2020-21 ISU Grand Prix season - Assignments Announced | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2020-21 ISU Grand Prix season - Assignments Announced

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How does one get access to PEACOCK? I have DirecTV, and there's no "Peacock" listed. Will I be able to get online access?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Skate Canada on the line?
"There will be prohibition on indoor sporting games"

My guess is that they've contemplated what would happen if they need to move it, since without an audience these events don't really require much setup. But we'll hear about it shortly, one way or another, one imagines.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm not sure people from safer part of the country should be heading into Ottawa right now. If I were in B.C. or really anywhere other than Quebec I would stay the heck out of my home town.

BTW.. I live right on the Quebec border and the bridges over to Quebec are being patrolled and you are only allowed to travel in if you live or work there. No casual travel.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
How does one get access to PEACOCK? I have DirecTV, and there's no "Peacock" listed. Will I be able to get online access?
I did a search and they may be picking it up. This Peacock is a big money gamble
"NBCUniversal estimates it will hit break even on Peacock by the end of 2024 after a cumulative $2 billion investment. It expects to have 30 million-35 million “active accounts” over the same time frame. Comcast projects it will realize about $6-$7 of revenue per user (from advertising and subscriptions) by 2024, translating to about $2.5 billion in revenue. Peacock is set to launch on April 15 as a bundled option for Comcast subscribers, and on July 15 to the broader market. " https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/peacock-nbcuniversal-steve-burke-1203470312/

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I would add that Peacock MAY be a glimpse into the future. Do YOU like commercials? No one likes commercials. This could be the start of the end of commericals. What if ABC and CBS have their own peacocks? Then they combine them. One fee, and its all commerical free. With a few exceptions like the Superbowl.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So... this Peacock is like Kayo in Australia? They show ads during preshow and halftimes and postshows, but whatever sport they're showing, the actual competitive part is ad-break free (all forms of racing, lights-to-flag, football, each half).

haribobo

On the Ice
Possible alternates list, based on top FS score this season-

RUS Men- Artem Kovalev 171, Evgeny Semenenko 163, Alexei Erokhov 147

RUS Ladies- Valeria Shulskaya 130, Stanislava Konstantinova 129, Maria Talalykina 118

JPN Men- Sumishi Moriguchi 126, Ryuju Hino 124, Hiroaki Sato 119

JPN Ladies- Rika Hongo 115, Yuka Nagai 110, Nonoka Noguchi 110

USA Men- Ryan Dunk 130, Jordan Moeller 128, Dinh Tran 125

USA Ladies- Finley Hawk 111, Sierra Venetta 106, Violeta Ushakova 102

Top 5 Unassigned by SB- Men
34 Paul FENTZ GER 45 WS (train in GER)
37 Artem KOVALEV RUS 70 WS (train in RUS)
38 Aleksandr SELEVKO EST 30 WS (train in EST)
39 Ivan SHMURATKO UKR 42 WS (train in UKR)
44 Egor MURASHOV RUS 68 WS (train in RUS)

Top 5 Unassigned By SB- Ladies
7 Young YOU KOR 12 WS (training location?)
11 Kseniia SINITSYNA RUS (train in RUS)
17 Haein LEE KOR 29 WS (train in KOR)
19 Yelim KIM KOR 16 WS (train in KOR)
22 Eunsoo LIM KOR 9 WS (train in KOR)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Thank you for the list!
If someone cannot attend GP Japan, I'll be hoping so much for Rika H and Ryuju to be able to participate in their place. This season, or the next at latest, is their last as they are planning to retire soon. They have been around for so long, I'd love for them to show their skills on GP circuit one last time. :pray: Hiroaki has already retired though, and he coaches (for Hamada I think?). He participated in Japan Open as an already retired skater.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States

www.peacocktv.com - go here, and sign up, you have to pay for one of the premium options in order to get the sports options. There are apps that can also be downloaded.

~~~~~~~~

Updates:

Kate Wang and Isabelle Inthisone out of Skate America. Sierra Venetta and Finley Hawk replace them.
Phillip Warren out of IDF, and replaced by Landry Le May.

Last edited:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
www.peacocktv.com - go here, and sign up, you have to pay for one of the premium options in order to get the sports options. There are apps that can also be downloaded.

~~~~~~~~

Updates:

Kate Wang and Isabelle Inthisone out of Skate America. Sierra Venetta and Finley Hawk replace them.
Phillip Warren out of IDF, and replaced by Landry Le May.
So sad for Kate Wang.

Landry LeMay did well at the French Masters.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I just downloaded the app (for iPad) & did some browsing around. Some of the content can be watched for free (you need to supply an email), but live-streaming of the skating will be on Peacock Premium, which requires a subscription. It looked like the skating subscription can be accessed for $4.99 a month (without buying any other option) & there’s even a free 1-week trial! So i plan to sign up right before Skate America (getting the whole thing free!), then subscribe if i like the service. It’s nice to not have to pay for a whole year at once, especially with the season still so iffy.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Has there been any news about non-US TV?
You'd think the ISU would've made some announcement by now about their (perfectly wonderful and free, thank you) youtube livestreams. Then again, it's the ISU... they might just wait one hour before going live to inform us. :palmf:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

oly2018

Final Flight
The situation isn't any better in Vegas, but USFS seems to be steamrolling ahead because Vegas will let them. I don't think it makes any sense for that many skaters to try to cross the border for Skate America.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Sorry to hear that. Poor skaters, this sucks for them. I hope they were forewarned by the federation that things are not looking too good, and that this doesn't come out of the blue for them. I wonder what the few foreign skaters from SC will do then. If Satoko will return to Japan to skate at NHK, or whether she'll not bother with quarantine and stay where she is. I am sorry for Miura/Kihara too... not too likely Japan would open a pairs category just for them. If JunHwan has already travelled to Canada to participate - :cry: And Jason has nowehere to compete as the SA roster is full :cry: And all those great ice dance couples... this really is a sad season.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The LV roster is fully booked I just saw.

China Grand Prix is still open for registration? But who wants to travel, quarantine, and then go into quarantine again.

With so few entries, will China fed still proceed?

Country
Norway
I was expecting Canada to be the first to call it off. So honestly i´m not really surprised. Skate America and a couple of the others events might still be running if ISU themselves won´t cancel. When I read the officials it seems it was mainly a decision made by the Government of Ontario.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
I can’t believe Skate America hasn’t been cancelled yet. We have the most cases and it just doesn’t seem safe. I’m going to miss seeing the Canadian skaters though, they can’t catch a break this year😭 Also going to miss Jason and Satoko...