2022 JGP Solidarity Cup Men's Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Solidarity Cup Men's Free Skate

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
So… apparently neither Broussard nor Chen have second stage. 🤷‍♀️ There goes wasted points.
I mean, I understand Yudong Chen (China only had two spots on the JGP circuit due to not participating in Jr Worlds last season (very stupid decision, even just having a skater there would have given them at least 3 spots, so they could have sent Yudong twice)), but the USA has spots and could certainly give Lucas Broussard a second assignment.

(Side note, it's a shame for Yudong that his federation has screwed him over like this, he certainly would have had a very good shot at the JGPF and a podium finish there. I understand wanting to send multiple skaters out to gain experience and JWC minimums, but I don't understand not sending anyone out to Junior Worlds, full well knowing that this will severely limit the number of skaters who can compete the following season. You can always give up additional spots, but you can't gain additional spots unless you already have one of the larger numbers of allocated entries.
And if we're at it, I hope China sends Yudong to any other junior competition because he actually doesn't have the SP TES minimum for Jr Worlds)

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I mean, I understand Yudong Chen (China only had two spots on the JGP circuit due to not participating in Jr Worlds last season (very stupid decision, even just having a skater there would have given them at least 3 spots, so they could have sent Yudong twice)), but the USA has spots and could certainly give Lucas Broussard a second assignment.

(Side note, it's a shame for Yudong that his federation has screwed him over like this, he certainly would have had a very good shot at the JGPF and a podium finish there. I understand wanting to send multiple skaters out to gain experience and JWC minimums, but I don't understand not sending anyone out to Junior Worlds, full well knowing that this will severely limit the number of skaters who can compete the following season. You can always give up additional spots, but you can't gain additional spots unless you already have one of the larger numbers of allocated entries.
And if we're at it, I hope China sends Yudong to any other junior competition because he actually doesn't have the SP TES minimum for Jr Worlds)
Omg, you are right. He didn’t get TES… poor guy. 🙏 he gets second slot. I mean, there are like 30 of the, already, what’s 31?