2022 NHK Trophy: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 NHK Trophy: Info and Pre-game Chat

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the time conventor (also all the earlier conventors too, but this time I can watch comps from time zone which differs from European). The earliest comp. starts about 5 a.m my country's time, not bad as I am usually an "early bird". Lay off from work on Fridays, but no problems to know what do.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I am so excited! Just signed up for NHK On Demand (unfortunately, the whole site seems to be Japanese only) using my VPN set to Japan. The time difference is only +4hrs for me, but it can mean late nights, which doesn't work too well when you have dogs, so I might watch some of it live and some of it on demand. I want to watch everything, but especially men and ice dance (and in fact pairs and women....lol)

Paz

Rinkside
2022 Grand Prix Japan Schedule Pacific Standard time. If you see an error, please let me know

EVENtDATE
TIME​
Pairs Short7:30p PST Thursday November 17
10:30pm​
Women's Short9:15p PST Thursday November 17
12:15am​
Rhythm Dance11:15p PST Thusday November 17
2:15am​
Men's Short2:00 a PST Friday November 18
5am​
Pairs Free7:00 p PST Friday November 18
10pm​
Free Dance11:50 p PST Friday November 18
2:50am​
Men's Free2:30 a PST Saturday November 19
5:30am​
Women's Free8:50 p PST Saturday November 19
11:50pm​
Please follow the official schedule:

Your problem seems to be in Day/Night 2.
Eastern US late Friday night, into Sat morn:
P LP. 10-11:20 pm
W LP. 11:50pm-1:40am
D FD. 2:50am-4:25am
M LP. 5:30am-7:20am

Sackie

Medalist
Have a feeling Green and Parsons will make a big leap here form their 1st event and place 2nd. They are currently looking like USA # 3 and as such will be going to worlds so they need to score well to put them solidly in the top 10 for worlds. 2nd place here would put them ahead of FB/S and will put them ahead of LaLa in the GP standings.

Weathergal

Medalist
If you want a concise summary of every potential finalist in the women's GP and where they stand, here it is. They're listed in descending order by their highest potential final rank (ordered by max points possible, then by max # of wins possible, then by current combined score).

Current Points​
Current Wins​
Max Points Possible​
Max Wins Possible​
Combined Score​
Remaining GP​
Sakamoto​
15​
1​
30​
2​
217.61​
JPN​
Mihara​
15​
1​
30​
2​
217.43​
FIN​
Hendrickx​
15​
1​
30​
2​
216.34​
FIN​
Watanabe​
15​
1​
30​
2​
197.59​
JPN​
Kiibus​
0​
0​
30​
2​
0​
JPN, FIN​
Kim​
13​
0​
28​
1​
194.76​
JPN​
Andrews​
13​
0​
28​
1​
191.26​
JPN​
Glenn​
11​
0​
26​
1​
197.61​
JPN​
Sumiyoshi​
11​
0​
26​
1​
194.34​
JPN​
Gubanova​
11​
0​
26​
1​
193.11​
FIN​
Levito​
26​
0​
26​
0​
422.4​
N/A​
Ha! I love your screen name!

Thanks for all your work on this and welcome to Golden Skate! Post long and post often!

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The REWATCH 2022-2023 NHK Trophy thread will be found here:

Country
United-States
Ha! I love your screen name!

Thanks for all your work on this and welcome to Golden Skate! Post long and post often!
Thanks! I wanted to make my avatar Michael Scarn on ice skates, but I either can't make an avatar yet or haven't figured out how.

And stuff like this isn't work for me. I'm very analytical, and I do this kind of thing all the time when watching sports, even when I'm not posting on a forum. 538 is my go-to place for reading about sports; too bad they don't have more figure skating coverage.

To introduce myself, I'm kind of a casual fan who didn't follow skating in non-Olympic years until recently. I follow women's and sometimes men's. Pairs is OK but not my thing, and ice dancing is maybe my least favorite Winter Olympic event (but to each their own). I started lurking here back in the spring when I was looking for info about the doping scandal.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks! I wanted to make my avatar Michael Scarn on ice skates, but I either can't make an avatar yet or haven't figured out how.

And stuff like this isn't work for me. I'm very analytical, and I do this kind of thing all the time when watching sports, even when I'm not posting on a forum. 538 is my go-to place for reading about sports; too bad they don't have more figure skating coverage.

To introduce myself, I'm kind of a casual fan who didn't follow skating in non-Olympic years until recently. I follow women's and sometimes men's. Pairs is OK but not my thing, and ice dancing is maybe my least favorite Winter Olympic event (but to each their own). I started lurking here back in the spring when I was looking for info about the doping scandal.
I believe you would have to upload an image to use as your avatar from your profile page. Whether you create that image yourself or download it from the internet is up to you. 😉

As a fan of men's events, would it be possible for you to create a similar table for the men?

I also started out as a casual fan, only watching events when they were on TV (though this occurred even in non-Olympic years) until the men's event at the 2018 Olympics made me want to go see a live skating event (the post-Olympic 2018 Grand Prix Final) and I somehow ended up here eventually. 😆

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Welcome! I admit I had to look up Michael Scarn. :) (yes I live 60 miles from Scranton. No, I have never watched the most famous show set in Scranton.)

You need ten posts to upload an avatar, the information is here:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Have a feeling Green and Parsons will make a big leap here form their 1st event and place 2nd. They are currently looking like USA # 3 and as such will be going to worlds so they need to score well to put them solidly in the top 10 for worlds. 2nd place here would put them ahead of FB/S and will put them ahead of LaLa in the GP standings.
FB/S have been looking strong so far this season though, and Michael and Caroline haven’t been as solid as they were this time last season (which is totally understandable since they’re in a new coaching situation). I think it would take mistakes from the CanaDanes for them to swap places this week, though that is not impossible. I’m actually wondering if Chock/Bates are within reach— after Skate America they need a commanding performance here to solidify themselves against the Italians at GPF and potentially also against Hawayek/Baker who nearly caught them for the very first time.

I also think R/A are not to be counted out for bronze here.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am so excited! Just signed up for NHK On Demand (unfortunately, the whole site seems to be Japanese only) using my VPN set to Japan. The time difference is only +4hrs for me, but it can mean late nights, which doesn't work too well when you have dogs, so I might watch some of it live and some of it on demand. I want to watch everything, but especially men and ice dance (and in fact pairs and women....lol)
Actually, dogs and spouces just fall asleep so they are no issue.....
"Wanted: wife and puppy who like to watch figure skating on 54 in big screen TV. Send pic of puppy and TV"
Barb and puppy.jpg

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Please follow the official schedule:

Your problem seems to be in Day/Night 2.
Eastern US late Friday night, into Sat morn:
P LP. 10-11:20 pm
W LP. 11:50pm-1:40am
D FD. 2:50am-4:25am
M LP. 5:30am-7:20am
Thanks! My bad. I stupidly thought NBC would put events in chronological order. I used a time zone converter to make sure. I put numbers by events to show their true order.
My only defense is I can not print out the color time sheet you referenced. I have now found an adjustment to let me do that.

Last edited:
Country
United-States
I believe you would have to upload an image to use as your avatar from your profile page. Whether you create that image yourself or download it from the internet is up to you. 😉

As a fan of men's events, would it be possible for you to create a similar table for the men?

I also started out as a casual fan, only watching events when they were on TV (though this occurred even in non-Olympic years) until the men's event at the 2018 Olympics made me want to go see a live skating event (the post-Olympic 2018 Grand Prix Final) and I somehow ended up here eventually. 😆
Here you go. I think this looks right.

Current Points​
Current Wins​
Max Points Possible​
Max Wins Possible​
Combined Score​
Remaining GP​
Malinin​
15​
1​
30​
2​
280.37​
FIN​
Uno​
15​
1​
30​
2​
273.15​
JPN​
Siao Him Fa​
15​
1​
30​
2​
268.98​
JPN​
Yamamoto​
13​
0​
28​
1​
257.9​
JPN​
Jun-hwan​
11​
0​
26​
1​
264.05​
JPN​
Rizzo​
11​
0​
26​
1​
251.03​
JPN​
Sato​
11​
0​
26​
1​
249.03​
FIN​
Tomono​
11​
0​
26​
1​
248.77​
JPN​
Miura​
26​
0​
26​
0​
538.48​
N/A​
Grassl​
24​
1​
24​
1​
522.03​
N/A​
Messing​
9​
0​
24​
1​
250.72​
FIN​

Last edited:

pesto

On the Ice
Oh boo. I have a soft spot for Hocke and Kunkel, and thought they were finally getting it together, after a difficult couple of years.