Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2021 Gran Premio d'Italia ISU video links with start orders can be found here

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
I’m quite disappointed by the entry list for the gala. They’ve invited Beccari and Gutmann and left out Satoko Miyahara :bang: a two times world medalist! And I’m saying this despite being Italian

Andrea82

Medalist
I’m quite disappointed by the entry list for the gala. They’ve invited Beccari and Gutmann and left out Satoko Miyahara :bang: a two times world medalist! And I’m saying this despite being Italian

I can only hope she wanted to travel earlier...because, well, they invited 2 junior girls (one I've never heard of, but it is my fault), 1 novice dance team and the 3rd (or 4th) Junior dance team.

LadyB

Record Breaker
So happy to see Yulia and Misha on the podium after all, although I would have enjoyed Nicola and Matteo up there as well.

Ella339

On the Ice
Awards will be shown at 2:00 according to Simon.
Out of curiosity, where did you see this? I wanted to contact him once (for some trivial matter regarding the broadcast) and couldn't find a Twitter for him.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Yulia and Misha didn't skate their best but im so happy they medalled! They were my favorite jr pair in 19-20 and while I still think Pavel rushed them to seniors and they would have benefited from a season or 2 of being in juniors im really happy they got good results here!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Yulia and Misha didn't skate their best im so happy they medalled! They were my favorite jr pair in 19-20 and while I still think Pavel rushed them to seniors and they would have benefited from a season or 2 of being in juniors im really happy they got good results here!
I agree on all accounts! (y)

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
I can only hope she wanted to travel earlier...because, well, they invited 2 junior girls (one I've never heard of, but it is my fault), 1 novice dance team and the 3rd (or 4th) Junior dance team.

I don’t think so, she doesn’t have any competition soon… and even if she wasn’t available there were more deserving skaters than the Italians, Eunsoo Lim for example… the Italian girls were already lucky to have had a spot for the competition.

I’ll think more carefully next time before buying a ticket for a gala in Italy

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I don’t think so, she doesn’t have any competition soon… and even if she wasn’t available there were more deserving skaters than the Italians, Eunsoo Lim for example… the Italian girls were already lucky to have had a spot for the competition.

I’ll think more carefully next time before buying a ticket for a gala in Italy
Lots of feds will use Galas to show off their junior skaters so im not shocked that Italy fed is doing so. Also home skaters are pretty much guaranteed a spot at the gala regardless of performance. Its just a gala there's no requirement and nor guaranteed spots other than medalist preforming there.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Out of curiosity, where did you see this? I wanted to contact him once (for some trivial matter regarding the broadcast) and couldn't find a Twitter for him.
He announced it when he was signing off of the mens event reminding viewers to join him for the gala adding that the awards would be at 2.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Lots of feds will use Galas to show off their junior skaters so im not shocked that Italy fed is doing so. Also home skaters are pretty much guaranteed a spot at the gala regardless of performance. Its just a gala there's no requirement and nor guaranteed spots other than medalist preforming there.

Sure, but tickets were quite expensive and showing us an Italian championship is not fair in my opinion. It is also counterproductive both for the organisers and the TVs that bought rights to air this event

Reactions: ana

LadyB

Record Breaker
Sure, but tickets were quite expensive and showing us an Italian championship is not fair in my opinion. It is also counterproductive both for the organisers and the TVs that bought rights to air this event
I understand you frustration that some of the best skaters are not participating, but in all fairness, it's perfectly normal - and quite right - that Italian skaters have the chance to perform in front of their home crowd, especially given that it is an unexpected GP opportunity. You still see the medallists, which are among the best in the world - so, ticket prizes are justified (and the best seats are always over the top - everywhere).