2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Women's Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Women's Free Skate

mrrice

Record Breaker
It looks like one of the medal winning teams from the Team Event might be disqualified.

Does this mean that the Russian team will be disqualified. Have they mentioned when the final decision will be made

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Again, you don't get extra GOE for having the best speed and flow. That would go to SS in PCS. GOE you only have to satisfy the bullet points.

That's not how actual judging is supposed to work. The bullet points are guidelines that are supposed to frame the judge's opinion, they aren't a robotic checklist. Jumping bigger with more speed and flow should absolutely be reflected in the GOE.

If you showed the the take off at 1/2 turn complete (with pre-rotation) that means the actual takeoff occurred with her back to the wall. Meaning she should have landed with her back to the wall. It looks to me like she landed right on the quarter.

Her skate is clearly more than 1/4 past the takeoff point. If she landed "on the quarter" then it would be facing the side board of the rink, but you can see in the picture it's pointing more forwards than that.

Joekaz

On the Ice
That's not how actual judging is supposed to work. The bullet points are guidelines that are supposed to frame the judge's opinion, they aren't a robotic checklist. Jumping bigger with more speed and flow should absolutely be reflected in the GOE.

Her skate is clearly more than 1/4 past the takeoff point. If she landed "on the quarter" then it would be facing the side board of the rink, but you can see in the picture it's pointing more forwards than that.
I think you need to actually read the judging rules and guidelines. What you said is the exact opposite of what they say. What you are describing is basically the 6.0 system. Now, what you say does occur often with the judges in actual practice, however. But, as with many things the judges do, that isn't the way it is supposed to work.

Last edited:

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Ridiculous PCS for Trusova. The stingy panel managed to give a "q" to a 3a that was on the border of being downgraded. I am disgusted.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Did Sasha stubbornly doing the triple Axel in the SP cost her the Olympic championship?

I just feel for the girls they have to be devastated in different ways.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Did Sasha stubbornly doing the triple Axel in the SP cost her the Olympic championship?

I just feel for the girls they have to be devastated in different ways.
It cost her about 3 points and some PCs, compared to a solid 2A. Might have still lost though. But her 2A+3T turn out also cost her quite a few points too compared to a clean combo.