2021-22 US Ice Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021-22 US Ice Dance

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's a good thing, because the Poles have withdrawn and the dance event is down to 8 entries (Kazakova/Reviya withdrew last week).

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Is the US gonna do the same thing they did last Olympic season when they sent placements 4, 5 and 6 to 4CC instead of 1, 2 and 3?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
How come the US didn't send Nguyen/Smirnov to Golden Spin instead of Bratti/Somerville or Cesanek/Yegorov? Haven't B/S and C/Y already done a Challenger event? This could have given N/S a chance to get minimums for 4CC.

The entry deadline for Golden Spin was Nov 12.
Nguyen/Smirnov were not in the USFS International Selection Pool at that time.
And they did not make their competition debut until Nov 17-18 in Alpharetta.

I hope that they will be added to ISP on the basis of their Alpharetta results.
Perhaps just my wishful thinking, but I wonder whether there could be a possibility that USFS would send them to a small international in the spring to start getting experience?? Especially if Nguyen/Smirnov are able to hold their own at Nats??

Is the US gonna do the same thing they did last Olympic season when they sent placements 4, 5 and 6 to 4CC instead of 1, 2 and 3?

USFS has said that 2022 Olympians in all disciplines will not be assigned to 2022 Four Continents -- which makes sense to me.

Nationals are the week of Jan 4.
Four Continents are the week of Jan 17.
Olympics start Feb 4.
Competing in all three events would be a lot.

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
USFS has said that 2022 Olympians in all disciplines will not be assigned to 2022 Four Continents -- which makes sense to me.

Olympics start Feb 4.
I would agree and would add that at least in dance this year, some of the 4-5-6 place finishers might also find themselves assigned to compete at Worlds, which would be a wonderful opportunity as they move forward into the next quad.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The entry deadline for Golden Spin was Nov 12.
Nguyen/Smirnov were not in the USFS International Selection Pool at that time.
And they did not make their competition debut until Nov 17-18 in Alpharetta.

I hope that they will be added to ISP on the basis of their Alpharetta results.
Perhaps just my wishful thinking, but I wonder whether there could be a possibility that USFS would send them to a small international in the spring to start getting experience?? Especially if Nguyen/Smirnov are able to hold their own at Nats??

Olympics start Feb 4.
That is what I thought. It also will give other competitors the opportunity to compete at 4CC. It is good experience.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I expect neither the US nor Canada to send their OG teams to 4CC. But I'm still looking forward to that competition...I am a big fan of C/Y, and a few other couples were mentioned that I would love to see there! The Us has such a deep field in ID, that the second tier (if you can call it that) couples are worthwhile to watch - as both the Challenger and GP series have shown.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Trailer for the Olympic Channel Series On Edge featuring the Gadbois training group is out now.

Chock/Bates and Hubbell/Donohue both feature quite heavily in the trailer. Hawayek/Baker are nowhere to be seen.

Also, it seems like H/B will not be withdrawing from Rostelecom since Kaitlin posted on her Instagram story about being excited to go to Russia next week.
Hawayek/Baker aren't one of the teams being featured in the documentary, so I wouldn't be expecting to see them. It's only focusing on six IAM teams, not the whole group. The teams are Papadakis/Cizeron, Hubbell/Donohue, Chock/Bates, Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen, Smart/Diaz and Fear/Gibson.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Maybe someone already posted these videos of Avonley Nguyen with her new partner, Grigory Smirnov (at U.S. championship series in Alpahretta, GA):

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Does anyone know whether there are videos available of Vadym with his new partner?

As mentioned in the new thread about the Michigan Ice Dance Academy, Emily Bratti/ Ian Somerville are now training in Canton, with Tanith, Charlie, and Greg Zuerlein.

Last edited: