2022 Belairdirect BC/YK Super Series Summerskate AUG 18-21, 2022 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022 Belairdirect BC/YK Super Series Summerskate AUG 18-21, 2022

yesterday

Record Breaker
Noo how can you even produce a Keane-cover?! And choosing this for a program.. :dbana:
(Pre-Novice Women)

btw.. this is somehow interesting at this level - everything seems possible, from a 2A to a StSq base in one program.
Others struggle with jumps but manage lvl 3 spins which others can't.

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker
The Pre-Novice Women are Cats fans, the musical :hb:
My poor memory...

should I mute when the next black dress appears (both had one! :biggrin:)?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Is this Connaught somewhat big? They seem to have a lot of skaters there, everywhere.
Connaught is in Richmond, a big suburb of Vancouver, with a large Chinese-Canadian population. It's the second oldest skating club in Canada if I recall properly.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Arent russian skaters ineligeble?:scratch2:
Uliana is allowed to compete in a Canadian non-qualifying event while she gets her release done from Russia which is scheduled for December. Her parents are moving to Canada.

Last edited:

Cutting the ice

On the Ice
Uliana is allowed to compete in a Canadian non-qualifying event while she gets her release done from Russia which is scheduled for December. Her parents are moving to Canada.
Please help me to understand what "release from Russia" means for a skater who has only competed domestically in that country. Is this an ISU rule or just politeness?

Canada has many Canadian skaters competing for other countries that similarly did not compete ever for Canada internationally - did they require a Cdn release prior to competing for another country?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Please help me to understand what "release from Russia" means for a skater who has only competed domestically in that country. Is this an ISU rule or just politeness?

Canada has many Canadian skaters competing for other countries that similarly did not compete ever for Canada internationally - did they require a Cdn release prior to competing for another country?
technically, there shouldn't be a release from Russia necessary as you have pointed out... I think it's just politeness... :) they said that it should be done by December... not exactly sure what the process is ;) I think some who are more versed in how things are done in Russia can explain this better... if I read properly, Russia was trying to make it harder for skaters who never competed internationally but ISU said no.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

It was never explained who and why has to ‘release’ Shiryaeva from Russia, so 🤷‍♀️ She was in a commercial club, so for a while I thought it was a matter of contract, but it sounds as a federation’s release in the articles. Her highest level competition was Russian Nationals.

Last edited: