2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Men's Short Program | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Men's Short Program

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I went back to sleep after they lowballed Keegan.
Hmm I thought so too. Actually while he is not a classical skater or traditional drama or theatrical king his actual skating skills are one of the best with great spins. He could up the content on jumps but certainly not bad. The judges could have upped his score. I was happy with the the Japanese men and Malinin While it is sad Yuzuru and Nathan aren't here and the Russian men the men brought it here unlike in pairs and ladies where you can noticeably see a lower lev l of skates the men were still high quality. NOthing against pairs or ladies. I was impressed with Ilia not being intimidated. I do think Yuma was held up a bit. And to be honest Morisi, Daniel, Keegan, Kevin, the other French skater, Cha, Denis, Vinnie, and maybe I missed some but these skaters all could be potenital bronze medallists or down in 16th.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
What a great event!!! Feeling sad for Cha, though..., but feeling very, very glad for Malinin. The Japanese guys were really wonderful. Did not expect this event after the Olympics to be so well skated.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmm I thought so too. Actually while he is not a classical skater or traditional drama or theatrical king his actual skating skills are one of the best with great spins. He could up the content on jumps but certainly not bad. The judges could have upped his score. I was happy with the the Japanese men and Malinin While it is sad Yuzuru and Nathan aren't here and the Russian men the men brought it here unlike in pairs and ladies where you can noticeably see a lower lev l of skates the men were still high quality. NOthing against pairs or ladies. I was impressed with Ilia not being intimidated. I do think Yuma was held up a bit. And to be honest Morisi, Daniel, Keegan, Kevin, the other French skater, Cha, Denis, Vinnie, and maybe I missed some but these skaters all could be potenital bronze medallists or down in 16th.
I thought Ilia was correctly scored on TES, overscored on PCS.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Fantastic event. Unlike the usual men's splatfest, not only did most of the men stay on their feet most of the time, but put out some pretty darn entertaining programs as well. Enjoyed so many of the music selections.

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Happy for the Japanese boys! Sad for Jun. Such a shame his boot broke at such a bad time. I would have switched Vincent and Ilia. No other skater would have got a q on that lutz. It really seems unfair. Ilias jumps were really good but tbh that score shocked me. His skatings just not on the level of the top boys yet. Anyway this was a really high level competition very enjoyable. I would love Shoma to win this one.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Currently watching
MATTEOOOOOOO THAT WAS SO GOOD
OH MY GOSH KAZUUUUUKKKKKKIIIIIIII
VINCENT REDEMPTION YAY YAY YAY YAY
YUUUUMMMMMAAAAA THAT WAS AMAZING
OH. MY. GOD. SHOMA. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
stephane ❤️
DENISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DANIEL!!!!!!!!

RIP Jun I still love the program

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Fabulous Men's SP!!! So happy for many of these guys...Vincent for a lovely, though not his best, redemption skate. Stellar programs from the Japanese men, and what about Malinin? He is a future champion for sure. Camden skated clean as well which was a bonus. My only beef was Grassl. Seemed overscored to me. Guess what? Didn't miss the Russian men at all!

Cilla70

On the Ice
A lot of great skating today. Not a mess, yeah. SHoms definitely deserved 1st place. The best I have seen him skate in the last couple years. Hopefully he can hold on during the free skate. Great job by all of the American skaters.

psychotropek

Rinkside
So many excellent performances! Makes me proud to be a member of the same species.

I am a total homer for Vincent Zhou because I graduated from the university he goes to. So I am biased but I love to watch him skate. Glad to see him satisfied.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So many excellent performances! Makes me proud to be a member of the same species.

I am a total homer for Vincent Zhou because I graduated from the university he goes to. So I am biased but I love to watch him skate. Glad to see him satisfied.

The bias is understandable. :) Based on affiliation, I should be rooting nonstop for Nathan and Vincent. Spousal Unit's undergrad degree (and "college", or residence hall): Nathan. Spousal Unit's PhD: Vincent. Too bad no one wants to go to my actual alma mater, even though it's also in the Ancient Eight. :(

Vincent has been through so much, I am happy for him, I hope this comp gives him the catharsis he needs.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am catching up slowly on all the skating i have missed...

This is so moving. The emotion of the coaches.
The song.
The beautiful flowing skating of Shmuratko.
The flag with peace written in so many languages.

The words of the commentators :
AG : I feel like crying. All these people suffering.
JT : Let's wish for peace
AG : As fast as possible. It's an emergency.

Crying Niagara falls here.

Thank you Ivan. You are a courageous young man !

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case anyone wanted an individual video link for Roman's performance. (Sorry for the long wait, but my computer struggled downloading the archived livestream which was around 5.3 GB in size.) Dailymotion detests Muse, so I had to upload the vid on Streamable.

2022 Roman Sadovsky Worlds SP (ISU 1080p):

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There's self-confidence and then there's smug and cocky - he was quoted as saying this proves he should have been at the Olympics - "I belonged there"....... said without grace.

I saw a tweet with that language, but then saw it was deleted. I like to think the quote was wrong.

There is a fine line between young bravado and bad sportmanship. I would like to see Ilia on the correct side of that line.

In any case, this event proved what I thought: he's not getting "senior" PCS until he improves. Which he can do, and I hope he does so in a way that he learns and adapts from those with higherr PCS.