2022 Skate America: Info & Pregame Chat | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America: Info & Pregame Chat

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Oh Goddess no..my Queen skates first...no matter how she skates she will be underscored.
Unfortunately, it’s reverse order of world standing and since she hasn’t done internationals until this season her world standing is the lowest. Also why she couldn’t qualify to be chosen for a GP outside of SA. I actually think it can be helpful to be 1st or 2nd after the warmup, rather than having to wait. I always enjoyed being first to skate after the warm up, especially in the short when there isn’t as much to warm up. And, if she is underscored bc of her starting order, I think with a decent skate she should end up somewhere between 6-9 (and honestly if she jumps like she did today more like 4-7) even with PCS being held down.

auser

Record Breaker
Yeah. Like I have a full-time job and can't really be on at all times. Especially I do lab work. And this weekend is going to be incredibly busy cause it's my wedding shower weekend. I'm going to end up missing some events. Which includes Ilia's SP. I MIGHT make the FP.

Something has got to give for them to keep up the replays. I'm glad comments are not being deleted. Because it shows what the big problem is.
Best wishes for your upcoming nuptials @cheerknithanson and have fun on your shower weekend. :)

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The predictions seem easy in some ways, and completely unpredictable in other respects. Some fans are really going out on a limb with some of their picks. But every category has some 'too close to call/ could go either way' booby traps.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I hope Gracie is excited about skating first. When I was competing, I was a "Try and beat that" kind of performer. No nerves, fresh off the warmup, and ready to "Slay" the crowd. :cheer2:
IIRC, an informal pole showed skaters liked to go first or second. I would hate to wait around, myself....going last would kill me!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If you are referring to the margarita and popcorn I would hope that margarita has a higher standing than popcorn but you are probably right:wink:.
:slink:
Actually, I dont do popcorn. Too many cracked teeth with those...but I only use 100 percent blue agave Tequila...none of that Jose quervo alchohol added stuff! ;)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I have a Dutch Motorcycle friend. He has a heavy accent. When we go into Canada, they ask him where he is from. He says, "Athol!" :rofl:
I’m sure it’s hilarious to make fun of our Dutch accent, but at least let me share in the fun then. :biggrin: Pray tell, what is Athol supposed to be?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually, I dont do popcorn. Too many cracked teeth with those...but I only use 100 percent blue agave Tequila...none of that Jose quervo alchohol added stuff! ;)
I have many cracked teeth from grinding them, 2 bionic teeth so far. But I have never cracked one on popcorn.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unfortunately, it’s reverse order of world standing and since she hasn’t done internationals until this season her world standing is the lowest. Also why she couldn’t qualify to be chosen for a GP outside of SA. I actually think it can be helpful to be 1st or 2nd after the warmup, rather than having to wait. I always enjoyed being first to skate after the warm up, especially in the short when there isn’t as much to warm up. And, if she is underscored bc of her starting order, I think with a decent skate she should end up somewhere between 6-9 (and honestly if she jumps like she did today more like 4-7) even with PCS being held down.
Well if she jumps like she jumped today she will have a pop and that’s no good, so let’s skate better than we did today and get 3rd. ❤️

skaket023

Rinkside
I could not get work off today, so missed the practice. Really looking forward to tomorrow. I'll leave the Cape at 8 AM but I know there will be traffic.

I bought 2 stuffed animals to toss for Roman Sadovsky. One's a whale, of course, 'cause it's New England.

However, I can't help feeling that Jun Hwan Cha is going to win, not Ilia.

Jumpers! If they have a bad day, they have no net to land in.

sworddance21

On the Ice
I could not get work off today, so missed the practice. Really looking forward to tomorrow. I'll leave the Cape at 8 AM but I know there will be traffic.

I bought 2 stuffed animals to toss for Roman Sadovsky. One's a whale, of course, 'cause it's New England.

However, I can't help feeling that Jun Hwan Cha is going to win, not Ilia.

Jumpers! If they have a bad day, they have no net to land in.
Oooh! Cape Cod? My favorite place! Was just there last weekend. October is the best!

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evan Bates’ attempt at sexy/Latin moves is exceeded in laughable awkwardness only by Tim Koleto’s. Their RD music is decent though. Can’t evaluate their dance as they ran through only a portion of it.

Jean Luc’s blade control and delicacy is astonishing, but you knew that. He is so good that he makes Kaitlin look stiff—it’s extremely noticeable as they skate together. He also gets so deep in his knees that he appears to be shorter than she is.
Evan is everyman wanting to do Latin - his seeming awkwardness is endearing.

I agree about Jean-Luc - he is exceptional. His movement is also sharper and quicker than Kait's. Somehow her leg line does not seem as long as his. It may just be out of their control, torso to leg ratio - it is what it is. I love their joy in skating this year and am happy to see them having an injury free start to their season.