2021 Sofia Trophy | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2021 Sofia Trophy

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Although it wasn't perfect, Zara HUSEDZINOVIC of Bosnia had a much better skate today than she had yesterday.

A thing I hadn't noticed yesterday - how young she looks! Just look at that face!

She is overtaken by Stoyanova in both the FS and overall. But, I kinda expected that. Stoyanova wouldn't normally have scored that low. She just had a nightmare SP. And she made up for it today.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Enjoyed that FS from Jana KUKOVSKA.

I may only have seen her a couple of times (i.e. yesterday and today), but I can tell you that she is definitely very confident in her body. There are not many Junior skaters that would show any cleavage. But, both her costumes show a lot!

She goes 2nd in the FS, but takes the lead overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The first of our Turkish skaters of the segment, Ceyda SAGLAM, had a clean skate (the only other so far being HUSEDZINOVIC) and goes into a comfortable lead in both FS and overall.

One more to go before the interval. A second Macedonian, Angela PRILEPCANSKA. And she is rather more covered up than her team-mate.

It's hard to beat a red dress with black trimmings when doing a Spanish theme.

A fall early on won't have helped. And given that she wasn't much ahead of Saglam, I think the Turk will jump the Macedonian.

EDIT: Ouch! PRILEPCANSKA was 5th in the FS, 1.54 behind her team-mate KUKOVSKA. But, the advantage that SAGLAM and PRILEPCANSKA had over the rest means that the Macedonian only drops to 2nd overall.​

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooh. Elisavet has a flower in her hair.

Bet you this is another Spanish themed programme.

Yep. It's a "Carmen".

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. She looked downbeat when she finished. But, I didn't think it went badly.

And as I watched, I realised that, like her SP, this is another programme that she has been using for a few years.

Into 2nd in the FS, only 0.10 behind SAGLAM. But, maintains the lead overall by 1.76.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What's going on? Danica DJORDJEVIC was skating away, and the music just stopped.

This is getting ridiculous the number of music problems we are having.

And by the time she got going again, my Dad had started playing a video on his phone and I couldn't hear the music! :mad: So, I ended up pausing the stream and going back to the start of her first attempt to watch the whole thing in one go.

I hope she doesn't get penalised for it.

She had a fall after the music drama, but I didn't notice any other mistakes. So, if her decuctions are anything more than 1 point, I am going to be very angry.

EDIT: Yep, 2 points in deductions. But, she has a roughly 4 point lead in both FS and overall, so I'm not complaining too much.​

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am confused. I don't know what the theme that Natalia PEEVA (BUL) was going for was.

It was like she had two different themes in her costume. The top half said "office worker", while the bottom half said, well, let's just say the word I am thinking of is also a position in rugby.

If she had gone all out with one or the other, she would have looked great. But combining them just looked strange. Especially since neither theme seemed to tie in with the music.

Not a great skate. She drops to 5th in the FS and overall.

So, at the first interval, we have a Serbian 1-2 in both FS and overall, with Danica DJORDJEVIC leading Darja MIJATOVIC. Sara Klementina SEDEJ (SLO) is 3rd overall ahead of Maria STAVREVA (BUL). (These two skaters are the other way around in the FS).

I'm back LIVE again. However, I'm going to be leaving part-way through the third group for my dinner. But, I'll pause the stream and play catch-up afterwards.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@anonymoose_au - Bet you love Manca KRMELJ's dress. Black with lots of sparklies. And a sparkly motif on the back (not sure if it's a crown something like St Edward's Crown, or whether it is one of those classical architecture entrances like on the Parthenon).

Hate, hate, hate the music! Thought I had managed to escape hearing Billie Eilish this weekend with Emilea ZIngas opting to do the competition that is behind a paywall.

Well, the judges liked it, because she goes into a massive nearly 20 point lead in both FS and overall.

OK, so I admit the skating was good. But, I just can't enjoy that music.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Marina NIKOLOVA (BUL) also had a black sparkly dress. But, this one had cut outs in some very strange places. For example, down the sides from her oxters to her waist. And on the top of her shoulders.

First time I have heard "Cathedrale" as an instumental, and it doesn't have anywhere near the same impact as the vocal version. Which is probably why skaters opt for the version with vocals.

The skating was good. But, with that big a gap between Manca KRMELJ and Ceren KARAS, it is going to be very easy to slip into it.

And, she did. Roughly 2 points behind KRMELJ in both FS and overall.

Right, that's me away for my dinner now.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Back from my dinner. ( @alexocfp - you'll appreciate this: I had Kleftiko. Not anywhere near as good as we get in Cyprus, but it was still edible!)

I see Group 4 is warming up. Rather than re-join LIVE, I am going to watch Group 3. Because I don't like watching things out of order. (Even if it does mean that I can't keep track using the livescoring page).

Plus, I still have the last 3 guys from the Junior Men's SP to watch. So, I wouldn't be able to watch the Junior Men's FS LIVE anyway.

So, enjoy Group 4. I'll see them in a while!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now we move onto the Senior Ladies FS. As I haven't watched the SP yet, I will continue catching up on the Junior Men's FS, and then maybe watch yesterday's Senior Men's SP.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk6-H26SvIY

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/ISU/pages/ST2021_SENIORLADIES_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/ISU/index.html?page=SEG004.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, I forgot to put up a reminder this morning that the Sofia Trophy continues for the younger skaters today and tomorrow.

But, I will not be watching, as I have other things to do (the main one being watching Saturday's Senior Ladies SP!)

Here is the link for the Entries / Results Page:
http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/NonISU/

And here is the link for today's livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgmejtY1BIY

The stream is currently on a resurfacing, and the CUBS II. GIRLS FS is due to start in a couple of minutes.

On the subject of streams, yesterday's stream has been zapped by a copyright claim from Warner Music Group. :mad: :mad: :mad: And I am kicking myself, because I could have watched the Senior Men's FS LIVE, but opted to instead watch something with my parents that I had taped (and, hence, could have watched some other time!) :bang: :bang: :bang:

But, hey. That's the joys of having to watch skating online instead of on normal TV! :rolleye: [We really need the sarcasm emoticon back!]

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The final day of the 2021 Sofia Trophy is about to start. But, I won't be watching.

Here is the link for today's livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsGdAbnwSvM

And here is the link for the Entries / Results Page:
http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/NonISU/

First up today is the BASIC NOVICES III. GIRLS FS. And it is very encouraging for the future to see the sheer size of the entry list - 29 skaters! šŸ˜²

Incidentally, it is still the case that Sunday's stream is the only one that has been zapped. Saturday's stream and yesterday's stream are both still available.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan