2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Women's Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2022 Canadian Nationals: Senior Women's Short Program

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Too bad about the combo (I feel like I have said that for everyone in this final flight, save for Maddie!) - She was close! I don't love this program for Emily, even though she does her best with it. Like Amber Glenn, Emily seems to use snoozy ballads, whereas I feel like more powerful music would be a better fit for both.

Sackie

Medalist
After seeing the skating here in the short I am kind of glad that Maddie did not gain a 2nd spot for Canada for worlds. We really have no one ready to step up on the world scene accept Maddie. Let's just hope Maddie stays safe and sound for the rest of the year. At this point I am not even sure we have any other skaters who could even make the free skate.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So far I don't see a CBC.ca video for Maddy's SP, but Radio-Canada (the French CBC) did upload her performance on their YouTube channel.

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doing double duty with CAN and US Nats :) Hope everyone is enjoying the Mixed zone comments!

Here are some from the top Women!

Nat Champ in 2020 #EmilyBausback Re combo: I got a little too excited after the landing but I picked up after the fall Re making the Olympics: I would have to skate completely clean and do everything thing with a bunch more GOES and skate with a lot of passion tomorrow

Following her SP, #AlisonSchumacher said: I was a little shaky on my two triples. Happy I secured my spot in the last group. Tomorrow, I just have to feel the ice like on the practices and just take chances and trust my training.

National bronze medalist in 2020, #MadelineSchizas after her clean SP skate: I am really happy with my skate. My plan tomorrow is to stick to our regular plan. We have kept the same jump lay out and I will skate the way I do in practice.

Twice Canadian Champion #GabrielleDaleman who struggled to land a triple-double combination and fell on the Lutz in the SP said: That was really bad and not what I have been doing in practice. It’s sport and stuff wasn’t there and I am really disappointed in myself.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Can anyone tell if they are archiving any of the streams? I was hoping to watch later since so many of the events conflict with US nationals.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada