2023 Denkova-Staviski Cup | Nov 7-12 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Denkova-Staviski Cup | Nov 7-12

Country
Norway
Oh wow, that was a big mess for Mia, not sure the last time she had such a messy FS.

She seemed to start changing her layout already after the opening lutz, normally she would do the flip, but she went for another lutz, which she popped into a double. And then the flip, not success either. She now needed to take care of the combos and with a changed layout :drama: Did she only do one combo?

Despite that, the score overall is not so terrible, there is some really generous scoring today, we will most likely see huge scores in the last group consider this got a 90 :scratch2: Imagine what score she would have gotten if she skated similar to the FS in JGP.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@Andrea82 - does this event count towards TES minimums?

If it does, I think Irina Napolitano has just achieved the minimums for Euros in both SP and FS.

Not bad going for her first international event at Senior level in Singles!

By the way, do you know if she has skated Singles at Senior level in any domestic events in Italy? Or is this her first time competing at Senior level full stop?

Either way, it's turning into a great autumn for her, after winning the Junior Pairs competition in Nice a few weeks ago.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh wow, that was a big mess for Mia, not sure the last time she had such a messy FS.

She seemed to start changing her layout already after the opening lutz, normally she would do the flip, but she went for another lutz, which she popped into a double. And then the flip, not success either. She now needed to take care of the combos and with a changed layout :drama: Did she only do one combo?

Despite that, the score overall is not so terrible, there is some really generous scoring today, we will most likely see huge scores in the last group consider this got a 90 :scratch2: Imagine what score she would have gotten if she skated similar to the FS in JGP.
Does Mia have her TES for Europeans? She just missed it here.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

If it does, I think Irina Napolitano has just achieved the minimums for Euros in both SP and FS.

By the way, do you know if she has skated Singles at Senior level in any domestic events in Italy? Or is this her first time competing at Senior level full stop?

Either way, it's turning into a good autumn for her, after winning the Junior Pairs competition in Nice a few weeks ago.

CaroLiza_fan
There is enough countries so is there enough judges?

Country
Norway

It's turning into a good autumn for her, after winning in the Junior Pairs competition in Nice a few weeks ago.

CaroLiza_fan
I think it should, at least there is more than enough skaters from different nations competing. I see there is two Bulgarian judges though, could that have something to say? But I would think so, most competitions would aim for having competitions counts towards TES and ranking points, why else would the skaters bother to compete, in cases where it doesn´t it´s often because there is not enough skaters from different countries competing, skaters WD, out of the organizers control.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Does Mia have her TES for Europeans? She just missed it here.
Mia does not only have the TES for Europeans, she has the TES for Worlds as well, safely gotten last season. Actually Denkova-Staviski cup was the competition where she first got the Europeans mins last season, where she also got the silver, in her first senior international competition. Then the next competition at Santa Claus Cup a few weeks later, she got the minimums for Worlds and won the whole event.

Mia had a really good start in seniors last season, but seems to be struggling in the beginning of this season. Maybe she is focusing too much on the lutz. But she did not end off strong last season, so maybe she will peak later in the season, hopefully at Europeans and Worlds.

Linnea and Frida also have the EC minimums, but Mia will most likely get the EC spot because despite not starting off as strong as last season, Frida and Linnea has not been able to do better.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's all falling apart for Kristina GRIGOROVA (BUL).

You could see in her face after she finished, she knows that she is going to drop down the order.

And she does. 11th in the FS, and 7th overall.

Well, the Bulgarian fans still have Feigin to come.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach, Nina's ISU Bio only has her SP music. I wanted to know what this music was. Because it is beautiful!

Hang on. I think I know now! ;)

Different pieces from "Swan Lake" than what we are used to being skated to.

(I probably should have worked it out from the white dress. :rolleye: )

That was beautiful, Nina.

3rd in the FS, and 2nd overall.

Well, at least she's on the podium.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now we are going to see a huge score for home hope Alexandra, I´m guessing someplace around 170-180 :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh, you cynic!

Well, Chiara HRISTOVA (BUL) won Junior Ladies by 7.61 points, and Tamir KUPERMAN (ISR) won Junior Men by 48.93 points.

So, there's your ballpark.

After seeing the programme, she will deservedly win. But, by how much?

Ach, the overall table disappeared before I could copy the numbers into the calculator. And the overall results page hasn't updated yet!

EDIT: Thank you @Jeanie19 for posting Feigin's score. I've now added together Gozhva's SP and FS scores, and taken it away from Feigin's score. Feigin won by 13.45 points.​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: