2022 Philadelphia Summer International | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2022 Philadelphia Summer International

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It’s interesting that I can’t hear it, but at the end people were stomping their feet on the bleachers. She’s the only one they did that for❤️

Although I was the only one giving a standing ovation. I will stand for Gracie anytime.

I was waking by when almost everyone was gone and a lady was telling Gracie how great she was. I said “not just because of her skating either.” Big smile from her. 😀😀

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Long program with extra delighted utterances.

Thanks so much for sharing. She did look tired at the end, but she did amazingly well. I was impressed to see her keep focus when the gloves fell down her arms! Man, if she would have done one more combo, even a single jump she would have had the minimum for World’s. Either way, I can’t wait to see what she looks like further into the season. @moonvine I hope you are getting some rest!

ETA - I love the dress but wonder if it’s an old dress. Didn’t she wear a red one that was exactly the same back in 2014 for her short (when she switched programs right before Nationals)?

Last edited:

AlysonH

Spectator
First group of men are done. Darian won my heart and the heart of the audience. The judges not so much. Dreadful emo music Canadian is in 1st. 2nd group warming up. I have videos of them all. To be posted later.
I love reading your commentary of the competitions in USA and really appreciate the support you are showing my son Darian. It really means the world to me that he has people who follow him for his skating.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks so much for sharing. She did look tired at the end, but she did amazingly well. I was impressed to see her keep focus when the gloves fell down her arms! Man, if she would have done one more combo, even a single jump she would have had the minimum for World’s. Either way, I can’t wait to see what she looks like further into the season. @moonvine I hope you are getting some rest!

ETA - I love the dress but wonder if it’s an old dress. Didn’t she wear a red one that was exactly the same back in 2014 for her short (when she switched programs right before Nationals)?
I just got done eating a Grubhub cheesesteak. See @Seven Sisters i ate something. Now I’m lying here thinking about packing. Ugh.

I have a 12 hour layover in Chicago. Help me Lord.

You think she dyed it?? The dress? I think she may end up ditching the gloves, Maybe they don’t fit quite correctly? They should not be falling down.

So, this is her first International medal since 2015 WTT??? Could that possibly be correct?

What does she have to do to get her Team USA jacket back? I mean I doubt they come and physically repossess it, but I guess she’s not currently entitled to wear it?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love reading your commentary of the competitions in USA and really appreciate the support you are showing my son Darian. It really means the world to me that he has people who follow him for his skating.
Oh wow you’re really his mom? How cool! He caught my eye back in this comp in 2019 when he was a junior. His jumps are so big! And that Aladdin program I love. I started a fan thread for him back then but it doesn’t have too much in it as I didn’t hear much about him during Covid. I guess Australia was really locked down.

I waved the Aussie flag for him too!❤️

AlysonH

Spectator
Oh wow you’re really his mom? How cool! He caught my eye back in this comp in 2019 when he was a junior. His jumps are so big! And that Aladdin program I love. I started a fan thread for him back then but it doesn’t have too much in it as I didn’t hear much about him during Covid. I guess Australia was really locked down.

I waved the Aussie flag for him too!❤️
Yes I am. Australia was completely locked down during Covid. Just for him to compete last year in France and Ukraine the amount of red tape we had to go through from getting exemptions to leave the country, only being able to purchase the return portion of flights in Business Class, states locking down from other states plus when we had lockdown within Brisbane itself it was chaotic.

I’m glad we have some normalcy now and Darian is back to competing overseas as he loves to do. He will be at Cranberry next week than SEA Trophy in Singapore in early September so he is now back in his element.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes I am. Australia was completely locked down during Covid. Just for him to compete last year in France and Ukraine the amount of red tape we had to go through from getting exemptions to leave the country, only being able to purchase the return portion of flights in Business Class, states locking down from other states plus when we had lockdown within Brisbane itself it was chaotic.

I’m glad we have some normalcy now and Darian is back to competing overseas as he loves to do. He will be at Cranberry next week than SEA Trophy in Singapore in early September so he is now back in his element.
Oh it’s so nice to virtually meet you. I thought he might go to Cranberry- it’s a long trip for one comp. I wish I could be there. He will LOvE skating there. It is an incredible facility!😀

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just finished watching the three top SP skates. American Ladies Figure skating is looking promising.

Gracie - Wow! She skated clean. That 3Lz 3T combo was huge. However, I really dislike the program. I just hate that music. She also seems to lose a lot of points on her spins. I think most were rated 3/4. Let’s see how she does in the free skate. Last year, she always fell apart in the second segment. Her endurance usually drops off after three jump elements and she forgets combos. I’m hoping for a 120+ skate tmrw. That would put her in a solid standing for a future WC to SA.

Lindsay - Her jumps are so big. She is my favourite American. Solid skater.

Isabeau - I liked her program the best and that 3Lz 3Lo combo in the second half was solid.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just finished watching the three top SP skates. American Ladies Figure skating is looking promising.

Gracie - Wow! She skated clean. That 3Lz 3T combo was huge. However, I really dislike the program. I just hate that music. She also seems to lose a lot of points on her spins. I think most were rated 3/4. Let’s see how she does in the free skate. Last year, she always fell apart in the second segment. Her endurance usually drops off after three jump elements and she forgets combos. I’m hoping for a 120+ skate tmrw. That would put her in a solid standing for a future WC to SA.

Lindsay - Her jumps are so big. She is my favourite American. Solid skater.

Isabeau - I liked her program the best and that 3Lz 3Lo combo in the second half was solid.
She did great in the FS. I think you are a day behind maybe?😀. Ok maybe “great” is a bit much but very good at least!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Alyson, thank you for stopping in and posting, please visit us again.

I also love to watch Darian skate. I saw him in 2019 at the Philly comp and he was so energetic and fun. Please let him know that he has skating fans around the world, and particularly here in the states. :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thoughts on viewing the top women:

I was afraid that Gracie would be reduced to a sideshow, but that's flatly not an issue. She needs to increase her stamina, but that can be said about many this early in the season. She brings something to the ice that the others don't have in terms of presence and maturity. I am really intrigued about her journey this season. I try not to get caught up in backstory, but it's hard not to root for her.

Isabeau has matured, too. It shows more in this LP than the short. I think she brought more to the program in terms of being in tune with the music. A very nice performance.

Lindsay is the strongest technician, and I've not given her credit for her excellent spins. She needs new music, I almost drifted off. There's no kind way to say it - it was boring.

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
I just got done eating a Grubhub cheesesteak. See @Seven Sisters i ate something. Now I’m lying here thinking about packing. Ugh.

I have a 12 hour layover in Chicago. Help me Lord.

You think she dyed it?? The dress? I think she may end up ditching the gloves, Maybe they don’t fit quite correctly? They should not be falling down.

So, this is her first International medal since 2015 WTT??? Could that possibly be correct?

What does she have to do to get her Team USA jacket back? I mean I doubt they come and physically repossess it, but I guess she’s not currently entitled to wear it?
Oh man, any chance you could get an earlier flight/train (not sure how you are traveling)?
I doubt she dyed it, my completely uninformed guess is that the dress was made in 2 colors and she chose to wear the red and this one has been sitting. But it could also be that they remade the red one into a blue for this season, but that doesn’t seem super likely. Who knows?
I have no idea about international medals, but either way she should be very proud of herself.
I don’t know about Team USA jackets except as far as I have always known you get to keep your jacket once you “earn” it. I don‘t know exactly how Philly and Cranberry work as far as assigning them go, but I imagine if she were to get a challenger or SA, a Team USA jacket would show back up.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh man, any chance you could get an earlier flight/train (not sure how you are traveling)?
I doubt she dyed it, my completely uninformed guess is that the dress was made in 2 colors and she chose to wear the red and this one has been sitting. But it could also be that they remade the red one into a blue for this season, but that doesn’t seem super likely. Who knows?
I have no idea about international medals, but either way she should be very proud of herself.
I don’t know about Team USA jackets except as far as I have always known you get to keep your jacket once you “earn” it. I don‘t know exactly how Philly and Cranberry work as far as assigning them go, but I imagine if she were to get a challenger or SA, a Team USA jacket would show back up.
My choices were 845 am, which would have caused me to miss the mens long, or 1245, so I chose the 1245. The 845 is sold out.

I’m sure she still has it, but she’s not been wearing it. I noticed as long ago as Greensboro and as recently as today. She wears other jackets. Today just a black one.