2021-22 Japanese Women's Figure Skating | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Japanese Women's Figure Skating

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow! The Japanese girls are starting to pay attention to ultra-c elements. I always like it when a rival country starts to become competitive with the one that is dominating. It makes it more interesting.

silveruskate

On the Ice
I'M SO HAPPY. Kaori is fabulous, fantastic, out of this world and world champion! This is so well deserved. The fight, the persistence, the improvement and the hard-work. She absolutely belongs in that hall of fame.

And both her programs were so feel good they put a smile to your face. Her power and strength carries them beautifully. 🥰

Lzbee

Final Flight
CONGRATULATIONS WORLD CHAMPION KAORI!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Super well deserved. The speed she has is incredible and she does it with so few crossovers too. I love her gladiator SP and I actually really enjoy her FS too, just wish they'd do away with the voiceover and it would've been perfect. ❤️ I'm excited to see her what she works on for next season as she's mastered this layout now.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Local competition from Kyoto area (on Mar 26th):

Mao Shimada, skated at the Jr. women's category, was landing 3A in the competition (protocol)

Mao will skate in Egna Spring Trophy next month (in NvA category).

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Local competition from Kyoto area (on Mar 26th):

Mao Shimada, skated at the Jr. women's category, was landing 3A in the competition (protocol)

Mao will skate in Egna Spring Trophy next month (in NvA category).

@cohkaix, is there any video of Mao's FS from today, or at least her 3A? Do you think any video will become available?

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Has Kaori shared her future plans?
She plans to continue and she wants to master a quad (I think....she has said that she finds 3A "scary" and thinks she has a better chance of acquiring a 4T or 4S), because she knows she can't win without one. It will be a huge challenge - she could easily just retire - but I wish her the best of luck.

silveruskate

On the Ice
She plans to continue and she wants to master a quad (I think....she has said that she finds 3A "scary" and thinks she has a better chance of acquiring a 4T or 4S), because she knows she can't win without one. It will be a huge challenge - she could easily just retire - but I wish her the best of luck.
As long as she's not getting injured and it's controlled I would love her to stay. Like Liza, with a quad jump she can stay and be competitive for years and years to come.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Sakamoto looks great with short hair! I hope she keeps it that way. She's already over 20 and could easily retire as an Olympic medalist and World Champion, but I'm glad to hear she may be continuing for another four years.

Although I'm not happy about the Japanese ladies barely holding on to their Worlds spots for the second year in a row, I do think they did very well this season overall.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Although I'm not happy about the Japanese ladies barely holding on to their Worlds spots for the second year in a row, I do think they did very well this season overall.
I have to agree with you there. I think JSF shot themselves in the foot by choosing Mana over Mai for the world team, especially if Wakaba was injured.