2023 Bosphorus Cup | Nov 27 - Dec 3 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023 Bosphorus Cup | Nov 27 - Dec 3

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Seraina TSCHARNER / Laurin WIEDERKEHR (CHE) doing a "Lord Of The Dance" programme.

Given that Laurin's former partner (Milla O'Brien) is half-Irish, I take it that this music was chosen before they split. And when the new partnership was formed, they just decided to carry on with it.

Not complaining, though. I enjoyed it.

That said, I did feel uncomfortable when they went over to the panel and got right in the Judges' faces.

They go into 4th in the FS, and 3rd overall.

Methinks I was not the only one that didn't appreciate that...

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now. The end is here. And so we face. The final curtain.

We finish up with the 20 Senior partnerships, who are arranged into two groups of 5; followed by a resurfacing; followed by two groups of 5.

Livestream for Senior Free Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUg3o_556IE

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.or...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/Sezon/2023/bosph2023odf/SEG006.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Go, Maria and Yehor! :hap10:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I like India and Eron, but I really do not like this version of "What A Wonderful World". Louis Armstrong will be spinning in his grave.

For a moment, I thought it was going to morph into the "Pirates Of The Caribben" music. :drama:

And when the vocals came back at the end, it was a total mess. 🙉

But, the skating wasn't bad.

Into 2nd in the FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now, that was a very original opening position for Gaukhar NAURYZOVA / Boyisangur DATIEV (KAZ).

Enjoyable. But not perfect.

2 points in deductions.

Into 3rd in the FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I really liked Maria and Yehor's dance last time and it looks good now too. Good luck to you guys! They seem to have gotten good grades.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Go, Maria and Yehor! :hap10:

They didn't do so bad! I didn't spot any issues.

And with the way that the partnerships behind them after the Short have dropped down the order, they should easily take the lead going into the next group.

And they do! In both FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Gosh, what drama from Olivia and Philip from Poland...

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, that's the problem of doing these complicated positions. They can go wrong, and you can both end up on your backsides.

That'll be 2 points in deductions for Olivia OLIVER / Filip BOJANOWSKI (POL).

When we went to the reults area, Filip had got there first, and you could see how upset he was. Then Olivia arrived, and sat down at the other end of the sofa, and then slid up beside him.

Not a lot of communication between them. In fact, I would go as far as to say they are ignoring each other.

Ah, now they are hugging each other. And they've started talking. That's good to see.

Into 4th in the FS, and overall.

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hope this goes better...

☘️ ALL THE BEST CAROLANE AND SHANE!!! ☘️

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow. The person behind the camera was really struggling to keep them in shot. Were they having a pint of Guinness in solidarity?

Well, from what we saw after the camera wobbles stopped, that was very good. A lot better than yesterday. And a lot better than the Poles before them.

The question is - was it better than the Georgians? They were only about 1.5 points ahead of them.

Ah, easily into the lead of both Free Dance and overall.

The next 4 partnerships were all within 2 points of them after the Short Dance, so there is potential to move up.

:cheer: WELL DONE CAROLANE AND SHANE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My goodness! Hearing the "Blue Danube" made me realise that it is now less than a month until the New Year's Day Concert in Vienna.

It is amazing how one partnership can go so effortlessly from Tina Turner to Johann Strauss.

That was beautiful. And it is definitely the end of Carolane and Shane's time at the top.

Or maybe not! They go into 3rd in the Free and overall.

I was not expecting that! 😲

Their programme mustn't be worth as much as the Canadians' programme. That's the only explanation I can think of.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The next 4 partnerships were all within 2 points of them after the Short Dance, so there is potential to move up.

Wow. Carolane and Shane didn't just overtake the 4 partnerships I was talking about - they actually overtook 5! 😲

They also overtook Hanna JAKUCS / Alessio GALLI (NED), who had been 4.97 points ahead of them after the Short.

But, although they still lead the Free Dance, they have just lost the overall lead to Sofiia DOVHAL / Wiktor KULESZA (POL), who were 5.33 points ahead of them after the Short.

:cheer: WELL DONE CAROLANE AND SHANE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The microphones are picking up some strange noises. And somebody talking. And laughing.

Ah, they've just cut the sound.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks for bringing the sound back for the scores.

But, rather than watching Eva, Amedeo and their coach talking in the results area, we wouldn't mind seeing Paulina and Deividas' programme, which has already started on the ice.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We may have missed a large chunk at the start of their programme, but Paulina and Deividas have taken the lead of both the Free and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

SaltySalchow

Rinkside
Just tuned in and Paulina and Deividas earned their World minimums back! They did not reach the free dance last year but due to Allison and Saulius placing 7th, Lithuania still has two spots.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think Sofía and Asaf are the ones that are in the blue jackets. It's a strange colour for a Spanish team to be wearing, but that does look like the colour of Sofía's dress sticking out from under the girl's jacket. (They are too far away to see the skaters clearly).

Yeah, it was them. Seeing them again without the jackets confirmed it.

The camera isn't as far zoomed in during their Warm-Up today compared to yesterday, so we actually got to see quite a bit of action.

Suffice to say, everything they did looked good! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, since they are running behind schedule, rather than watching the whole segment like I planned, I'm going to have to pause the stream after Sofía and Asaf skate, and leave to eat. And hope that the stream survives so that I can watch the last 2 partnerships after eating.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST SOFÍA AND ASAF!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I didn't spot any issues at all.

Well, there was one point where I thought they were going a bit too fast for how close they were to the boards below the camera. But that may just have been the camera angle making them look closer to the boards than they were.

Kirill was with the other partnership earlier, so I assume he will be with Sofía and Asaf too.

Yep. And he's got the blue jackets with him.

They all look really happy. And so they should be.

New leaders in both Free and overall.

Boys but that is close in the Free. Just 0.06 ahead of Mariia IGNATEVA / Danijil Leonyidovics SZEMKO (HUN)! :drama:

:cheer: WELL DONE SOFÍA AND ASAF!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan