2021 NHK Trophy: Pairs Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 NHK Trophy: Pairs Short Program

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I realized I'd totally forgotten their music as they were going into their starting positions :slink: Unfortunately in general a worse outing than in Vancouver.

gold12345

Medalist
Oh no, I thought Hase and Seegert were going to just mark their twist entirely. It looks like they fumbled something going into it and then they had to reset quickly just to get a makeshift double twist in the air. Very rare to see that. That will unfortunately kill their score.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shame about the missed/downgraded twist, and it seemed the Germans lost any momentum. They are elegant, though.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I do wish this didn’t end with them doing their SBS spins as the music just kind of peters out. Their spins are just not a wow element, they need a more substantial close to the program

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Yes, beautifully executed!! But... the lift has gone totally conventional now :(

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think I ever really watched this team before (yes, I know, world champions, I'm not a pairs devotee): she is absolutely adorable, and he's a charmer too. I really like the choreo, and the peppy ballet.

have they always been like this?