2022-23 Japanese Women's Figure Skating | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Japanese Women's Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I finally added a link for Ikura Kushida's BOI performance to post #380 on page 19
I apologize for the delay :pray:

Aside from Mone, wanted to mention how surprised and excited I was to see Yuna Nagaoka (from Hokkaido) also now listed as a Kinoshita Academy trainee https://kinoshitaacademy.com/trainee/nagaoka/
I was really drawn to Yuna's skating and programs this season and feel she's very promising if she can clean up her jumps, particularly during her FS
Not sure if her messy long programs is a stamina issue or lack of confidence (appears more mental) but hope this coaching change will help her consistency so she can really show her talent
I believe this move will provide both Mone and Yuna with better training and oppportunities

Also, if anyone is unaware and interested in watching~
The entire Sainichi Cup competition (05.03~05.05) is being livestreamed (non geo-blocked) and archived on youtube (for now)
Sainichi Cup Day 1 (archived)
Sainichi Cup Day 2 (currently live, will edit link if changed when archived)
7:30am (JST) Novice B Boys
9:05am Novice B Girls
1:25pm Novice A Boys
2:55pm Novice A Girls
7:15pm Junior Men
Sainichi Cup Day 3 (upcoming livestream, will edit if link changed when archived)
7:30am (JST) Junior Women (Kanto area)
1:25am Junior Women (Tokyo area)
4:37pm Senior Men
5:40pm Senior Women
Competition schedule
Live scoring for this competition can be found here (temporary until results are posted to page in Local competition>Saitama)

Not too many notable Women/Girls participating in this competition but a lot of skaters debuting new programs
I'll report back if someone delivers a significant performance

Last edited:

rabidline

Final Flight
I don't see why Ami has any reason to move to Hamada either...on the contrary, I think MF Academy has been doing quite well and the skaters from there are in general technically strong (perhaps not as stable as skaters from Kinoshita Academy).
MF Academy seems to be solid too when it comes to rink facility and sponsors. Rinka, Ami and Rio Nakata are already sponsored by / affiliated with Tokio Inkarami, the company that sponsored Ayumu Hirano (the snowboarder Olympic medalist).

Last edited:

n1co

Rinkside
Aside from Mone, wanted to mention how surprised and excited I was to see Yuna Nagaoka (from Hokkaido) also now listed as a Kinoshita Academy trainee https://kinoshitaacademy.com/trainee/nagaoka/
I was really drawn to Yuna's skating and programs this season and feel she's very promising if she can clean up her jumps, particularly during her FS
Not sure if her messy long programs is a stamina issue or lack of confidence (appears more mental) but hope this coaching change will help her consistency so she can really show her talent
Nagaoka is almost 18 yo without 3-3. I don't see a reason why they took her unless for pairs/ice dance.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Lets talk about the potential junior ladies for next season, we know Mao Shimada, Ami Nakai, Ikura Kushida and Ayumi Shibayama are gonna stay in the junior field but now that Japan has all the spots again for the grand prix what skaters have some potential? Haruna Murakami?, Yo takagi?, Yurina Okuno?, I have seen the programs of Rena Uezono and Kaoruko Wada and they look strong with big jumps I think they have great potential. Talking about the ultra c elements, Mao can upgrade her content if she adds another triple axel or quad toe loop but it's not worthy to come with something more difficult and dangerous if she wants to stay healthy until she is senior, Ami can add another triple axel to her program which we have already seen she can do it, I know Ikura and Ami are practicing the triple axel but don't know if they are going to try it, still a long way to go for the next season.

hermine17

Final Flight
I think (or at least I hope) that Haruna, Yo and Yurina will all get spots, as they were all sent to international events in the second half of the season and did well.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
One key indicator of JGP assignments will be the Jr. skaters' training camp (National, 全日本ジュニア合宿(ジュニアグランプリ派遣選手強化合宿), which will take place by the end of July. So it's really less about how the skaters were doing from the Jr. Nationals last season.

But the good side is to regain all the spots for JGP.

rabidline

Final Flight
Nagaoka is almost 18 yo without 3-3. I don't see a reason why they took her unless for pairs/ice dance.
Possible new partner for Moriguchi (Pairs) or Morita (Ice Dance)? Both are still under Kinoshita Academy. Leaning more towards Moriguchi since there are hints he has a senior-eligible partner already.

Last edited:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
So apparently Hana wants to come next season with two triple axels and begin to train the quad toe loop, hope she stays healthy

skim1001

On the Ice
Country
Japan
So apparently Hana wants to come next season with two triple axels and begin to train the quad toe loop, hope she stays healthy
Hana's 3A is probably one of the best in the field right now and she has landed two this season in several competitions. She might want to focus more on fully rotating some of her triples, her 3Lz to be exact, before moving on to a quad. Seems like every up and coming skater is working on a quad now.

milkgirl

On the Ice
I don`t see any need for Hana to go for a quad. She has a 3A and when she lands successfully the other triples, it`ll be a wonderful program. We have seen Rika ´s quad training with the result of a stress fracture. Hana should try to improve her PCS and GOE`s . Then in my opinion everything will work for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.