2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 Bosphorus Instanbul Cup

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No ice resurfacing before this last group of young men? Oh my... 😲

Yep, all day the resurfacings have been after every 3 groups. And I cannot understand that at all.

There were 21 skaters before the first resurfacing of the day! :eek:

This isn't just about ensuring a fair competition; this is a safety issue!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Good morning. I'm only just up, so apologies that this is being posted a couple of minutes late. But, I'm ready to start into the first marathon of the day. Same segment order as yesterday, except that the Junior Men are bumped to tomorrow.

Livestream for the Advanced Novice Ladies FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 25m 33s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUMnc1xAgY&t=1533

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpaten...ADVNOV----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/2022_BOSPHORUS/SEG016.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No ice resurfacing before this last group of young men? Oh my... 😲

Yep, all day the resurfacings have been after every 3 groups. And I cannot understand that at all.

There were 21 skaters before the first resurfacing of the day! :eek:

This isn't just about ensuring a fair competition; this is a safety issue!

CaroLiza_fan

Just as a follow-up, I am glad to see that for the Advanced Novice segments, we have reverted to having re-surfacings after every 2 groups. Although, we do have bigger groups than yesterday in the girls competition - 8 skaters per group rather than 7. For the boys, there are only 4 entries altogether.

However, for the Juniors, the first re-surfacing is after Group 3. But, after that, it is every 2 groups. For the first 5 groups, there are 5 skaters per group, and for the final 2 groups, there are 6 skaters per group.

I still don't like it. I prefer smaller groups and more frequent resurfacings. Even if it does make the day very long.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Awww. Larisa VOPILOVA (TKM) has a big massive flag with her. 🇹🇲

It's so big that it totally covers her and her coach! You can only see the 2 heads above it! :laugh:

I may be jumping to conclusions, but I take it Larisa is one of the older skaters in this competition (I can't find anything about her, or any of the other foreign skaters in this group). I wonder if she plans to do any Junior GP's next season. It would be nice to see Turkmenistan represented.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Poor Roza ŞİMŞEK (TUR). She missed a jump towards the end of her programme, and just stood around looking lost for a while. Then she go going again for the last wee bit of the programme.

When she sat down to wait for her results, I wasn't sure if she was crying or not. Since they moved the camera back to include both doors in the shot, it has made the skater smaller. But, she was visibly upset anyway.

:ghug:

No need to panic. You held onto your lead over the skaters that came before you.

Mmmm. The next skater, İlkim Çağla AKTAŞ (TUR), took so long to come out onto the ice that I thought she had withdrawn! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A very traditional Central Asian programme from the last foreign skater of the opening group, Diana KIM (KGZ). Which is somewhat ironic, as I am nearly sure that Diana is from Kyrgyzstan's Korean community.

Of course, this would be an appropriate moment to remember the most famous skater from Central Asia's Korean community, the much loved and much missed Denis TEN (KAZ).

Diana goes 3rd in the FS, which drops her to 2nd overall. But, she is not that far behind leader Roza ŞİMŞEK (TUR). Only 0.52 points.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hey, who pulled the plug on the main camera?! :mad:

After Bengisu YAÄžLIDERE (TUR) got her scores, we went back to the rinkside camera, and then the screen went black, but with the graphics still up. So, the director quickly switched back to the results area camera, where we saw Bengisu getting ready to leave.

Meanwhile, the music started for Nehir ALAN (TUR). Thankfully, we only missed a few seconds of the start of the programme, as we switched back to the rinkside camera quite quickly.

Yağlıdere went into 3rd in the FS and overall, but was immediately pushed down to 4th when Alan went into 2nd in the FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. I don't like skaters wearing costumes that are the same colour as the ice! Because it blends into the background too well, so that you just have what looks like a disembodied head floating around the arena.

Now that I've got that off my chest, Melissa YAVUZ (TUR) actually had an enjoyable programme.

She goes into 2nd in the FS and overall.

Defne SANAL (TUR) is having a good climb up the order. That is now 4 skaters she has leap-frogged.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow! Nil ÖZEK (TUR) has dropped WAAAYYYY down the order.

11th in the FS, which dropped her down to 10th overall.

Apart from Diana KIM (KGZ) in 7th, we now have an all Turkish Top 10 in the overall standings. But, with Özek being 11th in the FS, that has let Latifakhon SHOISAEVA (UZB) remain in the Top 10.

Hang on, now that Azra Irmak BIRGÃœL (TUR) has skated, things have changed. She goes into 2nd in the FS and overall, so we do now have an all Turkish Top 10 apart from Kim in both FS and overall.

And Defne SANAL (TUR) continues to lead. The slay count is now at 6.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow. It's taking a VERY long time for the scores for Arina NESKOROMNIKH (UZB) to come through.

Well, they have a lot to look at. Because that was not a great skate.

With 2 points of deductions, it is not a surprise that she drops WAAAYYYY down the order too. In fact, she slots into 12th in the FS, just 0.50 points above Nil ÖZEK (TUR). And overall, she goes into 10th position, 2 positions above Özek, but only 0.01 points ahead of İlkim Çağla AKTAŞ (TUR).

So, going into breakfast, I mean the re-surfacing, Defne SANAL (TUR) still leads. The slay count is now at 7.

Will she continue her climb? Find out after the break!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, I didn't get back in time for the start of the Warm-Up. But, I have wound back because I am going to be running behind anyway as I will be popping in and out to make a couple of slices of toast.

That's the problem with there being no withdrawals so far and, hence, the resurfacings not being extended. I only had time to have my cereal during the break today.

Let's see if Sanal's slay count continues!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry @norwegianfairytale , but Taisia RUMYANTSEVA (NOR) has become the latest victim of Defne Sanal's climb up the order.

To be honest, apart from the fall, I didn't see much wrong with it. But, she drops down to 7th in the FS, and 7th overall.

Sanal slay count: 8

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Although she didn't fall, that was a pretty messy skate from Buse SEZERER (TUR). The fact that she tripped getting up from her closing pose just sums up the programme.

She goes 2 positions below Rumyantseva in the FS, but 1 position ahead of her overall.

Sanal slay count: 9

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was actually very good from Alia SUVARIEVA (BUL).

Can it be? Do we actually have a new leader?

We do! Well, we do overall. Sanal still leads the FS.

Now that we have a new leader, I am going to stop these regular updates, because I am getting too far behind now to be looking at the livescoring page without seeing spoilers.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Erm, the sound disappeared just as Suvarieva was getting her scores, and it didn't come back for the next skater.

I've no idea what Kalina STOYANOVA (BUL) was skating to, but she had a pretty messy moment in the middle of her programme. It resulted in a double hands down, and then a pause to catch up with her music.

Nevertheless, she takes the overall lead, presumably thanks to her advantage from the SP.

Still no sound for the next skater, our third Bulgarian in a row, Violeta DINEVA.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As with her team-mate that went before her, I have no idea what Violeta DINEVA (BUL) was skating to. But, I loved her dress! :love:

All black, with flames on the skirt area. 🔥

She goes into the overall lead.

Yay!!! The sound came back when Violeta was waiting for her scores!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Hang on, it's breaking up. And it's gone again.

No, it's back.

Just in time to find out that the next skater, Tuana AKIN (TUR), has a fan located very close to the rink camera! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Esma ÖKTEM (TUR) also has a fan close to the rink camera. But, the sound disappeared again when she went into the area to get her scores.

Sound came back momentarily shortly early into the programme of Duru ÇİMEN (TUR), but for the most part she was skating to the sound of silence.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, I'm currently at the Group 4 Warm-Up. So, I took the opportunity to opened the stream in another window to see if the sound was back yet.

It isn't.

So, now that I know that the sound is gone for a prolonged period, I've decided to put on the radio, so that I am not watching in silence.

As a result, the skaters are doing their Warm-Up to "There Stands The Glass" by Van Morrisson.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Elif UÄžURAL (TUR) ended up skating to "Stranger On The Shore" by Roger Whittaker. And it actually looked alright, except the music finished a good 30 seconds before she did. :p

She had an awkward looking fall in the middle of the programme.

I didn't realise that there was a balcony above the results area until somebody dropped a cuddly toy down to Elif from it!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Deniz TARIM (TUR) started off skating to "When Two Worlds Collide" by Chas & Dave. Except I didn't think to pause the music until she actually started skating, which resulted in most of the second half of her programme being skated to Sean Coyle talking! :palmf:

The sound came back when she went into the results area. :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Let's hope it stays for the rest of the day.

Not least because the next song on the show is "The Mountains Of Mourne" by Daniel O’Donnell. And I don't particularly want to see somebody skating to Daniel.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: