2022 Challenge Cup | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2022 Challenge Cup

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"On top of the world. A different dimension..."

Appropriate words to come over the tannoy when the arena music started at the end of that programme.

No question, Karina and Nikita have won. The question is by how much.

FORTY POINTS???!!! :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Podium Ceremonies starting now.

I'm going to be a bit late, as I'm finishing off Rino Matsuike's FS.

CaroLiza_fan

LadyB

Record Breaker
Well done, Karina and Nikita!!! :love::love::love::love::love:
@CaroLiza_fan you're right, of course. Michel is from Groningen. Sorry, my mistake, for some reason I had Tilburg in my head.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well done, Karina and Nikita!!! :love::love::love::love::love:
@CaroLiza_fan you're right, of course. Michel is from Groningen. Sorry, my mistake, for some reason I had Tilburg in my head.

No need to apologise - at least you had something in your head. I didn't know where any of them were from, so I had to look them up.

The two Dutch skaters in the Ladies went back-to-back, and it was noticable that Lindsay van Zundert got bigger cheers than Niki Wories. So I went investigating, and it turned out that Lindsay was a local.

When the same thing happened in the Pairs, I wondered if it was a similar situation. But, it wasn't.

It's amazing what you can learn just from getting curious about cheers! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know. They were (or still are?) Mozer Team affiliates. So, I'm always on their side by default. ;)

With all these rumours about Tamara Moskvina and possibly Alexei Mishin retiring, I was starting to wonder if Nina Mozer might be getting the same idea. And I got a shock - she's only 57! She's been coaching for so long that I just assumed she was older.

Well, if she sticks around for as long as Moskvina and Mishin, we will be enjoying watching skaters coached by her for many, many years to come. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Finland's FS association should really think would it be better to send somebody else than Jenni to Worlds. She has not even reached the TES minimums during this season not a single time, while Oona has done it (51+) several times and also Linnea Ceder, who is second on the list, has done it couple of times, I think. Her TES is from last season. There is an option in the criterions to check the skaters condition, I just checked Linnea has had also good nerves in tight situation, she it at best when the pressure is on. She won FS on nationals and got silver and did good job at her first Euros. Jenni is leading in scores because of better PCSs.

LadyB

Record Breaker
With all these rumours about Tamara Moskvina and possibly Alexei Mishin retiring, I was starting to wonder if Nina Mozer might be getting the same idea. And I got a shock - she's only 57! She's been coaching for so long that I just assumed she was older.

Well, if she sticks around for as long as Moskvina and Mishin, we will be enjoying watching skaters coached by her for many, many years to come. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan
I hope Nina is with us for a long time to come, although she takes things a bit more easy after various operations.
Then again, she has secured a long future for the Mozer brand by putting in place an amazing team of coaches and choreographers. I ain't worried about my babes yet.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It's strange, Dmitry skates at De Uithof in The Hague, and so does Nika now, and yet Michel and Daria get the biggest applaus from the Tilburgian crowd.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Awwww. After all 6 podium ceremonies were done, they had a combined ceremony for the Dutch Championships, when the national anthem played for the medallists from all 3 categories. So we had:

• four skaters standing at the number 1
  • four skaters standing at number 2
  • one skater standing at number 3

BUT, so that Isabella Smit wasn't standing all on her own, the skaters brought the numbers closer so that they were all standing together in one big group! :love:

What a lovely idea! It would be lovely to see that at other competitions.

So glad that the stream lasted long enough for me to see it.

CaroLiza_fan