2022 Grand Prix de France Women's Free Skate | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2022 Grand Prix de France Women's Free Skate

noskates

Record Breaker
Another splat fest. What's going on? This isn't early season anymore, is it? The one positive for me, besides Loena's skate, was the beautiful dresses that the Japanese and Korean ladies wore. Just beautiful.

Zora

On the Ice
(y) for Rion for having the best music and costume, even though it could have been performed better, and (y) for Loena for being fabulous. But most skaters had so bland music choices and programs... The Korean skaters, it's puzzling how they always have the most sparkling costumes, yet the dullest programs, but Mana was right behind with her music choice. Audrey's program wasn't much better, but at least she was trying to sell it with her facial expressions. Loena works much better for me with her high energy programs.

hermine17

Final Flight
Congratulations to the birthday girl! Loena was so solid and confident.

And congratulations to my darling Rion!

Reactions: Myr

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Sorry if y'all discussed this, but did you think the filming/editing was a bit off? I dont like looking down on skaters and the shots were too far away in any case for most of the skating.....
Hugs to Mana, Audrey, want to see you live at nats.....the expression on Yelim's face when she saw she got silver :)....Most enjoyable performance was my Happy Haein.....love the music and the cuts and the way you interpret it...
We survived a rough night. still have power where 20,000 lost theirs. 105 mph on Rattlesnake ridge....54mph in Spokane. 10 more MPH and things could have been much different. (Wind loading is geometric, not arithmetic. Drive your car at 50 mph and see what kind of gas milage you get...then drive it at 100.......)

Andrea82

Medalist
I see the glittering podium is alive and kicking

isu-grand-prix-of-figure-skating-grand-prix-de-france.jpg

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
Another splat fest. What's going on? This isn't early season anymore, is it? The one positive for me, besides Loena's skate, was the beautiful dresses that the Japanese and Korean ladies wore. Just beautiful.

I feel like we have been given a sh*t deal.
Instead if one good GP series we have 2 mediocre ones.

mrrice

Record Breaker
You know, I wish that any skater that has a problem with underrotated jumps would head out to Colorado and spend some time with Tom Zakrajsek. Look, I know he may not be for everyone but, skaters learn great jump technique there. I remember seeing Agnes Zawadzki at Skate Canada. I didn't love her programs but she could jump higher than any lady I have ever seen. I have seen a lot of ladies skate live but, I'm telling you, maybe it was her height but, her jumps looked huge! She didn't have the best skate but, she was amazing during the warm up.

mskater93

Record Breaker
You know, I wish that any skater that has a problem with underrotated jumps would head out to Colorado and spend some time with Tom Zakrajsek. Look, I know he may not be for everyone but, skaters learn great jump technique there. I remember seeing Agnes Zawadzki at Skate Canada. I didn't love her programs but she could jump higher than any lady I have ever seen. I have seen a lot of ladies skate live but, I'm telling you, maybe it was her height but, her jumps looked huge! She didn't have the best skate but, she was amazing during the warm up.
Agnes originally learned to jump from David Santee. She had most of her triples and VERY solid technique before going to CO

mrrice

Record Breaker
Agnes originally learned to jump from David Santee. She had most of her triples and VERY solid technique before going to CO
Really....Well, maybe Agnes and her coach should give him a call. Agnes had big, beautiful jumps. Audrey has so much potential, and I'd hate to see her miss out on medals due to this problem.