2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup | Golden Skate

2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 Bosphorus Istanbul Cup will take place Nov 29 - Dec 3, 2022, in Istanbul, Turkey, at the Silivrikapı İce Rink. This international event will feature the singles discipline (Women and Men) and Ice Dance in the Novice, Junior and Senior categories.

The competition will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the 2022 Special Regulations and Technical Rules for Single Skating, as well as all relevant ISU Communications.

Country
Norway
Well that´s interesting. I never expected to find Norwegian skaters on the list. There is one in junior ladies and one in Advanced Novice. They are skating for the same club, actually the same club that Mia Caroline belongs to, and since they were never on a list from the Fed I guess the club decided to enter the skaters on their own expenses/partly covered by skaters themselves.

I had to double check the skater who is listed in Advanced Novice ladies: Taisia Rumyantseva, I never heard of her before and she doesn´t have a Norwegian sounding name, it actually sounds like she might have Russian roots or something. Just checked her result and she started competing only in 2020 in Springs and this seasons he has been skating in Debs. So she has never competed in Novice category so that is quite a leap to start with a higher level for international experience. Maybe her parents wants to push her skating forwards, I will pay attention to her, interesting!

Christina Jensen who is listed in junior ladies is a good training mate of Mia Caroline. She does attempt 3S and has a good 2A and interesting skating skills. She has scored over 100 points overall 2 times domestic but have been to very few internationals, last one in 2020. She wasn´t pick by the Fed for competitions this season so I think it´s good the club are giving their own skaters more possibilities.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooh. It's a good job that figure skating is not a mainstream sport in Cyprus. Because there would be uproar in certain quarters if word got around that there were 3 Russians representing Cyprus at an event being held in Turkey. (Stefania Yakovleva is also competing).

Although relations between Cyprus and Turkey have never been good, they are currently at the worst that they have been for quite a few years. And although relations with Russia have always been good (hence why so many Russians live on the island), they are strained at the moment for obvious reasons.

Suffice to say, I won't be highlighting them being at this event in the team thread. I'll just talk about it in their own threads.

On a different note, it's so good to see the Bosphorus Cup back. There were far too many years when it ended up getting cancelled. Although none of them have yet reached the heights that Alper Uçar did in Ice Dance, there have been a lot of good young Turkish skaters appearing on the scene over the past decade or so. And it is nice for them to have the opportunity to compete at an international competition in their own country.

Looking forward to watching, if there is a livestream!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Good morning. And an early start it is today for the Bosphorus Cup. I always thought Turkey was 2 hours ahead of me, but it is actually 3. So, it is 5am here! :eek:

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Ladies SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cerYGh_6QJk

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...ADVNOV----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG015.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. No sound and a lot of buffering.

This isn't a good sign. I was planning on watching this all day.

Or maybe it is at my end. The computer is always a bit sluggish when it is switched on for the first time in the morning. Maybe I should have got up even earlier and had the computer on for longer.

No. That wouldn't have been a good idea! It's too early as it is! :drama:

EDIT: Just realised why there was no sound. I had the audio going through to the hi-fi's speakers (which is switched off) rather than the TV! :palmf:

As I said, it's too early!

Now that I can hear it, the sound quality is awful! You can't even hear the music over the interference! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This is desperate. I looked away to open some pages after the first skater, Ilkim Cagla AKTAS (TUR), and then after a while I could just about hear "Lord Of The Dance" starting. Bella AYDIN (TUR) had started her programme, and I hadn't even heard the announcer giving out Aktas' scores, or Aydin being introduced. :eek:

Same again when the first international skater came on next. Except it was "Swan Lake" for Sofiya KOVALENKO (KAZ). And I was keeping an eye on the TV screen this time.

I guess that Silvia LUTAY (BUL) has withdrawn, because there was a long gap after Kovalenko. I'll have to wait for the livescoring page to update to find out for sure. Because we can't hear the announcer.

If the sound doesn't improve by the time the resurfacing ends, I'm bailing out.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aha! We have graphics now. That will help make it easier to keep track of what is going on.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

EDIT: Looks like they just have graphics for the scores, and not for the introductions. Judging by the gap after the Warm-Up, I think the first skater, Tuvana Cagla IGDI (TUR) has withdrawn.

Yep, just checked the livescoring page, she has.

Oh, I can't wait until the new computer monitor arrives. Because when it does, I plan to set the old monitor up next to the TV, and that will mean I will be able to have the livescoring page open beside the livestream!

And then I'll only have to flick back and forth between the Time Schedule and Golden Skate on the computer screen.​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooh. Interesting. Some running repairs being done to the carpet on the step up to the area where they are sitting for the results.

And the door beside it was open, so you could see into the Green Room! :biggrin: (Not sure that is the right term in this context. Would Warm-Up Room be better?)

EDIT: Actually, seeing through the door again after the next skater, it looks more like just a corridor with a set of stairs. I think I was caught out the previous time because there was a person on the other side of the door.​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ooooh. We just had a Ukrainian girl on called Vladyslava PONOMARENKO.

I wonder if she is in some way related to Sergei. 🤔

Yes, I know he was born in Kazakhstan. But, it's a Ukrainian surname, and you know how people move about. For goodness sake, he's in America now!

Anyway, Vladyslava has gone into 2nd position, just 0.58 points behind long-time leader Sofiya KOVALENKO (KAZ).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And continuing the relative theme, she was followed by Vayana HRISTOVA (BUL), younger sister of Chiara (who we will be seeing later on today in the Junior Ladies SP).

My goodness but her costume was revealing! 😲

That costume should not be allowed at Senior level, never mind Novice level! I felt uncomfortable seeing her in it.

She goes into 3rd position, exactly 1 point behind Vladyslava PONOMARENKO (UKR)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After the extended break due to the earlier withdrawals (during which I had my breakfast and got washed), we are finally back!

I enjoyed the wee promo video the first few times I saw it (it got monotonous after that). But I'm kinda disappointed that it showcased skaters that aren't here. For example, it had a clip of Trusova's "Wonder Woman" EX.

They could have used the video to showcase past and present Turkish skaters instead. For example Alisa Agafonova / Alper Uçar; Tuğba Karademir; Sinem Kuyucu; Sıla Saygı; Elif Erdem; Başar Oktar; Ali Efe Guneş; the Demirboğa brothers; etc.

And Alp Eren Özkan would have been a particularly good choice, as he is an Istanbul boy!

But, alas...

EDIT: By the way, I checked the entry lists, and Oktar, Guneş, Özkan and Burak Demirboğa are all entered here. But none of the others I mentioned are.​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I forgot to say, the sound quality on the stream has been so much better since we came back from the resurfacing. You can actually hear the music and the announcer speaking now, and even make out what is being said.

So, well done to whoever worked at it during the extended break! They did a great job! :bow: :bow: :bow:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know what's happened, but the sound has gone bad again. Just after skater #35, Fatma Inci INANÇ (TUR), finished her programme.

Ah, it went to good again just after the following skater, Taisia RUMYANTSEVA (NOR) started.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We were supposed to move straight to the next segment but, due to a withdrawal from the final group of girls, there was a bit of a gap before the 4 boys (all Turkish) came out.

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Men's SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 5h 00m 44s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cerYGh_6QJk&t=18044

https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...ADVNOV----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG013.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have to say, I like the name graphic that was introduced when we reached the last skater of the previous segment. Makes it so much easier to keep track of where we are in the competition. Especially if there are late withdrawals (although we haven't had any since it was introduced)

And the fact that it is colour coded will make it easy for me to find where the segments change when I come back to edit the reminder posts to provide direct links to the start of each segment. (That is, assuming the streams don't get zapped).

Oh, I don't like the wider version that appeared during skater #3, Atilla Arda ŞAHINOLANLAR (TUR). I hope that was just a temporary experiment that was done due to him having a longer name. (Wait until we get to skater #28 in the Junior Ladies SP, Sena Lidya BAYRAKTAROĞLU... :drama: )

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
45 minute dinner break now. Which should let me get most, if not all, of this morning's episode of "Quantum Leap" watched before we get underway again.

It's far too early for my dinner, though. It's only 10:30 here. :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We are back now for another Ladies marathon. 41 girls are entered at Junior level! :drama:

Livestream for the Junior Ladies SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 6h 12m 25s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cerYGh_6QJk&t=22345

https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG009.htm

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
One Dutch girl in an otherwise all-Turkish group.

And boys but she was happy with her result! :cheer:

We've got a similar situation coming up in Group 5, except there are 5 Turks going back-to-back at the start of the group before the sole foreigner, who is from Kyrgyzstan, comes on.

CaroLiza_fan