2020 NHK Trophy: Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 NHK Trophy: Free Dance

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
But his original name is Oliver, he was born in Montreal. His Chinese name is his second name, Oliver isn't an Anglicized name.

That's an interesting debate in itself.

I have a number of friends whose families were originally from Hong Kong. (So, they speak Cantonese rather than Mandarin). They were all born in Northern Ireland. One set of siblings primarily use their Anglicised names in everyday life. The other set of siblings primarily use their Chinese names in everyday life. The interesting thing is that the 2 sets of siblings are cousins.

So, it is not straightforward.

And BTW, Ruizhong is like rue+yee(said in a single syllable)-jong(sorta), and Eichu is eh-ee-choo.

Thank you so much for the lesson!!!

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
One, and probably it'll stay that way for the forseeable future. Even Spain can't get two and they're pretty competitive in Dance!
Really? Wow...I need to look into how the getting of spots works.

Here comes the scores!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I took so long replying to the off topic, that I didn't think I would have time to comment about Kana and Dai.

But the judges took so long that I did.

Boys, but that was close! :drama:

OK, so it is not quite as close as we had with some of the Japanese girls in the Ladies, but it was still close!

Would have loved to see Kana and Dai debut with a Silver medal. But a Bronze medal is still good! Yes, it is last position. But, when the scores are that close, it makes that part of it meaningless. It is a medal!

:cheer: WELL DONE KANA AND DAI!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Really? Wow...I need to look into how the getting of spots works.

Here comes the scores!
Basically, in most situations you need one team/skater in the top ten to qualify two spots for next Worlds. Three spots the placements have to add up to 13 or lower, so the lowest finish you can have is 6th and 7th to still earn three.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Good skate from Misato and Tim. But, there's no chemistry... šŸ˜ž

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist making that joke. :devil:

In all seriousness, that was absolutely beautiful. You could tell just how madly in love they are.

They deserved that win.

CaroLiza_fan

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I look forward to the day when I can watch Daisuke skate without praying that everybody survives the lifts.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Interview time on Eurosport Player.

Misato talking in Japanese.

CaroLiza_fan