions. They shouldn´t, but it seems strange. I also hope she get´s better scores in worlds.

Country
Norway
Jackie Wong on Twitter is also shocked by the scores.
"Protocols out - the only under they called was on the 2Lo; generally middling GOEs overall with most of her jumps, never mind the fact that she takes speed in and rides out strongly on them". That was on point, I also find the Goes are way to modest.

readernick

Medalist
Maybe they set the PCS so low because she´s new in senior competetions. They shouldn´t, but it seems strange. I also hope she get´s better scores in worlds.

Her GOE was low, too. She has speed into and out of jumps and transitions into jumps. She deserves higher GOE and higher PCS but this competition doesn't matter she just needed the ranking points so she can be in the final group at worlds. She got them.