2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Wow! Is it just me or am I seeing a lot of original lifts, features and such this year (not just here)? Loved the Ukranians, They should win here.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I remember now. Yesterday I just thought and wondered about the familiar face, but Lou's and Noe's coach is Oliver Schoenvelder! And they are in first!

Aha! Thank you for working that out! :bow: :clap: :points:

Sorry that Hanna and Alessio missed out on a podium, though. But, they will be delighted with their scores.

I have the feeling that the audience hears the music in a better way than I do, but it's good to hear them enthusiastically clapping to the beat all the same!

Yeah, I think the microphone for the streaming has been placed far too near the speaker, as we are hearing a lot of distortion.

It's a pity, as it has really affected the enjoyment of the event.

But, at the same time, I would hate it if we were just getting the music straight from the CD player. Because then we would be missing out on the audience's reaction. And they have really added to the atmosphere today.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow! Is it just me or am I seeing a lot of original lifts, features and such this year (not just here)? Loved the Ukranians, They should win here.

Definitely.

Ice Dance is getting very acrobatic nowadays. And, I'm not sure if I like that.

But, I'm old fashioned. I am against touching the ice with anything other than your blade.

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
They didn't! But they're still second. And your favourite Frenchies are 3rd. Not bad at all. Now, I'm off to Budapest Cup with the other Dutchies and quite a few other lovely dancers as well!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Given that the stream hasn't cut off abruptly straight after the last scores were announced, I am guessing that we might be getting to see Podium Ceremonies.

Hang on, there's the promo video. And a graphic saying that they are indeed coming up.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They have finally set everything up, and we are getting under way with the Podium Ceremonies now.

First up, the Senior Ladies.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, no national anthems. 😞

We move straight onto the Senior Men. And plenty of cheers for the 2 (very local) Turkish boys! :biggrin:

There's a drone flying about! 😲

Now the Junior Ice Dance. My kids on the top step!!! :love:

Did they nearly forget about giving medals to the third place finishers?! :drama:

And finally the Senior Ice Dancers.

They're not having a lot of luck with the third place finishing dancers. We had to wait a long time for them to arrive! :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And to finish everything off, a group photo on the podium for the staff of the event.

That was lovely!

Ach, the stream cut off just as another group photo was getting organised. :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Just caught up with the men. Litvintsev was great, even despite the stumble at the beginning of the StSq which seemed to distract him a bit in the latter half of the program. Definite improvement from his performance at Denis Ten Memorial.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As if my mood wasn't bad enough due to certain kids of mine competing this week (it's complicated), now I find out that the Entries / Results page for the event I had kids at last week has disappeared. :drama:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

CaroLiza_fan