2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just had the first Kyrgyz skater, Zhasmin SHLAGA, who I remember liking when we saw her in the Junior GP Series. Although, when we last saw her, it was coming up to Hallowe'en, and this programme was timely. Now, coming up to Christmas, it seems a bit out of place.

Still enjoyed it though. And so do the Judges, as she goes into the lead.

Right, I'm going to be leaving for my dinner shortly. But, I'll hopefully get Christina JENSEN (NOR) fitted in beforehand.

I'll pause the stream, and then play catch-up from the top of the hour. And hopefully I'll be back live by the time my kid Stefania comes on later.

All the best to those still to skate.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just came back, and saw that Chiara HRISTOVA (BUL) is next to skate (although I won't be watching her for a while, as I'm playing catch-up).

I have liked this girl for a few years.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST CHIARA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just watched Chiara, and looked at her ISU Bio.

It was her 15th birthday on Monday.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

:cheer: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CHIARA!!! :cheer:

I hope she had an enjoyable day, and that the coming year is a good one for her, both on and off the ice.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I forgot - I meant to pass comment about the skater after Chiara, Amaliya SULAYMONOVA (UZB), having what looked to be one of the younger skaters sitting with her when she was getting her results.

Well, younger than her (Amaliya is 16). It might have been one of her Advanced Novice team-mates, or a younger Junior skater from another country. I don't know who she was.

EDIT: I just wound back, and found out that it was Varvara KOROTKOVA (UZB), who was first to skate after the first resurfacing today in the Advanced Novice SP. And Amaliya was sitting with her for her results.​

It was so lovely to see! :love:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oops! Ceren KARAŞ (TUR) slipped when she got to the top of the steps into the results area. She was very lucky she didn't fall, as she could have badly hurt herself.

She went into 7th position, splitting two skaters that had been together ever since they skated consecutively early on in the competition (well, strictly speaking, the Group 2 Warm-Up was between them).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, Aysima ERDEM (TUR) has withdrawn.

I was planning to ask when I reached her if anybody knew if she was related to 3-time Turkish Junior Champion Elif Erdem.

I liked Elif, but haven't heard of her for a long time. Has she retired?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, I'm caught up and ready to watch my kid's group LIVE.

OK, so I had to skip their Warm-Up. But, it was either that or skip Sofiia SHUBINA (KGZ). And I didn't want to miss anybody.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow. For a moment I thought Maurizio Zandron had sneaked into the Junior Ladies competition. :drama:

But, it was Selin UĞURAL (TUR).

Suffice to say, I heard the "Alice In Wonderland" music.

She went into 20th position.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Stefania was skating to an epic cover of "Sweet Dreams" and, although the first jump wasn't a sweet dream, the rest of the programme was.

She's not happy. As soon as she sat down, she put her head in her hands.

She looks very upset.

Did I miss something? It didn't look that bad to me.

When she first came to the results area, we saw her coach walking out of camera shot (along with SuperSimone). But then he came back and sat with Stefania. And he talked away to her. But, I don't think she was listening. Too upset.

She goes into 4th position, 0.66 points behind 3rd position, Fatma Yade KARLIKLI (TUR).

I know she won't agree, but I'll say this anyway:

:cheer: WELL DONE STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I only noticed there now when I looked at the bottom of the livescoring page: two of the withdrawals are Bulgarians with the same surname.

Are skater #13 Daniela NIKOLOVA and skater #35 Sophia NIKOLOVA maybe sisters?

EDIT: I think its safe to say that they are. I have just found a YouTube channel where ALL the videos are of the two of them. Suffice to say, I suspect the channel owner might just be their mother! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, on to ice resurfacing time. I agree with what @CaroLiza_fan said earlier about the ice resurfacing video, it's rather odd to be showcasing Russian skaters when they're banned from international competitions. :scratch2:

Can't wait for the junior men to start, I'm watching this competition primarily because I saw Dhiyab Aldarmaki on the entry list. Go Dhiyab (and everyone else too)!:cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And to finish the day, we stay with the Juniors but move from the girls to the chaos category! :devil:.

And there is a pretty decent number entered - 13 boys! But, the flip side of that is that it means I won't get them all watched LIVE.

Livestream for the Junior Men's SP is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 11h 46m 51s, and cuts off at the end of the Warm-Up):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cerYGh_6QJk&t=42411

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG007.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That's a good start. The first skater, Dhiyab ALDARMAKI (ARE), has withdrawn.

No hair admiration for us today. šŸ˜ž

CaroLiza_fan

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Definitely sad that Dhiyab withdrew. :(

Also kind of worried about Alp Tore Ovalioglu, the skater after him. He looked winded after he skated...

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, that's me bailing out now at the end of Group 1.

Like at dinner time, I will pause it. And hopefully I will be able to get back to it tonight.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Definitely sad that Dhiyab withdrew. :(

Also kind of worried about Alp Tore Ovalioglu, the skater after him. He looked winded after he skated...

My local skater Sam McAllister was like that after finishing his SP at the NRW Trophy last week. And he ended up withdrawing before the FS.

It was disappointing, especially given that he was lying in 3rd position after the SP. But I expected it. Health is more important.

CaroLiza_fan

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No ice resurfacing before this last group of young men? Oh my... šŸ˜²

yuumagical

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ooh, nice cantilever into a 2A (?) from Ege Ilter! And he goes into 4th place!