2022 Europeans: Men's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 Europeans: Men's Short Program

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn’t realize this was starting so soon—doesn’t it usually coincide with the weekend a bit more?

Looking forward to it though, that men’s lineup seems unusually entertaining. Kolyada has chosen to skip, I assume?
Larry L and Tabitha’s favorite Gabriele. My son Adam Hagara, Deniss..we don’t need no stinkin Kolyada😂😂

Alas, I will not be here at 3 am. Will be here for pairs.

Xorasy

Rinkside
Nikolay Majorov WD...does anyone know the reason?
Skate Sweden said he tested positive for covid, he has no symptoms and tested negative before traveling.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Skate Sweden said he tested positive for covid, he has no symptoms and tested negative before traveling.

Oh no! Now the Swedish Olympic Committee really won't consider him for the Olympics despite having earned a spot. :(

When do the Swedish Olympic Committee have to say if they're sending skaters? Because the next skaters in line to take Sweden's spots would probably appreciate knowing!

Country
Norway
In exciting news for us Aussies though, SBS Australia is streaming the Euros (they waited for until the last minute because when I looked a few hours ago there was no indication they would).

Link here: https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/vid...u-european-figure-skating-championships-day-1

It starts in 40 minutes :biggrin:
How interesting, thanks for the link! I´m wondering if it will be geoblocked or if it will work in Norway, it´s not blocked yet. It would be nice if I didn´t need to use VPN for the YouTube-stream, I might watch the Aussie stream :D (I´m not going to buy Viaplay Sport to watch)

Edit: Ok, it´s says it´s geoblocked, well it was worth a try

Xorasy

Rinkside
Oh no! Now the Swedish Olympic Committee really won't consider him for the Olympics despite having earned a spot. :(

When do the Swedish Olympic Committee have to say if they're sending skaters? Because the next skaters in line to take Sweden's spots would probably appreciate knowing!
On the Swedish Olympic Committee's website, they say that the qualifications will end on the 22nd of January, so I'm guessing that's the last day.

But they also said that the deadline for submitting the team is on the 3d of February so who knows when we'll actually know if they're going.🤷‍♀️

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
How interesting, thanks for the link! I´m wondering if it will be geoblocked or if it will work in Norway, it´s not blocked yet. It would be nice if I didn´t need to use VPN for the YouTube-stream, I might watch the Aussie stream :D (I´m not going to buy Viaplay Sport to watch)

Edit: Ok, it´s says it´s geoblocked, well it was worth a try
i guess our chinese friends will help us

Country
Norway
On the Swedish Olympic Committee's website, they say that the qualifications will end on the 22nd of January, so I'm guessing that's the last day.
You know, he most likely wouldn´t got it, he has tried all season, but it´s very sad that he didn´t get to get his lat chance. He probably prepared himself the best he could, travelled all the way to Tallinn :( That most be so heartbreaking.

Xorasy

Rinkside
You know, he most likely wouldn´t got it, he has tried all season, but it´s very sad that he didn´t get to get his lat chance. He probably prepared himself the best he could, travelled all the way to Tallinn :( That most be so heartbreaking.
I'm crossing my fingers that skate Sweden can convince SOK. We have people in both the biathlon and cross country team who haven't placed top 8 individually this year (or ever I believe) but still got a spot because they potentially could be used in the team events. Don't think it'll happen though 😞.

Country
Norway
intresting, what about Josefin? Did they travel together with Nikolai to Tallinn? When did they arrive? Have they been in trainings...probably yes, so it means Nikolai has been everywhere where other could get it now also :( of course its not his fault but litte bit concerning situation.
I have been asking the same question in the general thread and I´m worry about this too. I think it´s likely they travelled together but I hope not and in case I hope she has masked up. And yes, I believed he has been in practice until now so this is concerning, unfortunately I have seen a lot of skaters on social media not wearing mask in warm up areas outside ice (but in the arena) :( Awwwh this season is cursed.

Xorasy

Rinkside
intresting, what about Josefin? Did they travel together with Nikolai to Tallinn? When did they arrive? Have they been in trainings...probably yes, so it means Nikolai has been everywhere where other could get it now also :( of course its not his fault but litte bit concerning situation.
I haven't seen any source that has mentioned them traveling together (or when?, but I think it's very likely that they did. Really hoping no one else got it.

Country
Norway
I'm crossing my fingers that skate Sweden can convince SOK. We have people in both the biathlon and cross country team who haven't placed top 8 individually this year (or ever I believe) but still got a spot because they potentially could be used in the team events. Don't think it'll happen though 😞.
I said it before, Nikolaj is welcome to switch country to Norway if he Sweden decides to treat him like trash, i´m sure Norway would be happy send him with his results :ROFLMAO:

I know it´s to late now, but if they are going to stick with those crazy requirements in 4 years as well he better be looking at a country switch.

Xorasy

Rinkside
I said it before, Nikolaj is welcome to switch country to Norway if he Sweden decides to treat him like trash, i´m sure Norway would be happy send him with his results :ROFLMAO:

I know it´s to late now, but if they are going to stick with those crazy requirements in 4 years as well he better be looking at a country switch.
There has fortunately been discussions the last few weeks about changing the requirements for the next Olympics 🤞